"We can't stand it any longer!" Three aunties hold press conference on sidewalk outside house at center of illegal parking drama

webfact

4 minutes ago, hellstens said:

And you would be happy and walk instead I presume.lol

OK, she goes a bit to fare, would be better call the police and sort it out that way,

Sad she did not think before the act. But I understand her frustration.    

You mean like the many other times she called police? So you think it's cool that to get out of your house whenever you like, you need to call the police, wait around for them (hopefully) to show up, then when they eventually do and hopefully sort out the one blocking your driveway, you can finally get on with your life? All the time?

Well, now they've got their publicity, and so they'll gain their reward. A month of people not parking outside their house before everyone forgets and things go back to the way they were. Mai pen rai!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, z42 said:

So according to this the reports of illegal parking being the cause of not getting their dying relative to hospital on time are BS, and aside from inconvenience i fail to see how they are claiming the moral high ground after smashing that motor up.

The pickup owner should get a standard ticket, and these morons a VERY hefty fine for criminal damage

Logic would suggest the driver shouldn't have parked the pick-up in front of the driveway. But there's logic, and there's Thai logic, and ne'er the twain shall meet.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, kcpattaya said:

Absolute imbeciles - that is what they are.
Out of control. Insane.
They probably have plenty of money/assets to buy a house elsewhere.
Problem solved. Frustrated morons.

Why on earth should somebody have to up sticks because of a string of inconsiderate people

Their actions are the result of many years of stress, lets just be thankful that no personal injury was involved

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

When it is your home that is being blocked, and people are parking in front of a drive and gateway, with warning signs, it seems to be more than a simple act of illegal parking.

I don't condone criminal damage, but people have a right to enter and exit of their own homes. The only solution seems to be to have a rapid tow away service, the vehicles towed to a remote area and held in containment, requiring a large fine to get them back.

An expensive alternative would be those electric bollards than can be lowered or raised, but of course they would be installed on public property.

I would be very happy to see those illegally parked removed quickly where I live, Pattaya area, main inroads get blocked and limited frequently. Double parking with flashing hazard lights should also not be tolerated.

Sadly it would detract from the sense of 'freedom' of the town, but needs must.

Perhaps they should invest in a large fork-lift!

You took the words out of my mouth," solution seems to be to have a rapid tow away service, the vehicles towed to a remote area and held in containment, requiring a large fine to get them back"  Plus add a big sign at the gate stating, "Tow Away zone. Heavy Fines".That way the towy is happy, the residents are happy and the sad scum who parked there will not do that again. Case solved.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, z42 said:

So according to this the reports of illegal parking being the cause of not getting their dying relative to hospital on time are BS, and aside from inconvenience i fail to see how they are claiming the moral high ground after smashing that motor up.

The pickup owner should get a standard ticket, and these morons a VERY hefty fine for criminal damage

Well done and keep up the good work of smashing up the motors of people that just don't care or give a damn.

The only thing is next time make sure nobody see or makes a video of you doing it.

Edited by Hooliganzone
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Coastrider said:

It would help if Thais took the time to read...I saw a big sign and thought no one lived there. I used to ask my Ex if she could read, because they look but dont read.. I would be pissed too if this happened to me all the time, as I am sure most people on her would,

The rest are Bullshitters.  Go girls go..show true thainess.

Don't forget..... Many Thais can't read. Same as Burmese people. But.... They can drive, at least they think they can. 

12 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

Don't forget..... Many Thais can't read. Same as Burmese people. But.... They can drive, at least they think they can. 

True, many Thais cannot read but there is no need to.

It only needs some common sense but Thai don't have that either...

Edited by Hooliganzone
  • Like 1

See my earlier comments:

- the problem is not the law, the Thai law is a good law and makes sense
- the problem is the implementation and execution of the Thai law = see police

Police = brown-clothed civil servants blind and deaf to the needs of the people - unless of course the complaint or request is handed in with the necessary paperwork nicely wrapped up in those brown envelopes - pathetic! 

• Thanks 1

I am right behind these ladies. The law is simple. Do not park across my driveway. I think the village can all contribute to a second hand tractor and chain and wheel locks. One of the nice advantages of a 4wd SUV and always carrying a tow chain is the ability to easily drag other cars out of the way.

I tend to agree with the old ladies. I believe that it is illegal to park blocking a driveway. 

I have to laugh at the comments about Thai drivers.

My friend is so rude never will allow someone to pull in front of his car in traffic. If I make a suggestion he will do the opposite. He will drive to Esplanade or  Bangkapi mall and drive for an hour trying to find a parking place instead of going to the parking place next door where his validation won't work. 

When not driving he is the kindest guy I met 5555

Thai driving reminds me of an old Disney cartoon where goofy turns into a monster when he gets in a car. 

Edited by Grumpy Duck

1 hour ago, impulse said:

Then you and I are very different people.

Yes we certainly are, I am not blaming you for the way you feel, but if anyone does anything bad against me, I will try and get back at them somehow. But I must emphasis, I am not referring to minor things, but anyone blocking me in is not a minor thing in my eyes, though there can be exceptions in an emergency, not something like shopping.

3 hours ago, BEngBKK said:

It is simple....

Was the car parked legally ?

Next time i would suggest the old aunts not to bash the car, but use gasoline instead....
(Except that could be a danger for other people....)

Maybe put spikes under the cars wheel is better.

They can probably buy Caltrop's on lazada......

(I am joking)

P.s

My Thai wife and Thai friends tell me that the driver asked for it.
They think the baching of the car where Okay.....:thumbsup: 

Are wheel clamps available for sale?  That would no doubt send some sort of message to the driver.

There's some money to be made here.  Get a number of tow trucks on standby, then every time a punter parks illegally, have that vehicle towed, charge the punter 4000 baht.  2000 to the aunties, 2000 to the tow truck drivers.  Everyone wins except the idiot that's too lazy to park legitimately farther away.

2 hours ago, Thian said:

Well those owners of that estate are also lowlife's, look at all the foreclosure signs at that hi-so front gate. They have a huge house it seems so why don't they pay the bills like all decent people?

Here in a moobaan where many thai lawyers and tv=stars live they drive the latest model German cars, several at one house but they have no money to paint the wall around their house which looks totally crap....

Many of them bought the landplot at both sides of their estate and leave it as a grassfield so they won't get any neighbours.

Even hi-so expensive moobaans can have lowclass thai with barking dogs or nasty kids screaming all day. And there's nothing you can do about it.

You've commented with prejudice and without knowing anything of the widely publicised backstory,...

It's best to read a little before jumping to ill-formed conclusions.

3 hours ago, Birdbrain said:

The aunties should buy a forklift and move any car out the way and dump the car in the middle of the road.

Problem solved.

Why don't they use parking cones in front of the gates? Then again it is Thailand and people would probably just move them so they could park!!! Common sense doesn't seem to prevail here!