Arsenal

MiG16

What a stupid story.

Take a few photos near the end of a game when everyone's rushed to join the queue for the tube, and then write a load of claptrap based on some quotes from Tim Payton.

We have a working ticket exchange, with minimal fees. End of.

:coffee1:

Edited by Chicog

The shooting boots weren't on last night, but Oxtail Chamberpot stuck away two of his chances and it was a good run out for the youngsters.

Perez went off injured, and Akpom is out until the New Year with a stress fracture in his back.

You can tell Nasty November is round the corner.

Southampton at home in the Quarter finals.

I seem to remember them knocking us out of one of the cups last season, so we'll have to be on our toes.

Liverpool vs Leeds

Manchester United vs West Ham

Hull vs Newcastle

Arsenal vs Southampton

Fixtures will be played on the week commencing November 28.

Trying to be the architects of our own downfall there. Played in 3rd gear until they scored, although it should have been 2-0 but for woeful Atkinson refereeing, and it shouldn't have been a penalty anyway because Kos was always getting the ball.

But this stung us to up it into second gear, which was enough to wipe the floor with a Sunderland side who surely will be under new management soon.

Ollie scored with his first two touches.

Right result, but I'd rather we took it more seriously against these grim sides, away or not.

Can sit back and watch the rest trying to earn it now.

Three peachy goals and somehow I missed the fourth in my attempts to combine watching the game with a very lame road test of the nightlife in Meuang Chanthaburi.

One lovely goal from Chamberpot to Sanchez, which had me leaping up, screaming and clapping to the amused embarrassment of regular punters. Thereafter we still looked lacking in the cut and thrust department - missing a decent centerforward - then right on-cue a 'this cannot be happening (again)' event and staring at dropping points to a club that can't pick them up for ex-toffees. Welcome back Giroud - God how we missed you - you may not be a Suarez/Ronaldo or even a Higuain/Benzema but you'll do for us when linked with our usual complement of midfield invention and guile in the build-up.

Back to the Chanthaburi experience. I did my research on Google - Google's response might as well have said "repent-ye all who enter here". Saturday night and I was in, what research had signalled as being, the entertainment zone. Best I can say is it was early (had limped back to wifey by 9:30pm, happy with the football result but little else. Best I can say is it is still King-mourning period. Worst I can say is switch off yer testosterone button guys - there's no-one home . Saw the first half in a very nice coffee bar/restaurant/bar that had the best selection of western bottled beers I have seen outside Meuang Sisaket (yes - really!) so bouquets to that, but thereafter - le deluge - second half in a big beer bar with loads of screens and bored little girls and boys dressed from head to toe in black denim, but no other customers. Looked up a beer garden-type restaurant that reputedly had a sports TV, but it was shut. Finally looked into the celebrated pinnacle of Chantaburi nightlife and found it to be a boring barn of a place that was infinitely less interesting than the local farmers disco barn in my Isaan shitkicker amphur town of 5,000 souls.

I should have expected this result when my smart/educated/loar 25 year old Thai nephew-in-law expressed significant interest in accompanying this pensioned falang on a bar-cum football crawl of his usual haunts - in a manner which suggested that perhaps I could unlock something that 10 years of his valiant attempts had foundered upon

I'm waiting for the cries from local falang that I've got it all wrong and the action is there but buried. Fine - show me next time! My local regional capital of Ubon has buried treasure - but there is treasure of sorts believe me

Don't get me wrong - Chanthaburi (town and province) is a charming and lovely place to visit for a family holiday. Love the place in all other respects. But it is another paralllel universe to life-in-Thailand-as-we-know-it, when it comes to life after 7pm! 

For the benefit of future EPL-loving visitors the entertainment zone is south of the small lake bordering the north side of Thanon Chalep Road*. The venues referenced above are "Coffee is Nice Until It's Beer Time" (or something similar also styled "Garage Cafe"), "RADS Bar", "Craze House" and "Orbit Pub". As best as I can determine Meuang Chanthaburi has no beer bars in the hostess/interested-in-falang sense, no falang bars, no soapies and no obvious happy-end massage parlours. 

*Football can be watched with the sound down in the first two mentioned - the first is single screen good quality and the second is multi screen average quality. I suspect you could also watch with sound up (in a reserved ambience) in KP Grand Hotel lobby bar, which was my unused fall back. It's massage place looks a bit like it may be one of the few places that it is not all herbal balls too!

Clean Living Rocks! But ... Take Me Home; Country Road; To The Place Where I Belong  (to Isaan)

[Search strings:

football on TV nightlife Chanthaburi Chantaburi ]

Edited by SantiSuk

Brilliant goal from Ozil to seal the win and qualification.

I hope Wenger doesn't go tinkering now against PSG, like I said even a 0-0 and it's in our hands to win the group.

Rambo looked like he was back to his best.

Jenkinson was a bit like a rabbit in headlights, but it's been a long time since he's played in the Champions League.

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

So you Arsenal fans, what's your personal opinion of Özil. I think he's class, love watching him. Chicogs favourite, the Guardian, is making faint comparisons with Bergkamp. So...

Comparisons to Bergkamp......really!!  Just how faint can that be not to sound ridiculous?

2 hours ago, carmine said:

Comparisons to Bergkamp......really!!  Just how faint can that be not to sound ridiculous?

While he's not the scorer that Bergkamp was, the comparison is valid. His passing and movement are exceptional, and like Dennis he has a magical touch.

Let's face it, the tiny totts don't have anyone near that class. Which is probably why you're so sulky.

:smile: