Relatives and doctor say stop blaming CPR girl Nong Jaen

rooster59

22 hours ago, rooster59 said:

He praised the actions of Nong Jaen saying that those who might criticize her were incorrect.

Here here I enjoying watching all of it, unfortunately the end result, is what it is, but good on her, exhilarating stuff, could have worn a shorter skirt though 555

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Here here I enjoying watching all of it, unfortunately the end result, is what it is, but good on her, exhilarating stuff, could have worn a shorter skirt though 555

Yep, shorter skirt could have resulted in a different outcome, but maybe it wouldn't have mattered 555

22 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

These people are total idiots. Tons of examples of first responders straddling a patient either on the ground or a stretcher.

Super girl, this one!

Speaking as a qualified first aider CPR should be done from the side when the casualty is on the ground, or low enough to be done properly.

However from the photo in the other thread about it, it is obvious that the casualty was on a trolley and the only way to exert enough pressure at that height is to straddle the casualty. She did what she should have done.

Pity there are such hateful people in the world that they have to object on the most ridiculous grounds that she was in the wrong, when they obviously have no clue about CPR at all.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Minnehaha said:

She did a great job. 

The only thing came to mind was ... her rhythm seemed too fast. For CPR to work the compression has to allow for the chest to expand and heart to fill w blood. No?

I thought the rhythm was one per second.

You must have learned your CPR long ago. The rate changed years ago, which is why it's a good idea to do refreshers. It's not even necessary to do breaths any more as they discovered the compressions do that as well.

do chest compressions at a rate of 100 to 120 a minute.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/first-aid/first-aid-cpr/basics/art-20056600

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, meechai said:

I do not know what folks were complaining about.

But, maybe some may find fault in both the girls & the rescue? workers methods?

The girl was pumping frantically which is correct 100-120 pumps per minute required,

But she should stop after 30 pumps & allow the worker with that manual resuscitator to add air.

Instead she pumped continuously.

It also looks like worker is trying to pump manual resuscitator 

while she is pumping where he should pump only when she paused which she did not seem to.

I am not sure if all these smaller rescue? vehicles are trained EMT's or just medical taxi's in a sense.

But they tried & that is more commendable than none trying at all.

Where is the VDO to see that? I can't find one in the OP or the link.

It's not necessary to ventilate any more if doing compressions, but certainly if one is ventilating the other should stop compressions while doing so.

13 hours ago, meechai said:

I do not know what folks were complaining about.

But, maybe some may find fault in both the girls & the rescue? workers methods?

The girl was pumping frantically which is correct 100-120 pumps per minute required,

But she should stop after 30 pumps & allow the worker with that manual resuscitator to add air.

Instead she pumped continuously.

It also looks like worker is trying to pump manual resuscitator 

while she is pumping where he should pump only when she paused which she did not seem to.

I am not sure if all these smaller rescue? vehicles are trained EMT's or just medical taxi's in a sense.

But they tried & that is more commendable than none trying at all.

Thanks to evadgib I saw the VDO and she did everything right, and if the haters noticed, she did it from the side once in the van.

I couldn't see from the VDO if the guy with the ambubag was using it or not, but he shouldn't have been if he was.

17 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You must have learned your CPR long ago. The rate changed years ago, which is why it's a good idea to do refreshers. It's not even necessary to do breaths any more as they discovered the compressions do that as well.

do chest compressions at a rate of 100 to 120 a minute.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/first-aid/first-aid-cpr/basics/art-20056600

So, now we know.

Thank you.

PS I have performed CPR twice over years. Both drownings. One was child who lived. Another an adult who did not.