Actors to the rescue as Thai beauty's Austrian dad needs blood after accident

rooster59

Actors to the rescue as Thai beauty's Austrian dad needs blood after accident

1518767253685.jpg

Image: TNews

TNews reported that the father of Thai Channel 7 actress and model Cat Stephany Auernig, 24, was helped by blood donations from two actors as he went into surgery for an accident suffered last month.

Sixty three year old Rupert Auernig - who Tnews said was Australian but was listed as Austrian on a fan page - needed surgery on his left leg.

"Steph" had made an Instagram appeal for Type A blood and well known actors Ek and Mick stepped up to the plate, said her mother in an online post of thanks. 

Steph was born in Pattaya in January 1994 to Rupert and Somrak Auernig.

She went to the Regent's International School and became Miss Teen Thailand in 2009. 

Her father was treated in Chonburi Hospital though it is not known what accident befell him. 

Source: TNews

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-02-17

Sixty three year old Rupert Auernig - who Tnews said was Australian but was listed as Austrian on a fan page - needed surgery on his left leg.

Hopeless, they'll never know the huge differences between the two countries. Rupert Auernig, a typical Australian name? 

20 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

Hopeless, they'll never know the huge differences between the two countries. Rupert Auernig, a typical Australian name? 

Australia is a multicultural nation. Despite of what many people think, not all Australians are white-skinned, blonde hair anglo-saxons with anglo-saxon names.

In fact, in Sydney (Australia's most populated city), most common surnames are not all anglo-saxon types. In Sydney, 6 of our the top 10 surnames come from asian ethnicities, not from an anglo-saxon background. So your 'typical Australian surname' can be Lee, Nguyen and/or Chen. Yes, they are 'real' Australians. Myself also being Asian Australian.

Sydney 2010/11(most common surnames)

1. Smith
  2. Lee
  3. Nguyen
  4. Chen
  5. Jones
  6. Kim
  7. Li
  8. Williams
  9. Brown
  10. Wang

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/national/queensland/most-common-names-in-australian-white-pages-by-city-20100909-152cs.html

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, song0674 said:

Australia is a multicultural nation. Despite of what many people think, not all Australians are white-skinned, blonde hair anglo-saxons with anglo-saxon names.

In fact, in Sydney (Australia's most populated city), most common surnames are not all anglo-saxon types. In Sydney, 6 of our the top 10 surnames come from asian ethnicities, not from an anglo-saxon background. So your 'typical Australian surname' can be Lee, Nguyen and/or Chen. Yes, they are 'real' Australians. Myself also being Asian Australian.

1. Smith
  2. Lee
  3. Nguyen
  4. Chen
  5. Jones
  6. Kim
  7. Li
  8. Williams
  9. Brown
  10. Wang

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/national/queensland/most-common-names-in-australian-white-pages-by-city-20100909-152cs.html

You'll find more Moser and Bauer in Austria, but of course quite a lot of Asian and other names..

Rank Name Meaning Approximate percentage
1 Gruber deprecated term for miner 0.3991
2 Huber deprecated term for land-owning farmer 0.3873
3 Bauer farmer 0.3373
4 Wagner wainwright 0.3100
5 Müller miller 0.3012
6 Pichler   0.2753
7 Steiner 'one who dwells by the stone' 0.2713
8 Moser 'moss person' 0.2674
9 Mayer deprecated term for a privileged farmer 0.2653
10 Hofer deprecated term; probably for steward, property or horse maintenance, even blacksmith or related 0.2479
Edited by jenny2017

7 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

"Hopeless, they'll never know the huge differences between the two countries."

Yes, a bit like all those who think  Thailand is an island off the coast of China or that Nigeria is bigger than 

Niger.

I think that was rather nice of those actors to donate blood and help save a life. 

I have to admitt that I don't even know what blood group I am... 

I keep meaning to donate blood but... never get around to it...

Gute Besserung Rupert!

Edited by djayz

7 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

And many people I know in the west don't know the difference between Taiwan and Thailand.

28 minutes ago, whaleboneman said:

And many people I know in the west don't know the difference between Taiwan and Thailand.

Sent documents via Federal Express to a friend in Thailand. He never received them after a few weeks. So I went back to the FedExOffice and made an inquiry about the whereabouts of those papers. Finally they admitted they were sent to Taiwan...  That was about 20 years ago. Unbelievable !

1 hour ago, djayz said:

I think that was rather nice of those actors to donate blood and help save a life. 

I have to admitt that I don't even know what blood group I am... 

I keep meaning to donate blood but... never get around to it...

Gute Besserung Rupert!

if you are over 70 forget it they will not take your blood as yet I have not been told why

8 hours ago, song0674 said:

1. Smith
  2. Lee
  3. Nguyen
  4. Chen
  5. Jones
  6. Kim
  7. Li
  8. Williams
  9. Brown
  10. Wang

You don't sound very convinced, having put the word 'real' in inverted commas. However, if all you've got to do is float over on a raft from Vietnam to be considered a real Australian, fair enough.

Most Thais wouldn't be able to point out the place on a map, as for Austria......forget it. Other places they struggle with, are: America, Africa, or even neighbours like Laos, and Cambodia, which they still insist on calling Kampuchea. 

Edited by Jeremy50
grammar