10m Baht Investment Visa

10m Baht Investment Visa

Sorry Potter, but there is no such a visa. :o

The old "3m bahts" has been suppressed and nor replaced by anything else :D

Pattaya46

And what about the ones who have the 3m Thb visa already, do they will be grandfathered and can renew it as I readed in an old post?

10m Baht Investment Visa

Pattaya46

And what about the ones who have the 3m Thb visa already, do they will be grandfathered and can renew it as I readed in an old post?

Foreigners holding the extension of stay based on investment prior to Oct 1st 2006 are exempt and can extend.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

• 2 weeks later...
10m Baht Investment Visa

Pattaya46

Foreigners holding the extension of stay based on investment prior to Oct 1st 2006 are exempt and can extend.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Dear fellow members

I am a new member here and before posting this questions I spent more than 10hours in the internet with the research and reading posts and faq's.

I am facing a similar situation: I am 45, NOT married with a Thai, not retired, but would like to live in Thailand.

As far as I can see from the Order 606_2549, chapter 7.17, of the Immigration office the specified amount for a monthly income minimum of B40k applies "only" if married to a Thai.

What options do I have?

The interests of the bonds (other assets such as fiduciary deposits and stocks available but I did not consider them as a reliable income source; deposited in a German bank) have a far higher (annualized) return than the monthly B40k or annual B480k!

Option 1: marry a Thai. Do the officials accept the funds being deposited abroad? Of course I would provide the banking documentation and an official translation of these documents by the respective Thai consulate.

Which other options does the immigration law foresee?

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Best regards,

Robert

10m Baht Investment Visa

Pattaya46

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Dear fellow members

I am a new member here and before posting this questions I spent more than 10hours in the internet with the research and reading posts and faq's.

I am facing a similar situation: I am 45, NOT married with a Thai, not retired, but would like to live in Thailand.

As far as I can see from the Order 606_2549, chapter 7.17, of the Immigration office the specified amount for a monthly income minimum of B40k applies "only" if married to a Thai.

What options do I have?

The interests of the bonds (other assets such as fiduciary deposits and stocks available but I did not consider them as a reliable income source; deposited in a German bank) have a far higher (annualized) return than the monthly B40k or annual B480k!

Option 1: marry a Thai. Do the officials accept the funds being deposited abroad? Of course I would provide the banking documentation and an official translation of these documents by the respective Thai consulate.

Which other options does the immigration law foresee?

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Best regards,

Robert

The income must come from a pension, income from a job or interest from the funds in the bank. Having funds by itself, will not get you the extension of stay based on marriage.

As you stated, these funds will show this type of income. They can remain overseas.

Immigration is checking to see if a person married for a visa or they really are in love and living together.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Originally, it was the 10-million Baht investment visa. After the economic crash in 1997, the government at that time reduced the requirement to 3 million Baht.

I went to check if the investment visa was written into the Immigration Act and found that it is not. Therefore, it could be abolished with a stroke of the pen, i.e. simply by omitting it from the new rules issued by the Royal Thai Police Headquarters. C’est la bloody vie (English translation: that’s how the cookie crumbles)

--

Maestro