Highway of death for wildlife soon to close

webfact

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Authorities in 2008 balked at closing the highway, citing the inconvenience it would cause motorists, and decided instead to close off the section through the forest between 9pm and 5am daily.

Motorists have voices and animals do not, so that decision was probably made without problems.

Nobody is going to stick up for some animals and risk their jobs, unless something as dramatic as this happens (including video).

25 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

Good move, and after this maybe look at the highways that cause human deaths in even greater numbers!

No need to close highways, just get the BIB off their collective fat arse's to do some proactive law enforcement similar to what the civilised world do as a means to reduce the road kill.

Edited by Artisi

2 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

Good General "Tick Tock' Prawit has just earned himself a bucket load of brownie points for this act. Let us hope the new by-pass is soon ready.ผลการค้นหารูปภาพสำหรับ prawit

That's tick tick, ting tong....

15 minutes ago, TerryLH said:
1 hour ago, PatOngo said:

Good move, and after this maybe look at the highways that cause human deaths in even greater numbers!

Greater than 14,000 a year?  I doubt any such road / highways exists.

I think his comment was valid as he said "highways".

https://asiancorrespondent.com/2015/03/thailand-road-deaths/#T1WdZtAlR5OkvrU7.97

'80 lives lost every day: Why are Thailand’s roads so dangerous?'

• Like 1

Been down this road a few times.Its reasonably wide and very straight.There are signs up warning of widelife crossing road.Very little traffic when I've used it saw a few monkeys near the road in a few places and one dead one at the road edge.I think there was a low speed limit on a stretch that more animals are likely to be crossing.Very boring road no features at all no loss if it's closed.Good for what's left of Thailands wildlife.