First 1 year Extension (Non-Imn 'Marriage') - Overseas Marriage

I'm hoping someone can give some advice on the following queries:

I recently moved to Thailand on a Non Immigrant O visa (Basis married to a Thai national). The visa is valid for 90 days and will expire at the end of March.

I shall shortly apply for a one year extension. 

Now the complicated bit:

Our long standing marriage was registered overseas (Never registered in Thailand). This was not a problem when applying at the embassy for my visa but leads to my question:

Question 1. Do my wife and I have to register our overseas marriage here in Thailand or does our overseas marriage certificate suffice for the extension application?

I expect that I shall in any case have to provide a copy of the certificate of marriage that has been certified by the embassy of the country where we were married and a certified translation of the certificate.

You will need to register your foreign marriage at an Amphoe to obtain a Kor Ror 22 marriage registry that immigration requires to do the extension.

You marriage certificate will have to be legalized by your embassy, be translated to Thai and the translation certified by the Department of Consular Affairs of the MFA in Bangkok to do the registration.

31 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

One clarification. My wife and I were married in Signapore (not my home country), so I guess the legalization of our wedding certificate needs to be done at the Singapore Embassy, not my own nationalist embassy?

Yes it would need to done at the Singapore embassy. I suggest you contact them as soon as possible to find out their procedures for doing it. Some countries require it be done at a legalization office located there instead of the embassy.