Arsenal

MiG16

Any Arsenal fans sickened by RvP celebrating his match winner can blame Arsene (I found it hard to stomach myself!).

I suspect it would have seen something more muted if Arsene had not laid claim to the "Arsenal man" in the run up. Maybe I'm wrong and the guy is just the traitorous hired-hand that some gooners accuse him of being.

Still it did give Arsene a slight lead in the mind games stakes for a couple of days - it forced Moysey into a typically dour and curmudgeonly reposte that was best left unsaid and would certainly not have come from SAF

I think he has every right to celebrate, His celebration when he scored last season was muted, so I think he can carry on like all the others now. This whole muted celebration when scoring against your old club is silly anyway, when we all know that inside the player is bursting with joy!

Any Arsenal fans sickened by RvP celebrating his match winner can blame Arsene (I found it hard to stomach myself!).

I suspect it would have seen something more muted if Arsene had not laid claim to the "Arsenal man" in the run up. Maybe I'm wrong and the guy is just the traitorous hired-hand that some gooners accuse him of being.

Still it did give Arsene a slight lead in the mind games stakes for a couple of days - it forced Moysey into a typically dour and curmudgeonly reposte that was best left unsaid and would certainly not have come from SAF

I think he has every right to celebrate, His celebration when he scored last season was muted, so I think he can carry on like all the others now. This whole muted celebration when scoring against your old club is silly anyway, when we all know that inside the player is bursting with joy!

Yes, theres nothing wrong with celebrating as long as you don't go over the top as did Adebayor at the Etihad

Yes, theres nothing wrong with celebrating as long as you don't go over the top as did Adebayor at the Etihad

cheesy.gif That was priceless, thanks for reminding me.

And you get three points for a win and one for a draw..<deleted>, are you two bored or something.facepalm.gif

Gotta love the Arse thread...

Yes, there's a lot less wailing and gnashing of teeth here than in the tiny totts thread, eh?

thumbsup.gif

Besides which it's interlull, which means there's <deleted> all to talk about for a couple of weeks.

So the mighty, invincible, brilliant, can-do-no-wrong etc., etc., Southampton came to Arsenal, gifted us two goals and we didn't really have to get out of third gear.

Watch Chelski do the same to them next week.

Excellent result in the Merseyside derby, I'd like West Ham to get something but I doubt they will.

Anyway, a 4 pt cushion so can't complain.

Well with winter settling in will we again be spoilt with the hilarious sight of Arshole Wenger prancing up and down the technical area in a sleeping bag?

Almost certainly, unless they have a new duvet-style device for him to wear.

Sobering news for The Arsenal family.

Pat Rice: Cancer diagnosis for Arsenal and Northern Ireland great

Former Northern Ireland and Arsenal defender Pat Rice has been admitted to hospital after being diagnosed with cancer.

Rice, 64, made 528 appearances for the Gunners and was assistant manager to Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger for 16 years before retiring in 2012.

The full-back also made 49 appearances for Northern Ireland.

"We can sadly confirm Pat Rice is in hospital receiving treatment for cancer," said an Arsenal statement.

"Everyone at Arsenal Football Club sends him our best wishes. Our thoughts are with Pat and his family."

Rice played for the Gunners over 14 seasons after joining the youth team, going on to win the league and FA Cup double in 1971 and captaining the side to further FA Cup success in 1979.

After a spell with Watford, he joined Arsenal as a youth team coach in 1984 before progressing to further coaching roles and enjoying great success as Wenger's assistant, winning seven trophies.

Wenger hailed the work of Rice upon his retirement in 2012 and the Northern Ireland man was appointed an MBE in this year's New Year's Honours list.

"Pat is a true Arsenal legend and has committed almost his whole life to Arsenal Football Club, which shows huge loyalty and devotion," the Frenchman said at the time of Rice's retirement.

"I will always be indebted to him for his expert insight."

Get well soon Pat, you never ran away from a challenge and I'm sure you won't now.

• Like 1

Sobering news for The Arsenal family.

Pat Rice: Cancer diagnosis for Arsenal and Northern Ireland great

Former Northern Ireland and Arsenal defender Pat Rice has been admitted to hospital after being diagnosed with cancer.

Rice, 64, made 528 appearances for the Gunners and was assistant manager to Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger for 16 years before retiring in 2012.

The full-back also made 49 appearances for Northern Ireland.

"We can sadly confirm Pat Rice is in hospital receiving treatment for cancer," said an Arsenal statement.

"Everyone at Arsenal Football Club sends him our best wishes. Our thoughts are with Pat and his family."

Rice played for the Gunners over 14 seasons after joining the youth team, going on to win the league and FA Cup double in 1971 and captaining the side to further FA Cup success in 1979.

After a spell with Watford, he joined Arsenal as a youth team coach in 1984 before progressing to further coaching roles and enjoying great success as Wenger's assistant, winning seven trophies.

Wenger hailed the work of Rice upon his retirement in 2012 and the Northern Ireland man was appointed an MBE in this year's New Year's Honours list.

"Pat is a true Arsenal legend and has committed almost his whole life to Arsenal Football Club, which shows huge loyalty and devotion," the Frenchman said at the time of Rice's retirement.

"I will always be indebted to him for his expert insight."

Get well soon Pat, you never ran away from a challenge and I'm sure you won't now.

Let's hope he can tackle this dreadfull disease.

All the best "Pat "

Yermanee wai.gif

I can see why Cardiff can take points off the mid table teams. But not us.

Scrapped when we needed to and scored for fun.

Nice to see Ramsey not celebrate either of his goals, and nice of the Cardiff fans to applaud him for not doing so.

7 points the game, three more points in the bank, now I can sit back and relax and watch tomorrow's proceedings unfold.

