War against illegal workers in South Korea starts at Thai airports, says Thai media

webfact

War against illegal workers in South Korea starts at Thai airports, says Thai media

6pm.jpg

Pictures: TNews

Thai media has reported that the war against Thai people going to work illegally in South Korea is taking place before hopeful workers have even stepped on the plane.

TNews said that profiling has meant that many people are stopped at Suvarnabhumi and even Don Muang airport by employment department officials.

One such case reached Facebook under the name of Songsai Thapranee that showed a Thai official making off with a young man's passport at a terminal.

TNews said that officials were particularly targeting people from the North and North East who had never traveled before.

Often they were not on group tours but traveling alone.

It has been reported in the last year that tens of thousands of Thais are working illegally in South Korea.

Many go on holiday alone or on group tours but their sole purpose is to take jobs in the wealthy country.

The Thai authorities are coming under increasing pressure to stop people travelling in the first place whose intention is to work in the country.

Source: Tnews

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-02-27

4 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Well, if they can't find a decent job here, what are they supposed to do?  

China is more apt due to their similarities, namely corruption ,poor driving skills and Me first attitude. Koreans work from 8am to 12am AND over the weekends. Do you seriously Thais could barely come to work on time, sober ?

18 hours ago, kolkolkol said:

China is more apt due to their similarities, namely corruption ,poor driving skills and Me first attitude. Koreans work from 8am to 12am AND over the weekends. Do you seriously Thais could barely come to work on time, sober ?

Yes.

My BIL and his wife have been there 2 years now. Employer pays well, good accomodation, they work hard and it is appreciated by their boss. We look after their 2 kids. They SAVE more in two months than what they would EARN in one year here.

A “Tom” (she thinks she’s a he) went to Korea on tourist visa to work. 

Got there and they gave her Man work to do. She said I’m not a man. They said you look like man work like man. She came back to Thailand.