Wow! What Hua Hin Expats think of Pattaya Expats

Inspire

1 hour ago, PremiumLane said:

then why do white immigrants who get those rights in other countries, get called expats, but others don't?

I thought you were talking about Thailand and do not really understand why this is an issue for you. But in the UK we talk of Polish immigrants They are white.  And the Russian emigre class was famous.  Australians refer to various immigrant groups who are white.  I think you are just bringing, false,  contentious and irrelevant SJW issues to the forum..Just shallow identitarian politics. 

48 minutes ago, The manic said:

I thought you were talking about Thailand and do not really understand why this is an issue for you. But in the UK we talk of Polish immigrants They are white.  And the Russian emigre class was famous.  Australians refer to various immigrant groups who are white.  I think you are just bringing, false,  contentious and irrelevant SJW issues to the forum..Just shallow identitarian politics. 

ahh the SJW bs buzzword argument... I am asking a question, why do middle class white Europeans get called expats and others don't?  And the Polish thing is right, why aren't they called expats when they go to the UK but we are happy to call ourselves expats if we settled in Poland? 

I am questioning identity politics not creating them... big difference

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 2/25/2018 at 9:23 AM, asiaexpat said:

Income is the biggest difference it would seem. But why is it that a Brit that has been in Thailand so long is not able to pronounce Pattaya correctly? 555555

It's also annoying how they say 'Wa Hin' instead of 'Hua Hin' .. isn't that difficult, especially after being here for a long while 

I can tell you what most of the rest of Thailand thinks of Hua Hin ex-pats. Most are between 60 and 99 years old, 75% of whom are from Scandinavian nations, are relatively affluent, and tend to mind their own business. They are not a rowdy crowd, but enjoy a good time. Generally, fairly please blokes.

Edited by spidermike007
  • Haha 1

I can tell you what most of the rest of Thailand thinks of Hua Hin ex-pats. Most are between 60 and 99 years old, 75% of whom are from Scandinavian nations, are relatively affluent, and tend to mind their own business. 

I'm in Hua Hin at the mo, bit like the film Cocoon.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Haha 1

Pattaya is a atrocious dump full of the very worst people from Thailand and all over the world. It's the filthiest, most dangerous place in Thailand. 

And, PLEASE stop with calling every Farang an EXPAT. You will not find many actual expats in Pattaya. What you will find are retirees and drifters. 

The expats are more likely to be in MUCH nicer places that your average random farang cannot afford. I'm talking 15M Baht seaside villas in Phuket, Koh Samui, Huahin, ect. 

• Like 1

On 11/22/2018 at 11:13 AM, spidermike007 said:

I can tell you what most of the rest of Thailand thinks of Hua Hin ex-pats. Most are between 60 and 99 years old, 75% of whom are from Scandinavian nations, are relatively affluent, and tend to mind their own business. They are not a rowdy crowd, but enjoy a good time. Generally, fairly please blokes.

Very true. I find Nordic guys to be among the most pleasant on average. Educated, not begging for money, clean, and often speak several languages. Very decent people. 

• Thanks 1

Pattaya is a atrocious dump full of the very worst people from Thailand and all over the world. It's the filthiest, most dangerous place in Thailand. 

And, PLEASE stop with calling every Farang an EXPAT. You will not find many actual expats in Pattaya. What you will find are retirees and drifters. 

The expats are more likely to be in MUCH nicer places that your average random farang cannot afford. I'm talking 15M Baht seaside villas in Phuket, Koh Samui, Huahin, ect. 
Imagine if Pattaya was full of people like you, truly awful
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
7 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

Imagine if Pattaya was full of people like you, truly awful

I was loads of fun 30 years ago. Winding down now. 

• Like 1

I thought when I left my one month stay in Chiang Mai that was it, I made it out of the most awful Boring tourist toilet in Thailand

And then... I went to Hua hin

I'm not religious but thank God there was a ferry to Pattaya

Hua hin is the original gods waiting room

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

went to pattaya once, won't be going back,ain't been to hua hin,went to cha am,that was okay as i found a place selling cider also cases of cider 24 cans ,500ml,Magners [i think] took a couple of cases home with me,not available where i live ,good value too worked out at 89 baht per can.

18 hours ago, roo860 said:

Covered in horse sh!t.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

They actually pick it up most of the time now. I was at a beach-side restaurant last week and saw all of the jockeys carrying plastic bags of horse crud with them. Besides, ground up vegetable matter isn't that bad... not a beach time necessity though 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...