Arsenal

MiG16

No hiding place for Wenger at the AGM tomorrow. I wonder what owner-Stan thought of his prudently-crafted asset last night and his manager with such a wonderful record (about a decade ago).

I was praying for a draw when I saw the team sheet, as clearly was the management, playing a lone non-striker up front, crowding the back of midfield (Ramsey, Coquelin and Arteta all played there) and fielding a donkey at left back. After about 30 minutes there was no doubt who the winner was going to be. Cant understand Bould doing nothing about Santosser at half time - hes Championship class at best, always has been. I assume Koscielny cant have been fit or that there was concern that Vermaelen wasnt going to last.

I havent seen a decent shot on goal in 180 minutes - worrying times.

Twittering Spuds - typical no-class gloating yet againlaugh.png.

Edited by SantiSuk

No hiding place for Wenger at the AGM tomorrow. I wonder what owner-Stan thought of his prudently-crafted asset last night and his manager with such a wonderful record (about a decade ago).

I was praying for a draw when I saw the team sheet, as clearly was the management, playing a lone non-striker up front, crowding the back of midfield (Ramsey, Coquelin and Arteta all played there) and fielding a donkey at left back. After about 30 minutes there was no doubt who the winner was going to be. Cant understand Bould doing nothing about Santosser at half time - hes Championship class at best, always has been. I assume Koscielny cant have been fit or that there was concern that Vermaelen wasnt going to last.

You were crap Santi......give us some better material to work with and we'll really go to town! biggrin.png

Yes, two defeats in a row is relegation form, isn't it? Should we blame it on the chef like the pub team up the road once famously did?

biggrin.png

Its no excuse to blame woes on injuries since all top flight teams need to be able to win games with at least a handful of first choice players out, but it will be more comfortable if we can get some of the following back. Comments are from Arsenal web-site ex a Wenger interview last Friday:

Sczesny - two weeks away

Gibbs - little chance to be ready for (Schalke) and a bigger chance for QPR

Koscielny - out for tomorrow's (West Ham) game: as we saw, he was on the bench last night

Fabianski - out for 3 more months

Sagna - working his way back to first team fitness in the Reserves

Frimpong - working his way back to first team fitness in the Reserves

Diaby - a few weeks away

Rosicky - a few weeks away (how many is a few?)

Wilshere - expected to be brought on as a sub on Saturday

Walcott - has a chance to be involved again against QPR (interesting choice of words Arsene - does that mean you will sulk and sit him on the sidelines for much of the match just in case he won't sign up*)

Ox - unspecified - Wenger simply said on Tuesday 'he will not be back for Schalke'

You could make a pretty decent Premier League team out of that 11 (Fabianski at stand-in Centre Back!). Feeling less morose by the minute.

* I'm out of date - has he signed up while I wasn't looking on my sojourn back to the UK or is it still undecided - ie he goes in the New Year?

Wenger must be checking the Eurotunnel website and considering a cheap Apex deal for Xmas! smile.png

That is quite amusing. While he has been manager, the pub team up the road have gone through 14. Perhaps some kind of group deal would be in order?

biggrin.png

Of course....you lot love to wallow in swill for decades after winning a trophy.

Carry on! smile.png

Decades? From the team that last won the league before colour TV was invented, Man landed on the moon, etc.?

Bless you tiny totts, you always make be feel better when we aren't playing well.

50 years in our shadow and still counting.

What is your song? "We won the league... we won the league... we won the league in Black and White...."

cheesy.gif

(Just in case there are any poor, abused tiny tott kids reading, Arsenal have won the league at <deleted> Fart Lane more than the incumbent pub team have).

Edited by Chicog

Nice to see a little bit of North London culture turn up on the thread!

3 points is 3 points. Wilshere played well and Sagna was again outstanding on return from injury. I think I'll give up watching football when Wenger sells Sagna (why does he insist on buying frog speakers? They never repay him in loyalty). Arshavin for once looked like there may still be something there.

The rest, the less said the better, with Cazorla and Podolski being disappointing and still not enough getting through to Giroud. Lucky win, but upwards and onwards in the hope that the front of the machine can re-find some goal-scoring touches in future.

3 points is 3 points. Wilshere played well and Sagna was again outstanding on return from injury. I think I'll give up watching football when Wenger sells Sagna (why does he insist on buying frog speakers? They never repay him in loyalty). Arshavin for once looked like there may still be something there.

The rest, the less said the better, with Cazorla and Podolski being disappointing and still not enough getting through to Giroud. Lucky win, but upwards and onwards in the hope that the front of the machine can re-find some goal-scoring touches in future.

They have looked flat and slow for three matches now. Stick the reserves out midweek, it's a shitty trophy the likes of the tiny totts can take seriously, I don't give a flying <deleted> about the Crapital Cup. I want Oxtail-Chamberpot back fit on one wing, with Walcott on the other side. I'm fed up with this 4-5-1 shit at home, put Podolski and Giroud up front and Wilshere and Arteta in midfield and let's have a proper <deleted> pop at teams.

4-5-1 at home is for when you're depending on Van Persie to score all your goals, it doesn't work with this team. And it's not as if we're getting overrun in midfield, unless we play like we're pulling caravans (as we have since the West Ham game).

