Arsenal

MiG16

Not a bad effort from Arsenal I thought. They had their chances and failed to convert then got caught on the counter. It happens.

OTOH both the BFG and Flamini guilty as sin for that telling late PK from Messi.

On a positive note for Arsenal no Pique for the return leg. I watch Barca a bunch and whenever they are without either Busquets or Pique they can really struggle defensively (more so without Busquets). Might not make much difference up 2-0 but you never know.

Hopefully Ozil and Sanchez will play in the return leg.

Not a bad effort from Arsenal I thought. They had their chances and failed to convert then got caught on the counter. It happens.

OTOH both the BFG and Flamini guilty as sin for that telling late PK from Messi.

On a positive note for Arsenal no Pique for the return leg. I watch Barca a bunch and whenever they are without either Busquets or Pique they can really struggle defensively (more so without Busquets). Might not make much difference up 2-0 but you never know.

Excuse my ignorance carmine did they not play in the first game ...i didnt see it...

Excuse my ignorance carmine did they not play in the first game ...i didnt see it...

Another one that went flying over MrEd's head..........not ignorance mate, you're just a bit slow!!!

• Like 1

Thought Sanchez tried but their guys were too well briefed and skilful for him. Ozil on the other hand seemed way out of it - can't remember a more ineffective performance from him.

I wonder whether Arsene is going to retire this Summer. Get the impression he is getting as fed up as we supporters with the inconsistency of his charges. All promise and little delivery this calendar year.

Front line would suffer wholesale replacements if another top line manager came in IMO. Walcott/Ox/Campbell are showing to be not title team material. Giroud only second string CF and we wait to see how Welbeck promise turns out. Only Sanchez would be secure.

Edited by SantiSuk

Thought Sanchez tried but their guys were too well briefed and skilful for him. Ozil on the other hand seemed way out of it - can't remember a more ineffective performance from him.

I wonder whether Arsene is going to retire this Summer. Get the impression he is getting as fed up as we supporters with the inconsistency of his charges. All promise and little delivery this calendar year. Front line would be wholesale replaced if another top line manager came in IMO. Walcott/Ox/Campbell/even Giroud are showing to be not title team material.

When playing the best team in the world your best players have to produce their best for you to stand any chance. Theres nothing a manager can do if the defense doesn't follow the script and the world class players don't show up.

i wouldn't want to bet on anyone beating this Barca side over two legs.

I wonder whether Arsene is going to retire this Summer. Get the impression he is getting as fed up as we supporters with the inconsistency of his charges. All promise and little delivery this calendar year.

Front line would suffer wholesale replacements if another top line manager came in IMO. Walcott/Ox/Campbell are showing to be not title team material. Giroud only second string CF and we wait to see how Welbeck promise turns out. Only Sanchez would be secure.

It'll be interesting to see what Wenger chooses to do with the squad if he stays. Bearing in mind they could very well win the league, were it me I'd think about sending Ramsey and Walcott packing. They've both had plenty of chances to improve their games over the years and just haven't progressed. Ramsey in particular is an enigma. He has some talent but outside of a handful of nice goals over the years what else is recommended about his game ? He's mediocre as a defender, sprays loose passes at the most inopportune time and his finishing seems to be worse now than in previous years.

I think Sanchez is lacking form. He hasn't been the same player since his injury.

world class players don't show up.

There are only a handfull of "world class" players in the Premier League,and not one of them play for Arsenal whistling.gif

I believe Sanchez is world class. Ozil, on his day, but his day doesn't come often enough. He's also too easily muscled out of a game.

Can't think of any others other than Aguero and Silva.

Deli Alli of course, by this time next year!!

There are only a handfull of "world class" players in the Premier League,and not one of them play for Arsenal whistling.gif

I believe Sanchez is world class. Ozil, on his day, but his day doesn't come often enough. He's also too easily muscled out of a game.

Definitely go with Sanchez and outside of Arsenal, reluctantly De Gea.

Definitely go with Sanchez and outside of Arsenal, reluctantly De Gea.

yes of course, De Gea's world class.

Aaron took a long time to come back from Carthorse Shawcross smashing his leg. He had a great season last time, then got injured again. I have faith that he will come good again, all the signs are there.

The Ox is doing my head in. He is not taking his chance in the team, and panics like crazy. At the moment he's a liability.

The whole team is missing a key ingredient: Cazorla.

He really does pull the strings from the back, and with Ozil Ramsey and Sanchez in front of him can pick teams apart and create chances.

And chances we are short of compared to when he is in the team.

Ozil can thread a ball but I don't think sitting deep would suit him, I prefer him playing in the pockets of space around the box.

I'm hoping the midget magician gets a run out against Barca.

I just wish Ozil could shoot from distance....he gets in such good positions but does not possess the ability or confidence to strike the ball and that is a great pity. For instance, RVP or Bale would have tried their luck with a sledgehammer left-footed strike from that excellent position Ozil was in.....

Hazard is world class, Yaya when he feels like it, Mata/Rooney are perhaps a tier below but not far away, Kos is world class imho, Bellerin will be.

Edited by CoreanoOzzie

Hazard is world class, Yaya when he feels like it, Mata/Rooney are perhaps a tier below but not far away, Kos is world class imho, Bellerin will be.

Hazard is too much of a "I'll play hard when I want to" to be world class.

Yaya is way past world class even on his good days.

Mata can see world class with a very good pair of binoculars.

Rooney was last close to world class many years ago.

Kos is a nice defender but world class ? Well, I'd give him a shot.

Bellerin is a good kid with great pace and getting better. Easily knocked off the ball. Still needs to improve his footwork defensively though he wasn't embarrassed by Neymar as I thought he might be. Way to early to talk about world class though.

My 2 cents.

• Like 1

Aaron took a long time to come back from Carthorse Shawcross smashing his leg. He had a great season last time, then got injured again. I have faith that he will come good again, all the signs are there.

The Ox is doing my head in. He is not taking his chance in the team, and panics like crazy. At the moment he's a liability.

The whole team is missing a key ingredient: Cazorla.

He really does pull the strings from the back, and with Ozil Ramsey and Sanchez in front of him can pick teams apart and create chances.

And chances we are short of compared to when he is in the team.

Ozil can thread a ball but I don't think sitting deep would suit him, I prefer him playing in the pockets of space around the box.

I'm hoping the midget magician gets a run out against Barca.

Ah Santi. My favorite Arsenal player. Sorely missed to be sure.

I heard some idiot pundit talking the other day that now that Welbeck is back Arsenal is just about at full strength save Wilshere being out. How soon they forget about Santi and what he brings to the table.

• Like 1

My thoughts on "world class" in the premiership

De Gea

Aguero

Silva

Hazard

Wilian

smile.png

Well just look at that, not a World Cup winner to be seen.

gigglem.gif

article-0-1FA0484D00000578-770_634x418.j

Just goes to show how the "gooners" can <deleted> good players up giggle.gif

We can now confirm that the following FA Cup 5th Round Replay fixture will be played as under:
Hull City v Arsenal
Tuesday 8th March 2016
Kick Off: 7.00pm
Live on: BT Sport

Details of the possible 6th Round tie are not yet known.

Regards,

Arsenal Football Club