UK ideas on post-Brexit ties are "pure illusion", EU's Tusk says

rooster59

21 hours ago, Jane Dough said:

It is a pity they didn't listen to the more sensible "children". The younger voters would have insisted on remain. But then, they are far less racist. 

However many of those sensible "children" as most of us have been didn't bother to vote, either way. If they didnt't vote then don't complain about the result.

Can you offer an age range for those sensible "children" and an estimate of thier life experience?

Would you say that someone who is 18, just left school for university has more or less knowledge and life experience than someone of perhaps 65 and retired?

I'm rather warming to Brexit.

Not that I in anyway support the madness, but when the government's own analysis clearly indicates that the areas of the UK that voted for Brexit will be worst hit by the consequences, I am at least comforted in the thought there is some justice in the forthcoming decimation of the Brexit voting local economies. 

Meanwhile Brexit voters keen to 'stick one on the elite' can rejoice as the post Brexit bonus of reduced worker rights, reduced environmental protections, reduced controls over banks and tax dodging shaft the workers and enrich the elite. 

'Deregulated' Britain is going to be a very 'interesting' place for anyone who's not already loaded. 

Enjoy.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I'm rather warming to Brexit.

Not that I in anyway support the madness, but when the government's own analysis clearly indicates that the areas of the UK that voted for Brexit will be worst hit by the consequences, I am at least comforted in the thought there is some justice in the forthcoming decimation of the Brexit voting local economies. 

Meanwhile Brexit voters keen to 'stick one on the elite' can rejoice as the post Brexit bonus of reduced worker rights, reduced environmental protections, reduced controls over banks and tax dodging shaft the workers and enrich the elite. 

'Deregulated' Britain is going to be a very 'interesting' place for anyone who's not already loaded. 

Enjoy.

Oh, you are so cruel.

But it's hard not to laugh. Certainly, collective suicide is an interesting phenomenon ...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 2/24/2018 at 12:38 AM, markaoffy said:

Meaningless and idiotic post! A failing and outdated EU is what UK is Leaving! The EU And Tusk Want UK money,simple to understand !

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Thanks for those considered words of wisdom. And for beautifully summing up most of the Brexit argument in three sentences. Now if only the adults would listen as well we would be off and running .:smile:

1 hour ago, Air Smiles said:

The cherry on the cake will be the insurge of 3rd world immigrant, mainly Africans, who will come to fill the places of the EU workers that dont want to be in the UK any longer, except they wont be arriving hidden in the back of lorries, they will instead be invited and offered incentives by the UK government to prop up the stalled UK economy.

Bring on hard Brexit, it will be worth it just to see the look on the faces of UKIP/EDL devotees ....no doubt Muslims will get the blame.

Is this Project Fear warming up again? 

• Like 1

Nah, It's Project Economic Reality responding to Project Misty Eyed Nationalistic Delusion. 

Utter tosh.

It’s unknown territory and it’s causing many of the economists to scratch they’re head’s as Post result has gone against all known models.

Even more, a few of the credible economists admit many of the reports are flawed & are being bought to question.

The only thing misty eyed, is remainers & Brexit haters to continue they’re frothing rants....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, citybiker said:

Utter tosh.

It’s unknown territory and it’s causing many of the economists to scratch they’re head’s as Post result has gone against all known models.

Even more, a few of the credible economists admit many of the reports are flawed & are being bought to question.

Can we have links to these "credible economists" ?

Please no links to daily express articles etc..

Edited by Air Smiles

Can we have links to these "credible economists" ?

Please no links to daily express articles etc..

The BBC is just one of a few source’s that’s interviewed economists, research is at your fingertips as I’m enjoying the closing ceremony.

As apposed to The Mirror, Bloomberg & the Guardian?

You could always trawl through previous Brexit threads for links, mind you it’s all ongoing so the situation is fluid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, citybiker said:

The BBC is just one of a few source’s that’s interviewed economists, research is at your fingertips as I’m enjoying the closing ceremony.

As apposed to The Mirror, Bloomberg & the Guardian?

You could always trawl through previous Brexit threads for links, mind you it’s all ongoing so the situation is fluid.

It's up to you to provide evidence for your statements, you seem to have plenty of time to reply so why cant you provide a link?

Ether provide Supporting links to "credible economists"  admitting  "many of the reports are flawed & are being bought to question" ....or it simply didn't happen.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Even the hopelessly biased liberal agenda driven BBC has done a report about the City of London finding a way round things and looking to the future...and it's about competing with New York, not the EU...especially after the corp tax reductions in the US recently. They may be a bunch of b(w)ankers but when it all boils down to it, they are pragmatic and good at self-preservation. 

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-43088856

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sir Dude said:

Even the hopelessly biased liberal agenda driven BBC has done a report about the City of London finding a way round things and looking to the future...and it's about competing with New York, not the EU...especially after the corp tax reductions in the US recently. They may be a bunch of b(w)ankers but when it all boils down to it, they are pragmatic and good at self-preservation. 

That article is about The UK financial services industry not the UK economy, also it's completely unrelated to the previous claim made by soibiker: 'credible economists admitted many of the reports are flawed & are being bought to question'.

• Sad 1

It's up to you to provide evidence for your statements, you seem to have plenty of time to reply so why cant you provide a link?

Ether provide Supporting links to "credible economists"  admitting  "many of the reports are flawed & are being bought to question" ....or it simply didn't happen.
Or simply didn't happen?

Words fail me..

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Sir Dude said:

Lets drill down into the detail and de-construct your article:

What is the article about:

Financial services is the UK's biggest export sector, employs 1 million people and pays 12% of all UK taxes. Like it or loathe it, its importance to the UK economy is enormous.

25% of which comes from the EU

Miles Celic, the Chief Executive of financial lobbying group, TheCityUK, explained: "Of the business done in the City, 25% is UK domestic, 25% is EU related and 50% is international.

So, what is the plan after Brexit?

The below is smoke and mirrors rhetoric which essentially says the UK can have any rules they like as long as the conform to existing EU rules, lol:

A new idea has emerged which many in London are pinning their hopes on. It's already been given a number of snappy titles.

"Enhanced equivalence", "managed divergence" or "mutually recognised regulation" all essentially mean the same thing, that UK and EU rules are allowed to diverge by continual agreement thrashed out at regular meetings between regulators from both jurisdictions.

What does the UK government think about this plan?

The Chancellor of the Exchequer Phillip Hammond got behind this idea at his Mansion House speech last June as did Dexeu Secretary David Davis at a speech at the UK headquarters of Swiss bank UBS.

But, more importantly what does the EU think?

But what does the EU think? Its Chief negotiator Michel Barnier has been clear - there is no special deal for the City.

• Confused 1