Anyone going to UK? - have to spend old £10 notes

canerandagio

Hi,

I know this isn't probably the correct forum for this query but I couldn't think of a better one. Apologies in advance.

I have £410 in old ten pounds notes which I need to spend before they are not legal tender anymore in March 2018.

I am not planning to travel to the UK in the coming days, so if there is anyone who is going and want to exchange them for me, either in baht at the Superrich rate or in other pound notes I would be grateful.

These notes can be spent until March with no issues.

Long shot, I know.

Thanks,

straydog

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, canerandagio said:

I am not planning to go back for a long time (maybe years... do you think it will be OK after say 5 years?)

Yes.

And, in addition, whilst branches of commercial banks all over the UK are not obliged to accept the paper tenners after March 1, the reality is they will change them for years to come unless you get a recalcitrant teller.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, canerandagio said:

I Love good news :)

I changed some £1 notes in 2015 (27 years after they ceased to be legal tender) and some big 50p coins (18 years after withdrawal) in a small local branch of the Natwest. Teller never raised any issuing with changing them just expressed surprise at seeing old currency she hadn't seen for years.

On 21/02/2018 at 12:50 AM, canerandagio said:

I have £410 in old ten pounds notes which I need to spend before they are not legal tender anymore

Hold on to them. At the moment they're worth just B18,000 - After Brexit (2019) they could be worth B28,000, or more.

(or maybe B10,000, or less - who knows?)

• Like 1

Panics and checks cash ...... all 20 pound notes .....phew!
20 pound notes expired last month, didn't you know? [emoji4]
I'll get them off you today if you want, at half their face value (and yes, i will pay with my 10 pounds notes). Deal? [emoji28][emoji28][emoji28]

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I'll give you baht for them, but nowhere close to the Super Rich rate.

I'm not going to the UK for 18 months, so the exchange rate could worsen significantly during that time. In addition the whole thing of meeting up, doing the deal, losing a year and a half of interest and visiting a UK bank is just painful.

15,000 baht is what they are worth to me.

I'll give you baht for them, but nowhere close to the Super Rich rate.

I'm not going to the UK for 18 months, so the exchange rate could worsen significantly during that time. In addition the whole thing of meeting up, doing the deal, losing a year and a half of interest and visiting a UK bank is just painful.

15,000 baht is what they are worth to me.
Thanks. Tempting and reasonable offer. I will hold on to them. [emoji4]

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

I know this isn't probably the correct forum for this query but I couldn't think of a better one. Apologies in advance.

I have £410 in old ten pounds notes which I need to spend before they are not legal tender anymore in March 2018.
I am not planning to travel to the UK in the coming days, so if there is anyone who is going and want to exchange them for me, either in baht at the Superrich rate or in other pound notes I would be grateful.

These notes can be spent until March with no issues.

Long shot, I know.

Thanks,
straydog
Banks will change them up to a certain length of time past that date .

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk