Ignore the tourist attractions, what is it really that makes Hua Hin worth a visit?

webfact

Ignore the tourist attractions, what is it really that makes Hua Hin worth a visit?

By Dan Cheeseman

Hua-Hin-Town-Guide.jpg?resize=800,500

It would be all too easy for me to just list all the different attractions that Hua Hin offers to build the compelling case for why Hua Hin is well worth a visit; but that is just far to predictable and by and large a little dull and uninspiring for anyone reading. Top things to do lists are done to death, old hat and not worth the read.

Tell me something new, something that captures that Je nai sai quoi, you know the heart and soul of the area that makes it so desirable, because to me this is what Hua Hin really has in abundance.

I have traveled pretty much all the main areas of the Thailand, not really the second and third tier locations, but I have hit the key places and for me Hua Hin is one of my favourites.

The people are nice – both Thais, expats and tourists; there is a common courtesy and respect that you most definitely do not find in locations like Pattaya. When driving in Pattaya any on coming traffic will flash their lights aggressively and do everything they can not to let you pass or get into lane, yet in Hua Hin cars will give way and there is a driving code that you normally only find in Western worlds. The two locations of Pattaya and Hua Hin are poles apart.

Full story: http://danaboutthailand.com/2018/02/19/ignore-the-tourist-attractions-what-is-it-really-that-makes-hua-hin-worth-a-visit/

• Sad 1

The National Park is very nice, one of the best local seafood restaurant is Saeng Thong. Various new and nice hotels with huge rooms available at bargain prices when you go during the weekdays and low season.

But the author of the article is selling Hua Hin too much, cars do not let you cross, traffic is indeed not that great in the city center, its turning into a small pattaya with all the new mall openings, and it is getting more and more expensive as well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nickhick said:

It’s been run over with Russians they are ignorant people most of the condos are having throuble with them,  them and there whinny screaming kids .They contribute nothing to the economy they never eat in the restaurants unless it’s cheap food.Lots of couples are saying never again will I stay in a condo unless it’s a  kids free place.Just saying.

sounds like the massive influx of low life "Brits" coming here over last two decades

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, mike324 said:

The National Park is very nice, one of the best local seafood restaurant is Saeng Thong. Various new and nice hotels with huge rooms available at bargain prices when you go during the weekdays and low season.

But the author of the article is selling Hua Hin too much, cars do not let you cross, traffic is indeed not that great in the city center, its turning into a small pattaya with all the new mall openings, and it is getting more and more expensive as well.

It will never turn into Pattaya because it does not have the low life trash expats that live there. Hua Hin has a far better class of expats and Thais and does not have the violence, criminals and crime that Pattaya has.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

I really hate Pattaya, yet Hua Hin I really like, I would come down and take private tours and I have really enjoyed my stays!

One thing I notice about Hua Hin is that there is very little tourism of ferangs there,  once in one weekend I only saw about 20 ferangs in Hua Hin itself...

I would love to be there right now, however I have very little desire to ever be in Pattaya again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Suradit69 said:

Well it's easy to see why you feel intellectually superior to them.

While I do agree that Nickhick's choice of words could have been better, I have to agree with the "screaming kids" comment.  I lived in a condo near Market Village frequented by Russian tourists and then 2 years at another condo in Khao Takiab just south of HH.  In both locations, tourist parents quite often put water wings on their infants who then floated alone in the middle of the pool screaming in fear while their parents lounged by the side of the pool paying no attention to the children or the noise.  Totally inconsiderate of others but apparently they thought it was an easy way to teach their very young children not to fear water.

As a result, I now live in a rental house.  Fortunately, I was smart enough not to consider purchasing a condo but definitely feel sorry for those who did.

• Like 1

I did stay in HH for a few years. Now it starting to be horrible. Prices going up like hell same like private parties

in rented out houses everywhere. Traffic trough the town is going worse and the beach stinks frome the horse shit

and the rubbish.

Now i stay in Korat in the province. very friendly thais, nearly no farangs and many good and

affordable restaurants, a lovely waterpark for a nice walk and a few malls where you can find, if you like,

some farangs for a chat.

IMG_20150202_175039.jpg