Astrologer ‘Ordered’ To Stop Predicting Gov’t Doom

webfact

personally i think now is the time to continue with dark auguries which may be more likely to bring this lot down than any election or coup.

The superstition may be laughable, but in this climate of press censorship, unilateral military rule, and the general lessening of the rights of the individual in thailand, superstition and the manifestation of these ill omens is the only way that the general disease of the population can be registered.

The fact that these ill omens are gaining as much traction as they have indicates that all is not well with the government and their subjects. 

A broken birdbath and a dead pigeon can be viewed as implicit commentary on prawits love of all things horological and all the other issues this illegal junta has brought about.  

Edited by HooHaa
  • Like 2

seems worse than the 'old days' of 'Communist Russia'............ very similar conditions then, in Russia...........

BUT this a more modern day............ What is happening here............ No Freedom of the Press?.... No freedom of speech?    ANY FREEDOM?

If he could talk to animals he would warn and threaten them too. It was either Tweedle small p or Tweedle big P who ordered him to stop. Ordered is probably too soft of a word though! Tweedle small p needs to get an hour glass on his wrist as their government is on borrowed sand at this point. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I really do not understand why this astrologer would be saying unkind things about the leader. The great and benevolent leader has already insured happiness. He is lowering unemployment. He is growing the economy. He is increasing tourism revenue. He is increasing exports. He is abiding by all of the terms of the ASEAN charters he signed, and allowing the duty free importation of all beer throughout ASEAN. They are on all of the supermarket shelves as we speak. We are not longer subject to the very low quality local beers. He is making visa policy easy, simple and streamlined, and all tourists are very happy about that. He is improving traffic and public safety. Corruption is being eliminated, and innocent fall guys are no longer getting charged for murder, and being put to death. The taxi mafia on Samui and Phuket have been eliminated, and tourists can now get a taxi at a fair price. Life is better for all now that this great man is demonstrating his genius and vision on a daily basis. All he cares about is the welfare of his own people, and the happiness of both tourists and the ex-pat community. He contemplates this day and night. 

Hey spidermike! Steven has hacked your account...

23 hours ago, nikmar said:

Although key officials including deputy prime minister Wissanu Krea-ngam deny the regime believes in hocus-pocus, anonymous Government House figures have been quoted saying they are unnerved by the perceived portents.

The regime may not say they believe but doesnt K. Prayuth wear a ton of amulets around his necK?

Yep his days are numbered, he should jump before he is pushed 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Teacher said:
23 hours ago, nikmar said:
{snipped}

The regime may not say they believe but doesnt K. Prayuth wear a ton of amulets around his necK?

Yep his days are numbered, he should jump before he is pushed 

The photo I saw with all those amulets around his neck, I think 'jumping' would be physically impossible.

Topple forwards, maybe.

Edited by bluesofa
  • Like 1

On 22/02/2018 at 2:28 PM, nikmar said:

Outrageous suggestion.   The kind-hearted man is probably just looking after them for a friend !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

I recall that as a child it was considered unlucky to walk under a ladder, step on the cracks between paving stones and any Friday the 13th was best to be used as a duvet day :smile: Now a few years later a little bit older and a little wiser I see it for what it is Bullshit, it's about time the PM grew up and grew a pair, or better still resign and go and live in a cave. :smile: 

All that hocus pocus about ladders, mirrors, etc is BS for sure but I can't still be the only one who, many many years later, still looks to avoid them all. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ZeVonderBearz said:

All that hocus pocus about ladders, mirrors, etc is BS for sure but I can't still be the only one who, many many years later, still looks to avoid them all. 

I make the effort to walk under ladders, not just to ignore the superstition nonsense, but also to see the number of people who try to stop me, it's quite high.

Edited by bluesofa
smelling mistake

9 hours ago, ZeVonderBearz said:

They should pay the astrologer a couple hundred BAHT to change his prediction to something a bit less doomie. Or just hire a government appointed astrologer to tell everyone that all is good. 

I'm sure that the fortune teller who got a nice commission for the statues at RajabhaKtri Park would give a good reading

1 hour ago, bluesofa said:

I make the effort to walk under ladders, not just to ignore the superstition nonsense, but also to see the number of people who try to stop me, it's quite high.

Actually, I think the empirical evidence would show that you are more likely to get a bucket of paint dropped on you walking under ladders than anywhere else. The superstition conceals practical common sense.

10 hours ago, mikebell said:

The writing is on the wall; the Junta are finished - a dead pigeon will prove their downfall; no need for illegal demonstrations.

Conversely, the pigeon could represent promised elections/the Thai electorate and a return to an elected gov't. The two crows could represent the two Ps as they double down in the face of growing public discontent. Regardless of which side of the "omen" one perceives,  the toad whisperer and those who selected him to do their bidding won't go quietly.