Nice to see Ramsey not celebrate either of his goals, and nice of the Cardiff fans to applaud him for not doing so.

7 points the game, three more points in the bank, now I can sit back and relax and watch tomorrow's proceedings unfold.

I thought that was superb!

What a load of <deleted> this is and i thought Cardiff fans had some balls........clapping a player who has just scored against you simply because he never celebrated!! <deleted>!

I thought they rolled over easy and he gets to slap there arse as well tsssk!

What a load of <deleted> this is and i thought Cardiff fans had some balls........clapping a player who has just scored against you simply because he never celebrated!! <deleted>!

In case you didn't know it's called sportmanship tongue.png

Anyway here's the 2nd goal from our super-sub Matthieu.

BTW we got him on a free. w00t.gif

Yermanee wai.gif

post-109269-0-36188300-1385875763_thumb.

God what a sourpuss. They didn't roll over, it's just that we didn't fold under pressure like the Moaners did last week.

And I can understand your dislike for Ramsey since Ferguson once announced him on the Merchandise United website as being signed, I bet you wish you had him now.

And you might find they clapped him because he not only played for them but even after they sold him, Wenger loaned him back so they benefited twice over.

I for one think it's classy of the Cardiff fans to show their appreciation for such a gesture, I wouldn't expect a knuckle-dragging stretford simian to understand, that's if you even come from Manchester.

God what a sourpuss. They didn't roll over, it's just that we didn't fold under pressure like the Moaners did last week.

And I can understand your dislike for Ramsey since Ferguson once announced him on the Merchandise United website as being signed, I bet you wish you had him now.

And you might find they clapped him because he not only played for them but even after they sold him, Wenger loaned him back so they benefited twice over.

I for one think it's classy of the Cardiff fans to show their appreciation for such a gesture, I wouldn't expect a knuckle-dragging stretford simian to understand, that's if you even come from Manchester.

He is also their national captain!

I thought early second half Cardiff gave it a go and might of nicked one back, keeper made a great save from a header. I certainly don't think they rolled over but Arsenal were just too strong for them.

Compared to the reception they give to Wales greatest ever footballer who was born and raised in Cardiff,and also captained the national side for a very long time.

And is still playing at the best level aged 40!

I also wouldn't expect a goon like yourself to understand that and the facts below.

Just so you understand i have nothing but admiration for the way in which Ramsey is performing this year but your comment about the Cardiff supporters is just wrong,in his home town and country he was deserving of a fantastic reception now that would of been classy by the Cardiff lot.

Club: Manchester United (1990-date)

Appearances: 953

Goals: 168

Debut: March 2, 1991 (v Everton, Manchester)

National team: Wales (1991-2007)

Appearances: 64

Goals: 12

Debut: October 16, 1991 (v Germany, Nuremberg)

Last appearance: June 2, 2007 (v Czech Republic, Cardiff)

Olympic team: Great Britain (2012)

Appearances: 4

Goals: 1

Honours

Club

Premier League (13): 1992-93, 1993-94, 1995-96, 1996-97, 1998-99, 1999-2000, 2000-01, 2002-03, 2006-07, 2007-08, 2008-09, 2010-11, 2012-13

FA Cup (4): 1993-94, 1995-96, 1998-99, 2003-04

League Cup (3): 1991-92, 2005-06, 2008-09

Community Shield (9): 1993, 1994, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2013

UEFA Champions League (2): 1998-99, 2007-08

UEFA Super Cup (1): 1991

Intercontinental Cup (1): 1999

FIFA Club World Cup (1): 2008

Individual

PFA Young Player of the Year: 1991-92, 1992-93

PFA Players’ Player of the Year: 2008-09

BBC Sports Personality of the Year: 2009

Compared to the reception they give to Wales greatest ever footballer who was born and raised in Cardiff,and also captained the national side for a very long time.

And is still playing at the best level aged 40!

I also wouldn't expect a goon like yourself to understand that and the facts below.

Just so you understand i have nothing but admiration for the way in which Ramsey is performing this year but your comment about the Cardiff supporters is just wrong,in his home town and country he was deserving of a fantastic reception now that would of been classy by the Cardiff lot.

Club: Manchester United (1990-date)

Appearances: 953

Goals: 168

Debut: March 2, 1991 (v Everton, Manchester)

National team: Wales (1991-2007)

Appearances: 64

Goals: 12

Debut: October 16, 1991 (v Germany, Nuremberg)

Last appearance: June 2, 2007 (v Czech Republic, Cardiff)

Olympic team: Great Britain (2012)

Appearances: 4

Goals: 1

Honours

Club

Premier League (13): 1992-93, 1993-94, 1995-96, 1996-97, 1998-99, 1999-2000, 2000-01, 2002-03, 2006-07, 2007-08, 2008-09, 2010-11, 2012-13

FA Cup (4): 1993-94, 1995-96, 1998-99, 2003-04

League Cup (3): 1991-92, 2005-06, 2008-09

Community Shield (9): 1993, 1994, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2013

UEFA Champions League (2): 1998-99, 2007-08

UEFA Super Cup (1): 1991

Intercontinental Cup (1): 1999

FIFA Club World Cup (1): 2008

Individual

PFA Young Player of the Year: 1991-92, 1992-93

PFA Players’ Player of the Year: 2008-09

BBC Sports Personality of the Year: 2009

I swear all Moaners fans have a mental age of 12 and the memory of a gnat with ADHD.

I think you'll find that most Welsh fans think Giggs is a complete tosser, mainly down to the number of "tactical injuries" he acquired that kept him out of playing for his national team yet mysteriously disappeared in time for the following week's league matches.

You idiot.

cheesy.gif