PM orders setting up of panel to follow up cases of criminals that have fled Kingdom

snoop1130

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The government therefore needs to explain to the public about any obstacles that stand in the way of the authorities pursuing legal action,

Does incompetence count as an obstacle? Because short of a top-down clear out, that would be an insurmountable one.

• Like 2

image.png.6301954beb5476c0de57fbc2a3b11973.png

Who's a pretty boy, then? Ughhh! This 'man' is so vain that he really does make me want to slap him . . . hard. And, to think he was the very top dog in the army, less than 4yrs ago . . . what would the lower ranks be thinking if they were to be confronted with this puppet, on the parade ground? They'd be in stitches . . . rioting, even, as they fought for a piece of his blouse.

Trying hard to stay on-topic, though, I wanted to point out that this new panel is one of the many quangos that P1 has set-up, consisting mostly of army and the odd family member who, he feels he can rely on to come up with the 'right' findings. Looking back, over the past year or two, we've had:-      (to the tune of Old McDonald had a farm)

Committee-mitty here, committee-mitty there,

Here's a mob, there's a mob, everywhere a mob-mob,

Old man Prayut sets them up,

Eeay, eeay, yo!

On Tuesday, he'd had this tip,

Eeay, eeay, yo,

Lots of bad folk jumping ship,

Where the hell they go?

With a he's gone there and she's gone where?

It's gettin' so bad I'm losing my hair,

Let's send this panel EVERYWHERE . . . and a big finish, here, please

Watch this panel GO!

Well, at least that's the idea . . . truth is, these committees and panels seem to disappear into thin air, once they've been pushed out to sea in a blaze of glory . . . that's the last anyone hears of them. Meanwhile, Pretty-boy, orders another blouse and his smug smirk gets wider. Someone or something needs to stop this bounder before he does lasting damage to what once was the very proud Kingdom of Siam. When you stop to think about it, things have been on the downhill slide ever since the name change. Thinks: How does 'Sainess' sound? . . . no, no better, I'm afraid.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, colinneil said:

After reading this an old saying comes to mind....all wind and p++s.

Indeed my grandmother used this old saying often .... Like a barbers cat all P!$$ and Wind... Not sure what the barber's cat had to do with it? Another was .... He's a merchant banker.... 

• Haha 2

"..................assigned the Foreign Ministry to proceed with the committee’s establishment. Other concerned agencies, including the Department of Special Investigation, the Royal Thai Police and the Attorney General Office, will have to inform the public from time to time about how they have proceeded "

Sounds like they're going to have to set up a committee to see who sits on the committee!

Edited by sambum
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, 1duckyboy said:

How about preventing fugitives from fleeing overseas so a committee doesn't have to make excuses as to why fleeing is so successful. Oops, I forgot where we are. 

I must gently remind you that it is a "panel" not a "committee"...committees are sooo yesterday..

Every day,in every way,progress is being made in the kingdom in the clouds.

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Odysseus123 said:

I must gently remind you that it is a "panel" not a "committee"...committees are sooo yesterday..

Every day,in every way,progress is being made in the kingdom in the clouds.

Seems like "every day in every way" they still can't make their mind up! :-

From the headline of the article:-  "PM orders setting up of panel to follow up cases of criminals that have fled Kingdom"

From the text of the article:- "The PM did not mention any names, but assigned the Foreign Ministry to proceed with the committee’s establishment." 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, sambum said:

Seems like "every day in every way" they still can't make their mind up! :-

From the headline of the article:-  "PM orders setting up of panel to follow up cases of criminals that have fled Kingdom"

From the text of the article:- "The PM did not mention any names, but assigned the Foreign Ministry to proceed with the committee’s establishment." 

Ah,Sambun-you have got me there...

Perhaps we have caught them in the  very act of transitioning where,no doubt,there is bound to be confusion.

Nevertheless, it is perfectly obvious that :"panelling" is the way to go in the 21st century.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

Perhaps we have caught them in the  very act of transitioning where,no doubt,there is bound to be confusion.

Nevertheless, it is perfectly obvious that :"panelling" is the way to go in the 21st century.

Panelling . . . that's oak-ay with me. Did a full room with the stuff, once, and had to make a sign for the door . . . Transitioning Committee.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

Talking of confusion, just to confuse our little tete a tete a little more, in my neck of the  woods back in the UK, "on the panel" means to be signed off work sick by your doctor! 

So in the case of the panel mentioned in the headline, possible qualifications to be a member may include a recommendation from his/her doctor to verify that they are capable of doing an impossible job?

Edited by sambum
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, sambum said:

Talking of confusion, just to confuse our little tete a tete a little more, in my neck of the  woods back in the UK, "on the panel" means to be signed off work sick by your doctor! 

So in the case of the panel mentioned in the headline, possible qualifications to be a member may include a recommendation from his/her doctor to verify that they are capable of doing an impossible job?

In my country being on a panel usually implies some sort of expertise as to whatever matter may be being addressed.

I think that we may safely conclude that in the kingdom of the clouds neither capacity or expertise is really necessary for one to become "empanelled." for life..

• Like 1

On 01/03/2018 at 5:43 PM, Odysseus123 said:

In my country being on a panel usually implies some sort of expertise as to whatever matter may be being addressed.

I think that we may safely conclude that in the kingdom of the clouds neither capacity or expertise is really necessary for one to become "empanelled." for life..

Being on a panel here means,

You can wai properly

Coffee and biscuits mid mornng and afternoon is OK

Long lunch hours are acceptable 

You can agree with any senior persons idea easily

You don't ask difficult questions

Near enough to correct outcome is acceptable

You are available after 0930 and before 1530 

There are also a long list  of less difficult requirements well known to all Thai but tend to allude all foreigners

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Being on a panel here means,

You can wai properly

Coffee and biscuits mid mornng and afternoon is OK

Long lunch hours are acceptable 

You can agree with any senior persons idea easily

You don't ask difficult questions

Near enough to correct outcome is acceptable

You are available after 0930 and before 1530 

There are also a long list  of less difficult requirements well known to all Thai but tend to allude all foreigners

You forget the state (expenses)subsidized "Love" hotels on the perimeter of a conurbation larger than a town and smaller than a city..

"Oh!You ladies of lubricity who dwell in the fine bordello..

With a ha ha ha..and a hee..hee hee,,

For I am a very fine fellow.."

• Like 1

On 3/1/2018 at 5:43 PM, Odysseus123 said:

Not nit-picking, but  "on the panel" means to be signed off work sick by your doctor! "

On a panel  - the same as your country.

6 minutes ago, sambum said:

Not nit-picking, but  "on the panel" means to be signed off work sick by your doctor! "

On a panel  - the same as your country.

I hope that you aren't nit-picking because if you are it would spoil my image of you as a calm,pipe smoking Cambridge academic,..and  that would be 'orrible..

In my country there ain't no such thing as a  medical panel....

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Like 1