Recommend contractor for condo refurbishment?

banagan

15 hours ago, NancyL said:

Ask around the condo for contractor who have done this job for other residents.  Often the condo office can recommend contractors.

It's not advisable. Usually the condo manager gets some commission and they recommend their friends. Conflict of interest.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EricTh said:

It's not advisable. Usually the condo manager gets some commission and they recommend their friends. Conflict of interest.

Yes, but they not going to recommend someone who does substandard work because they want to keep their job as a condo mgr.  We routinely ask the condo office to arrange for service companies when we need work done.

Also contractors who have worked in the building before know the quirks of the building and rules about times they can work, etc.

• Like 1

On 2/28/2018 at 2:07 PM, NancyL said:

Yes, but they not going to recommend someone who does substandard work because they want to keep their job as a condo mgr.  We routinely ask the condo office to arrange for service companies when we need work done.

Also contractors who have worked in the building before know the quirks of the building and rules about times they can work, etc.

You;ll be surprised. There are many substandard work in my neighbourhood.

When I complained to the manager, they couldnt be bothered to solve my problem.