Arsenal

MiG16

Ok Smokie i wil bite...why will we be worse?

Vidic back w00t.gif

Kagawaclap2.gif

Powell coffee1.gif

a few youngsters with more experience!

Smalling wai.gif

Joneslaugh.png

Cleverlytongue.png

Hernandez biggrin.png

Wellbecksmile.png

De gea wink.png

And you can add maybe a couple of signings to be announced in July tongue.png

Smilys work

• Like 1

Yes Speculation with grounds wink.png

Giroud and Podolski i don't think have signed to sit on the bench do you?

If Arsenal do indeed sign another two strikers do you think RVP will be staying Yermanee? coffee1.gif

For years Wenger has been ridiculed by the media for not splashing the cash.

Now that he does guess what.

I'm not one for wild speculations, and as I said earlier, if RVP leaves then good luck to him and hopefully at a nice financial gain for the club.

The Arsenal is the club that I chose to support and I do mean club.

Yermaneewai.gif

Vidic back w00t.gif

Kagawaclap2.gif

Powell coffee1.gif

Smalling wai.gif

Joneslaugh.png

Cleverlytongue.png

Hernandez biggrin.png

Wellbecksmile.png

De gea wink.png

Smilys work

No mention then of the old un's who will be 1 yr older, Carrick, Giggs,Ferdinand,SCholes and do you think Powell is going to be anywhere near the first teamj if so then you really are clutching at straws,

Footnote : Modric is now 35m i'm afraid 3.gif

Podolski was bought out of cash that should have been left over from last summer's net transfers, by the way.

We clearly need another strong central defender. It is no surprise that the only ones in Arsenal's back four who can claim an automatic international place are Vermaelen and Sagna. Mertesacker was a mistake and should be moved on. Koscielny is improving fast, but is still liable to panic when under pressure. I agree entirely with Smokie about Arsene's blind spot about defence. AW forgets how the great attacking teams of Arsenal's history (and most other great teams) have been built on the foundations of rock-solid defence; Barca is the exception that does not prove the rule and even they have a better defence than Arsenal. It's the reason why we will not advance under Arsene IMO, who miraculously has just done enough each of the last many trophyless seasons to keep himself in a job.

Looking at the attack, in my book Podolski replaces Gervinho, who becomes a squad player or leaves. Podolski's not quite the classic left winger but for Germany he's been playing very effectively quite a lot wider than inside left (in old money).

Another way of saying that I'm not convinced that Arsene knows that vanP is going, but maybe its just wishful thinking a la Spurs with Modric and Bale. Can't say I'm comfortable with the idea until we see how Giroud responds in the EPL. I have seen not one second of his play so cannot judge at all. As for Theo saying he will go if my mate Robin goes - grow up sunshine!

Mr Bo - what will City do with vanP if their interest is real. Rotate him with Bagatelli? And no we don't want Dzeko (I hope). A solid guy, but he's been spoiled by the sweet money as a transfer prospect. Spurs will have him on loan - actually that could be not a bad deal Smokes. [sorry for raising it if I'm behind the times and he has aready gone to Shaktar, Turkey or Chinabiggrin.png ]

Edited by SantiSuk

First home game for stoke

Lets all do the wenger,everybody throwing their arms up,so funny,it was brilliant.He is going to get it worse this season hehehehehehehehe.

1-0 to the rugby team,

You can always add in one arm going down for throwing the water bottle, sort of dance i suppose, not unlike this pen.gifpen.gifpen.gif

You forgot Evra and Nani,Valencia Young Rooney Park Anderson....anyone else we missed cheesy.gif

Sorry are they classified as youngsters or old un's 40.gif

What ever you like Alfie!......do you want to dance?

Bendtner strongly linked with a move to Benfica from Arsenal. Yes folks he is still on our books.

Benfica are reportedly impressed with his performances in the Euros. Sshhh - dont tell them he has always been good for Denmark - one of those rare creatures whoi is better for his nation than his club. Cr@p for us and not much better for Sunderland when on loan last year.

This being Portugal, better insist on cash Arsene, no funny deferred notes in euros!

alfieconn, on Yesterday, 17:40 , said:

Sorry are they classified as youngsters or old un's 40.gif

What ever you like Alfie!......do you want to dance?

Wearing the tight leather chaps and sporting your handlebar moustache again tonight mate? :)

Kindly take your lurid fantasies away from our thread you spuds.

Potential new boy Giroud missed a sitter for France which could have put them back into the road to tops spot in the Group.

Oxlade-Chamberlain had a golden opportunity to run away from a shattered Ukrainian defender and seemed not to know what to do. Far too early to be taking 18 year olds to major tournaments.

