Video: Tourist has just two words (repeatedly) for cabby who won't turn on the meter

webfact

7 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Always make clear you want the meter used before you get in a taxi, if they won’t, don’t get in. 

Continuously opening the the doors open was a stupid, petulant act. 

Wonder who was filming? Seems like they knew what was going to happen. 

It stands that he´s girlfriend started filming.

if I were this taxi driver and a cocky farang would say "<deleted> you" to me - i would beat the shit out of him regardless on any repercussion.

but he thought "thais are polite, they tend to forgive. so I can get away with this"

the moral obligation of any decent man is to prove him how wrong he is.

in my whole life i never ever let anyone who said "<deleted> you" to me run away without repercussions. and I never regretted for punishing them

• Confused 4
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, DM07 said:

...and you like to defend the Taxi- driver (who is clearly in the wrong)  over the tourist!

1 we don't know well if he was right or wrong

2 even if the driver is 1000 times wrong, it does not give a right to offend him

but the driver was definitely wrong by letting farang get away with this.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Matt96 said:

if I were this taxi driver and a cocky farang would say "<deleted> you" to me - i would beat the shit out of him regardless on any repercussion.

but he thought "thais are polite, they tend to forgive. so I can get away with this"

the moral obligation of any decent man is to prove him how wrong he is.

in my whole life i never ever let anyone who said "<deleted> you" to me run away without repercussions. and I never regretted for punishing them

I take it that 96 refers to the year that you were born in .

Whilst I do agree that its wrong, abusive and unpleasant for someone to yell abuse at you , you just not let it upset you and just walk/drive away.

Some people may be annoyed , agitated or upset about something and become abusive towards you, even if it has nothing to do with you .

If someone is acting stupid , dont respond by acting stupid as well , be the bigger man and walk away

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Matt96 said:

1 we don't know well if he was right or wrong

2 even if the driver is 1000 times wrong, it does not give a right to offend him

but the driver was definitely wrong by letting farang get away with this.

If he doesn't turn on the meter (mind you: he is sitting in a taxi...meter...it sayeth so, on top of every taxi!), he is in the wrong!

But ..okay...you are right: all these good people don't deserve name- calling!

After all, they are wonderful Thais!

(...and no: I am not bashing! I met a bunch of good and friendly taxi- drivers ...and a great-a-bunch of a- holes, who deserve a loud and clear ...whatever he said!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, mvdf said:

ot even when you are wrong? You are a dangerous person who should be removed from the public domain, let alone be allowed to roam freely in Thailand or any other country for that matter.  

if i am wrong it does not mean that sombody get a right to offend me. brave enough to do this? face tough repercussions.

only those who want to offend people with impunity cant agree with this

• Sad 3

8 minutes ago, AsianAtHeart said:

It is wrong to believe that every slight should be returned in kind.

no. it's right.

want to offend somebody? get ready to pay. dont' want to pay? shut up.

9 minutes ago, AsianAtHeart said:

True greatness does not come from serving justice to every offender;

it comes exactly from here. Christianity with its idea of forgiveness was created to make slaves obey easily. that's why it was so popular among Roman nobility.

11 minutes ago, AsianAtHeart said:

compassionate of their needs and problems, sensitive to their circumstances,

he says "<deleted> you" and you say - be compassionate to him! may be he is in a bad mood!

I dont care of his feelings at all. he offended me therefore he will suffer.

the problem of modern wenst is that leftist lobbies force people to think too much about other poeple feelings

13 minutes ago, AsianAtHeart said:

Moreover, there is greater honor in defending someone else than in defending oneself,

this so called "honor" is just a manipulation. it's beneficial for the society to force(by manipulation) strong people to defend weak ones.

but it's not beneficial for those who are manipulated.