Arsenal

MiG16

Look at Chelsea and Man Utd Santi....that cash doesn't guarantee success....it will make the agents happy though!

He's right though. It pretty much does, be it a rather hollow achievement! Chelsea, City in particular have proven the more you spend the more silverware you acquire. United, even under Ferguson always spent big too.

Our net spend under Pochettino through three transfer windows is 5.7m Thats why realistically we cannot compete with that lot and its doubtful we will win <deleted> all but hey. lets enjoy the ride, which i for one am.

Look at Chelsea and Man Utd Santi....that cash doesn't guarantee success....it will make the agents happy though!

He's right though. It pretty much does, be it a rather hollow achievement! Chelsea, City in particular have proven the more you spend the more silverware you acquire. United, even under Ferguson always spent big too.

Our net spend under Pochettino through three transfer windows is 5.7m Thats why realistically we cannot compete with that lot and its doubtful we will win <deleted> all but hey. lets enjoy the ride, which i for one am.

Yes carms I just enjoy every game and the attacking football similarly to when we had Bale and ratboy playing for us.

We can't have a team full of superstars but its great to see youngsters push on and become quality players.

It was a joke!

With both Cazorla and Sanchez out for maybe 3 months I expect we will miss out on top 4 this year, that pairing being so fundamental to the engine of Arsenal. In corporate/business terms it is a significant crisis equivalent to a major product/system failure or large law suit/regulatory attack. I very much doubt that the ownership/management will address it as such - it'll be mostly in line with the Chicog prediction of 'over to the back-up then'. That's not an attack specifically on Arsenal's set-up (or Chicog), just a comment on the mentality of football as opposed to the business world it really operates in.

I don't think Stan/Arsene have the balls to spend as much as 100m in a typical thieves and vagabonds January window to address the scale of the crisis, even though that kind of money is clearly in the bank. It will colour Wenger's legacy.

Yeah - I know - calm down Santisuktongue.png. There is of course a small possibility that it is sufficiently large a crisis to knock those guys out of a 5 year plus complacency and give Wenger a chance to re-establish a real legacy. Perhaps the likes of Bielik, Reine-Adelaideand and Iwobi and maybe the odd returning loanee will prove to be instant stars (like Coquelin and to some extent Bellerin in the past 18 months). Getting through December with only one serviceable striker is going to be a real strain. God knows how we will cope with having to play the Europa as well.

Whatever happens it will be a fascinating unfolding story. It was a joke, I ain't going anywhere [but I will continue to enjoy American football as well!].

Arsenal has a decent team and squad. You will 'cope' without Cazorla and Sanchez (as City have 'coped' without Silva and Aguero). You'll finish top 4 for sure in my opinion.

]

Yes carms I just enjoy every game and the attacking football similarly to when we had Bale and ratboy playing for us.

We can't have a team full of superstars but its great to see youngsters push on and become quality players.

Going off topic mate, back to the goons. Who do you reckons getting crocked next? biggrin.png

I meant Giroud...he's next for the treatment room.

Giroud is fine. He just scored an excellent goal.....from a Mackem point of view anyway

Haha like the edit son.

Another dour defensive team from Fatty, had most of the possession although complacency gave them their chances.

Quality set of results all round, and the boos at the Theatre of Dweebs oh dear!

biggrin.png

The arse got the ball into our goal more than we did in theirs....simple as that.

However, a pretty good very encouraging going forward performance by Sunderland

Occasionally going forward!

You're a hard man to please bud....do you not think it was a better performance ?

The arse got the ball into our goal more than we did in theirs....simple as that.

You're a hard man to please bud....do you not think it was a better performance ?

Oh Fatty will keep you up but it's never going to be pretty.

• Like 1

Oh Fatty will keep you up but it's never going to be pretty.

Can't disagree with you Chicog....but if you reckon it wasn't a decent performance from Sunderland....you need new spectacles or I need to stop drinking Chang....

Can't disagree with you Chicog....but if you reckon it wasn't a decent performance from Sunderland....you need new spectacles or I need to stop drinking Chang....

A vast improvement on the start of the season.... but if we hadn't won that I would have been very disappointed.

A rampant Chicog in the past hour I see.

Actually I reckon with the fixtures next weekend it'll be Arsenal turn to be top (can't see Leicester getting past Chelsea).

You haven't watched enough of Leicester matches this season, the only thing that can save Chelsea will be the keeper, Coitus!

A rampant Chicog in the past hour I see.

Actually I reckon with the fixtures next weekend it'll be Arsenal turn to be top (can't see Leicester getting past Chelsea).

You haven't watched enough of Leicester matches this season, the only thing that can save Chelsea will be the keeper, Coitus!

Yeah, Leicester are playing some good football. They've got momentum, confidence and no other distractions like the League Cup and CL games to cope with.

I do agree, but interestingly yesterday with all their wealth and pomp; United, Chelsea & City managed to score 0 goals and 1 point between them against, West Ham, Bournemouth & Stoke. What a weird season it is.

• Like 2

Nothing weird about it lads.....The better managers are coming to the fore now that most of the teams have money to spend.

Man Shitty will obviously remain up there as they have spent a shit load more than the others, but even they whinge about a couple of injuries (Aguero/Kompany) and use these as an excuse for being outplayed by Stoke!. This despite spending 100m + in the transfer window on attempting to buy the title.

Likewise Man Utd, who spent a fortune on an unproven forward (who apparently can't finish...according to yesterday's reports!) whilst the manager allowed 2 or 3 proven scorers to go cheap or on loan (2 scored yesterday!) . As for the so called Special one, he must be in cahoots with his own agent.........Falcao &lt;deleted&gt;!!!!

The likes of Ranieri, Pochettino, Wenger, even Pardew, Bilic, Hughes and Martinez, are demonstrating what can be done with a decent manager/coach. All have now had some money to spend, have used it wisely, and rely on their own management nouse to build decent teams.

Fact is that the managers of the so called "big teams" are not as good as they would have themselves believe. We had this problem with Rodgers who had a decent season thanks to Suarez, and then thought he was the Bees Knees (remember that place Bredbury?thumbsup.gif )

So....not a weird season, but a very interesting one; one that may prove that money doesn't always buy success!wai2.gif

• Like 1