Marines drink cobra blood in US-Thai war drills

The same thing is seen every day in thousands of restaurants across Asia and in particular in China. Two glasses, one with red snake blood in it and the second, a green liquid made from a mashed up gland of the snake, it's a tradition not some feat of bravado!. 

8 hours ago, Tilacme said:

Seen worse than that in the local market.

I haven't, but I have seen worse on TV. Documentary on the cobra blood drinking cult. Or, actually, just a small shopkeeper who raises cobras for the market and butchers them in front of the customer so they know it's real and also fresh. Scorpions? I didn't know they were nutritious, but I guess anything that contains protein is OK if your survival is at stake. And if it doesn't look appetizing at first, in a couple of days it will.

13 hours ago, Acharn said:

I haven't, but I have seen worse on TV. Documentary on the cobra blood drinking cult. Or, actually, just a small shopkeeper who raises cobras for the market and butchers them in front of the customer so they know it's real and also fresh. Scorpions? I didn't know they were nutritious, but I guess anything that contains protein is OK if your survival is at stake. And if it doesn't look appetizing at first, in a couple of days it will.

The main difference between the market and the Marines is that the Marines are eating it out of sufferance whereas the Thais pay good money for all manner of creepy crawlies and their ovaries.

Archived