Time to assess the performance of the Arsenal squad in the group stages of the Euros:

Biggest disappointment award - RvP

Biggest delight award - Theo against Sweden (but did nowt, almost literally for 15 mins or so yesterday)

Welcome newbie award - Podolski has looked solid to dangerous coming in from the left and scored Germany's important first goal

Woops newbie award - Giroud missed an absolute sitter of a header that could have changed Frances's (and England's) prospects with 15 minutes to go

Undercooked award - it looks too early to be taking Ox Cha on tournaments. Unimpressive, but Roy is clearly seeing something good in training. Maybe one more chance against Italy

Thanks for the memory award - joint trophy to Bendtner and Arshavin, who proved they still have something of value to offer, although the value in this case as far as Arsenal are concerend will be the (hopefully enhanced) transfer out fee.

Honourable mention - Rosicky; Captained one full game before injury and Czechs got killed by Russia. But Rosicky was their sole shining light. Let's hope he gets fit quick

No shows - Koscielny and Mertesacker - K might yet get some game time for Les Bleus as Mexes was crap and received a 2nd yellow anyway, but M must be way down Germany's pecking order.

Bufoon of the tournament - gobby Sczesny. Only managed a coupla seconds in Poland's goal before hauling down an opponent and ending his tournament and his country's hopes in that game. His tweets have been strangely silent for once. I'm afraid I found it hard to stifle a laugh, knowing how full of himself he is!

Edited by SantiSuk

Question for Gooners:

Which player(s) do you think will playbetter this next season ? Which player/s do you want to see play better ?

14. Walcott

23. Arshavin

27. Gervinho

29. Chamakh

52. Bendtner

Strange questions 40.gif but i'll answer them anyway 4.gif

A. Well none of them could play any worse than last season

B. All of them

Footnote :devillish, shouldn't you be at school instead of posting on here !

Edited by alfieconn

Question for Gooners:

Which player(s) do you think will playbetter this next season ? Which player/s do you want to see play better ?

14. Walcott

23. Arshavin

27. Gervinho

29. Chamakh

52. Bendtner

Strange questions [i'mg]http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/40.gif[/img] but i'll answer them anyway 4.gif

B. All of them

:lol:

Question for Gooners:

14. Walcott

23. Arshavin

27. Gervinho

29. Chamakh

52. Bendtner

Strange questions [i'mg]http://l.yimg.com/us...oticons7/40.gif[/img] but i'll answer them anyway 4.gif

B. All of them

Since when were you a Gooner Alfie??

Right answer, anyway laugh.png

I would like to add Carlos Vela and Denilsson to the list. Yes, it's amazing what stuff there is out there still on our books. Is there no end to the 'just-not-quite-good-enough' players that Wenger has signed in recent years and then had to hide away on loan (no buyers) so that the average Gooner can still feel good about him*. He really is the most over-rated manager in the EPL.

Perhaps all our stock-piled loanees could be offered as a ready-made team to Team 12 in the SPL. whistling.gif

On a brighter note (I hope - haven't seen him play other than a few minutes as sub in two Euro games) the purchase of Giroud has gone official on Arsenal.com.welcomeani.gif

On a darker note - anybody seen vanP? I can't find him anywhere (on the internet) since the Eurossad.png

*Just a slight contrast to his claim, reported in The Express today, that he "find(s) all the best players and then Man City and Barca steal them". I have significant reservations as to Arsene's ability to pick the correct verbs sometimes.

Great post Mig. I think we can safely say he is very comfortable with both his feet! Let's hope he can ride the pressure of facing the best defences of any League in the world.

• Like 1

Question for Gooners:

14. Walcott

23. Arshavin

27. Gervinho

29. Chamakh

52. Bendtner

Strange questions 40.gif but i'll answer them anyway 4.gif

B. All of them

Yeah, i guess I agree w/ your answer, too. smile.png Yeah, I should be at school, actually; but, classes haven't started.

Vidic back w00t.gif

Kagawaclap2.gif

Powell coffee1.gif

Smalling wai.gif

Joneslaugh.png

Cleverlytongue.png

Hernandez biggrin.png

Wellbecksmile.png

De gea wink.png

Smilys work

You forgot to add Scholsey to the youngsters list laugh.png

Jack Wilshere will not be ready until September, presumably end-of and probably much later, knowing our record of predicting come-back dates. Starting without him and Sagna is a bit of a blow.

Jack Wilshere will not be ready until September, presumably end-of and probably much later, knowing our record of predicting come-back dates. Starting without him and Sagna is a bit of a blow.

Have you read our thread today Santi....go on...its much more positive over there. biggrin.png

Have you read our thread today Santi....go on...its much more positive over there. biggrin.png

Yes - and I noticed that your buddies have temporarily stopped beating the cr@p out of each otherbiggrin.png . I'm enjoying watching your headmasterly performances. Definite moderator material.

Edited by SantiSuk

Yes - and I noticed that your buddies have temporarily stopped beating the cr@p out of each otherbiggrin.png . I'm enjoying watching your headmasterly performances. Definite moderator material.

They don't listen though Santi...I don't think teaching's my thing. :D