If we don't up our game, we can expect to lose the next two away fixtures. Perhaps we need one of those Redknapp-style "Birds 'n' Booze" Dubai breaks.

biggrin.png

They have looked flat and slow for three matches now. Stick the reserves out midweek, it's a shitty trophy the likes of the tiny totts can take seriously, I don't give a flying <deleted> about the Crapital Cup. I want Oxtail-Chamberpot back fit on one wing, with Walcott on the other side. I'm fed up with this 4-5-1 shit at home, put Podolski and Giroud up front and Wilshere and Arteta in midfield and let's have a proper <deleted> pop at teams.

4-5-1 at home is for when you're depending on Van Persie to score all your goals, it doesn't work with this team. And it's not as if we're getting overrun in midfield, unless we play like we're pulling caravans (as we have since the West Ham game).

If we don't up our game, we can expect to lose the next two away fixtures. Perhaps we need one of those Redknapp-style "Birds 'n' Booze" Dubai breaks.

biggrin.png

Baring in mind how long its been since you lot won anything perhaps you should take these "shitty' little trophies more seriously. Just saying.....

Hold on a moment...you do now don't you!

Edited by carmine

rolleyes, mutter, grumble (mostly @ carmine whistling.gif)

ohh, by the way, not the best win, but still managed to sneak in a win. phew!

A win is a win as they say and we'll all get a lucky one like that migsy. No complaints on my part although i did feel sorry for Mark Hughes. They played really well, his jobs on the line and they deserved a point at the least.

Its a funny old game!

• Like 1

Wenger clearly agrees with you (and me) Chicog about the irrelevance of the pesky (insert latest sponsor name) Cup.

Only four players that would normally stand a chance of starting for the Gunners are in the 18 man squad. Lets name this the "deadbeats last stand" tie (Djouro, Arshavin, Chamakh, Squillaci). I find Wenger's recent born-again enthusiasm for Arshavin merely further confirmation that a deal has already been done for Walcott to fly North for winter.

I'm very surprised he has not included one of the recognised midfielders in there to add the off-the-bench option of some glue. I would imagine that Reading will take the tie pretty seriously. I won't be hurting if we go out.

I'm interested to see how it goes with lots of youngsters and hoping that it appears on Thai TV in an hour's time (I now need a Lao Khao to poison me awake!).

Edited by SantiSuk

Wenger clearly agrees with you (and me) Chicog about the irrelevance of the pesky (insert latest sponsor name) Cup.

Only four players that would normally stand a chance of starting for the Gunners are in the 18 man squad. Lets name this the "deadbeats last stand" tie (Djouro, Arshavin, Chamakh, Squillaci). I find Wenger's recent born-again enthusiasm for Arshavin merely further confirmation that a deal has already been done for Walcott to fly North for winter.

I'm very surprised he has not included one of the recognised midfielders in there to add the off-the-bench option of some glue. I would imagine that Reading will take the tie pretty seriously. I won't be hurting if we go out.

I'm interested to see how it goes with lots of youngsters and hoping that it appears on Thai TV in an hour's time (I now need a Lao Khao to poison me awake!).

I'm always pleased to see a successful youth policy bearing fruit.

I'm sure that's a famous French quote....it must be. wink.png

Incredible game. Arsenal 4-0 down and 4-1 at half time equalised in the 6th minute of added time and won 7-5 AET. Some dreadful defending but what entertainment.

Thanks for that. Apparantly we have a new unwanted record of being the ONLY TEAM IN HISTORY to score 5 goals in ANY CUP COMPETITION and LOSTbah.gif

I just don't understand how we could be 4-0 up AT HOME and LOOSE...still onwards and (hopefully) upwards for Reading now, things can't get much worse than this.

Was it on Thai tv then or not?

Just watched the highlights on FootyTube - what do we do when scouting keepers!?!

Nope - not last night Miggsy. I twigged that about 1:15 from the True on screen programme guides - not the right slots showing for a football match on the Thai TV channels. I would probably have gone to bed at 4-0 down anywayrolleyes.gif

At lunchtime today I thought I would fire up the semi-redundant GMM Box and lo and behold there was the Arsenal game replay on GMM Sport One. Unfortunately it was already in extra time when I caught it. So saw the last 3 goals then all the goals in the closing credits. Oh hang on Im forgetting this is the Milk Cup - and there's me getting all excited.tongue.png Looked like a bit of a crap shoot in the last 15 minutes with both teams just booting the ball up front. Arshavin looked authoritative though in left mid field from what little I saw.

Anyway - main point for any supporters of tonights games, if yours is the one chosen by UK domestic TV then its likely it will be replayed tomorrow morning on GMM Sport One. The GMM web on-line programming guide gives little away in true GMM rubbish style - for todays Reading v Arsenal game it simply said '12:00 England'! I noticed last night their programming guide said 03:45 England, so maybe they also replay a game in the early morning too

Edited by SantiSuk

If it was going to be on Thai TV live it would have been at 02:45am. The clocks have changed, remember?

Hell yes (can I say hell?)! Forgot - and I knew when I was in the UK 2 weeks ago that the clocks were going to change on the last Sunday in October. I'd better hot foot it back to the Blues and Reds channel to warn them.