Ryuka RA1 and RA1-S 200cc

Agusts

I saw these bikes in koh samui for sale for 66k.  Looked very nice,  the RA1 has cruise type handle bar,   but the other one has better shocks,  both same price.  The shop in Phuket that sells GPX,  stallion,  keeway and Ryuka infinity (125cc)  said they can also order this bike and service it,  also honor the warranty etc. 

I really liked the look of it and the price is not bad either,  there is a facebook page with Thai owners,  they are Chinese bikes but assembled here in Rayong, I'm told. 

This page in Thai has the spec,  though says price is 60k,  if you can get that...!!!  

http://www.checkraka.com/price/motorcycle-15-157/จงเซิน-Zongshen-RA1-Standard-ปี-2016-1446301/

But I talked to a farang owner of few years of this bike,  and he had nothing but negative stories about it,  avoid at all cost,  shame about these cheap Chinese bikes that can't even last a few years. General recommendation is an  old Honda Phantom is still better than these bikes,  less hassle and easier to maintain.... 

I have some photos I will upload later...

Different strokes for different folks. If your friend had one, how long ago ? Same Model ? Chinese bikes getting better and better.

My old Platinum - remember those ? - which was on sale in Pattaya for 17K - is still running. Speedo broke at less than 200 Km, but other than voltage regulator - Wave fit - it is still roaring around the village.

More than 10 years old now. And 66 K will not buy much in todays market except a scooter.

2 hours ago, Denim said:

Try looking at the new Kawasaki W175. Retro styling for 83,000 baht.

Saw one recently but seemed a bit small if you are bigger than a Thai. Nice build quality though.

I was trying to find a Kawasaki dealer in Phuket to see one of these and check it out,  they look nice. Even their old Estrella or now W250 is better with more power,  but that has silly prices ...

The next best thing in this category is Stallion 400, this bike has an awesome engine,  29HP, 4 valve and dual exhaust ports, with EFi , it's quite above these non-big name,  usual bike league, then again at 115k,  as they say , you get what you pay for... 

• Like 1

On 2/25/2018 at 11:21 PM, Agusts said:

General recommendation is an  old Honda Phantom is still better than these bikes,  less hassle and easier to maintain.... 

Especially the two-stroke version :cool: If one is into that kinda stuff.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I went to 88 bike in Phuket Town today, they still couldn't find the note about the price for Ryuka RA1 (cruiser), but one of them said about 56k, this is almost 10k less than quoted in Koh Samui, but I don't count on it being accurate. And she said it takes 2 months to order it... !

While I was there I sat on and tried seating position and the seat comfort of all their Chinese bikes, GPX, Legend, Stallion, Ryuka Infinity 125, GPX  Demon,150, 250, 400. I must say they were all terrible except one, their seat was so hard and I was not comfortable sitting in those position at all, maybe 1 hour max, and you have to get off for 1 hour to recover...!!!

But the only Stallion 400 that they had there was very comfy, seat soft and I think it also had a larger handle bar, so you sit very up right. That is something maybe I can get used to, but at 115k it's a bit pricey for a Chinese bike to use for for a few years and right it off (throw away after).... !

Also they said 3 years engine only warranty for all of them, anything else, breaks, electric, instrument, exhaust etc. nothing else is covered ....!?

I also went to Kawasaki in Phuket, they have larger engine bikes and W800 (nice looking bike), but no W175 (or W250). He said he has 18 W175 on order and you are looking at 2 months in the queue (at 86k baht all in). I couldn't believe it, is it that popular and Kawasaki can't get them in quick enough - although it could be just salesman bullomotion talking....