Arsenal

MiG16

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/12186906/Arsene-Wengers-patience-snaps-over-boring-questions-about-his-Arsenal-record.html

I like what Wenger had to say here. Well done Arsene. He's a talented manager, some times things don't go your way, and the media have the knives out for him. Keep on ignoring them I reckon.

Yes - but.

It's the last two sentences that says it all. He did great 10 years ago. He steered well through the "stadium years". For the last 4 years a section of fans (me included) has been unhappy with the club's approach, which has not been consistent with aiming to be a top European club (which entails winning the Prem sometimes), which surely should be the mission of a club with such a history and fan base. It's particularly poignant that the club has been trying to get trophys while not spending big for a decade and is potentially about to be shown how to do it by a team that spent next to nothing

Many fans think that is Wenger's fault. I suspect it comes from the owner who I reckon has set a safety first course with his wallet.

All this criticism of that section of the fans as plastic and disloyal is off-beam, even if most of them are probably leveling their anger at the wrong guy within the club.

It's no surprise to me when I see fans of other teams coming up with wholly supportive comments for a manager who guides the team that is their opponent to play attractive, but ultimately unsuccessful, football!

Seriously, i really can't see how anyone can say you've been unsuccessful, how many years in the top four have you had? And how many CL seasons have you had in succession? And you say its the club not signing top top players? But when have you ever? As with spurs your seen as a final stepping stone towards the euro elite or when things don't quite work out there, aka Henry ozil., a decent step down. This disatisfaction isn't just one isolated fan it seems to be a feeling felt by many and imo unfortunatly it comes across as a spoilt entitlement.

I don't know how long wenger is gonna stay, But i tell ya if he can play and walk away uninjured from beach foot volley at 65 he''s in remarkably bloody good physical shape and Ide say as long as he has the mental will physically personally i wouldn't rule another 10 years out and when that transition comes and takes it toll as we've seen enuf times i reckon the 'moaning' minions will look back and realise what a remarkably great job wenger has done.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by rijit

Woops - seem to have missed spotting that our FA cup replay happened last night. Can happen when you are travelling and it's not shown on telly. Four goals to nil up and 3 down (Mertesacker, Gabriel and Ramsey all left the field of play with injuries - hope that they were precautionary - all walked off looking uncrippled at least).

Thanks to BBC World News who just showed the goals (and the walk offs). Giroud 2 (the first being a gift for his 2nd newborn), can't remember and Walcott.

Our favoured FA cup opponents - often give us a wobble but always beaten! The lucky charm of home ties continues with Watford up next.

In other news - so wanting your team to be a top Euripean team and expecting them to use their financial resources to at least try demonstrates a damnable sense of entitlement does it Rijit? What a load of old tosh!

I can live with "the ultimate debating point" (as stated in my epithet on ThaiVisa postings wink.png ).

whqt the <deleted> doe epithet mean?

a characterizing word or phrase accompanying or occurring in place of the name of a person

In your case, a reference to 20x Champions and chickentown, whqtever the <deleted> that doe means!

In my case being regarded as a to$$er!

Screamer of a goal that second from Watford.

Arsenal been pretty lacklustre in fairness,looks like that's the end of their cup run.

After Chelsea got dumped out yesterday and with Man U v West Ham to come it really is anyone's cup this year much like the league.

Screamer of a goal that second from Watford.

Arsenal been pretty lacklustre in fairness,looks like that's the end of their cup run.

After Chelsea got dumped out yesterday and with Man U v West Ham to come it really is anyone's cup this year much like the league.

Last night Chelsea v Everton was not a surprise but Watford presently 2 up after Arsenal being all over them in the first 30 mins,

could never have picked that.That second goal was top class,not sure the keeper even saw it until he picked up out of the back of the net.

What a season.

Two nil down with 13 minutes to go. Forget FA Cup records and spot the home loss record.

Anybody flying "In Wenger We Trust" banners at The Emirates today?

Worst season in 3 years looks nailed on and it could get even more dire than that! Stan your Mr Thrifty approach is destroying value for your family heritage big time! You need a fresh approach.

You have to wonder why they waited for 85 minutes to start playing at any kind of tempo.

Pretty poor on the part of the players if they can't get up for it.

Only consolation is that by Thursday we'll have nine games to concentrate on over a period of eight weeks.

(Unless some kind of bloody miracle happens!).

I hope Cech is back soon.

The midget wasn't up to much.

Edited by Chicog

Fully expecting to see an image of Man United's last FA Cup win in 2003-04...you won't be letting us down now will ya?

Unteds last FA cup win was indeed 2004 the 11th time they have won it,with 18 final appearances.

Arsenal have won the most with 12 wins from 19 appearances

Your lot BB have just 5 wins from 10 appearances gigglem.gifgigglem.gifgigglem.gif

Poor petermik, how long have you been poised over that one?

Ah.... 25th Feb.

How bitter are you lad?

cheesy.gif

Sorry Chicog a low blow that one wai2.gif but I couldn,t resist.........brought a smile to my face after watching United,s performance last night (I still think we would have beaten your lot though) clap2.gif

It,s only a game thumbsup.gif

Fully expecting to see an image of Man United's last FA Cup win in 2003-04...you won't be letting us down now will ya?

Unteds last FA cup win was indeed 2004 the 11th time they have won it,with 18 final appearances.

Your lot BB have just 5 wins from 10 appearances gigglem.gifgigglem.gifgigglem.gif

You seem to be from the its better to have won trophys in all our yesterdays rather than the present and now.

You seem to be from the its better to have won trophys in all our yesterdays rather than the present and now.

What happened in the past is fact,the present and now mean the same so what exactly are you trying to say BB sad.png

Sorry you Gooners but your clubs thread is temporarily hi-jacked