US Embassy Consular Outreach At Udon Thani March 7th 12 pm to 3 pm

American Legion Post TH01

• 2 weeks later...

Suggestions? I’ve got my NO 90 days check in on March 28 in Udon. After that the next check in will be for renewal of NO. I’ve been told before renewal I need to get new Passport mine expires in Dec. 

should I do the check in early and apply for new passport on March 7th

or wait until after and endure the hassle and expense of going going to BKK to renew passport after. US Citizen 

2 hours ago, DJ54 said:

Suggestions? I’ve got my NO 90 days check in on March 28 in Udon. After that the next check in will be for renewal of NO. I’ve been told before renewal I need to get new Passport mine expires in Dec. 

should I do the check in early and apply for new passport on March 7th

or wait until after and endure the hassle and expense of going going to BKK to renew passport after. US Citizen 

You will need a new passport if it will have less than 12 months of validity when you apply for your extension or they will only do it to the date it expires.

You can only do your 90 day report 15 days early. Tomorrow would be about 21 days early.

You could apply for the new passport but you will not have your old one until the new one is issued and then it is sent to you with the new one by EMS if you buy a prepaid EMS envelope.

You can also apply for your new passport by mail now. See: https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/passports/passport-by-mail-service-adult-renew/