Arsenal

MiG16

There are some bogeys to be broken....

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• Tottenham have only won once at Arsenal in 26 matches in all competitions since May 1993 (D10, L15).
  • That was their 3-2 win in November 2010, when they fought back from 2-0 down at half-time.
  • Arsenal are winless in their last four Premier League games against Spurs (D3, L1) - they have never gone five league games without a victory against their local rivals under Arsene Wenger. They did, however, beat Tottenham in the League Cup last season.
  • Mauricio Pochettino is unbeaten in his four league games against Arsenal since arriving at White Hart Lane. No Spurs boss has ever gone unbeaten in their first five top-flight matches against the Gunners.
  • The team scoring first has failed to win this fixture on 23 occasions, the highest number in Premier League history (15 draws, eight defeats).
  • The only previous north London derby that kicked off at noon in the Premier League was in November 2004 - Arsenal won 5-4 at White Hart Lane.

Arsenal

• The Gunners have won 10 of their last 11 games in league and cup, scoring a total of 32 goals.
  • They have lost just one of their last 20 Premier League games (W12, D7).
  • Mesut Ozil has been directly involved in eight goals in his last five games for Arsenal in all competitions (five goals and three assists).

Tottenham Hotspur

• Tottenham are unbeaten in their first 10 league games for the first time since the 1990-91 season.
  • Avoiding defeat would see them go unbeaten in their opening 11 top-flight matches for the third time, after 1960-61 (16 games) and 1959-60 (12 games). They finished those campaigns first and third respectively (although that was under the two points for a win system).
  • Spurs have the best defensive record in the Premier League, conceding just five goals.
  • They could draw four consecutive league matches for the first time since April 2008.

1 hour ago, smokie36 said:

No one has beaten us in the league so far Chicog and it won't be happening tomorrow.

So you're hoping for the draw then?

There will be goals.

Where yours will come from I have no idea.

:smile:

18 hours ago, Chicog said:

While he's not the scorer that Bergkamp was, the comparison is valid. His passing and movement are exceptional, and like Dennis he has a magical touch.

Let's face it, the tiny totts don't have anyone near that class. Which is probably why you're so sulky.

Oh sure, and as soon as he gets a heavy tackle he reverts to mincing up and down the touchline, totally anonymous.

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

I usually say my A/C has broken down and the Engineer is coming.

Easily checked as it all goes through the company.

I'll think of something.

Pest Control is a good one, I haven't used that for a while.

3 hours ago, carmine said:

Nice to see Wenger still has a sense of humor.  He reckons the penalty decision was harsh!!!

He really does talk a load of <deleted> sometimes....

You're complaining because he "saw ze incident"?

Poor bloke can't win, can he?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chicog said:

You're complaining because he "saw ze incident"?

Poor bloke can't win, can he?

Problem with Wenger is that if the pen wasn't given, and later asked about it,

he would have said he didn't see the incident.

Everyone knows that Wenger always chooses to see what suits him at the time

that favours his team only.

But heh, that's his choice to always show bias instead of honesty.

2 hours ago, sotsira said:

Problem with Wenger is that if the pen wasn't given, and later asked about it,

he would have said he didn't see the incident.

Everyone knows that Wenger always chooses to see what suits him at the time

that favours his team only.

But heh, that's his choice to always show bias instead of honesty.

Isn't that his job to show bias, it is his team and he will favour them, just like every manager no?

19 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Seriously, how can anyone have a problem with Wenger? A decent football man who believes in his team. I like and admire Wenger.

I agree with all that you say BB, as a football manager he's one of the best in the business, what i don't like about him though, is the way he portrays himself to the media.

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

Isn't that his job to show bias, it is his team and he will favour them, just like every manager no?

Not every manager shows bias towards there team when talking to the media.

I would say it's about 50% do and 50% say it like it is, with honesty.

Jurgen Klopp and Pochettino are good examples for that.

Harry Redknapp is a prime example for speaking his mind.

For me, that's what earns them my respect.

Well it seems Sanchez played with a thigh bandage which won't please Wenger. But he didn't appear to suffer any ill effects. I doubt Wenger will play him though.

Otherwise there doesn't appear to be any significant injury news. Which makes a change.

A tepid performance but I'll take the point.

Oxtail-Chamberpot did what Walcott appears to have forgotten, and took on his man, beating him easily, and Ollie did the rest, which considering he wasn't on international duty makes you wonder why he didn't start.

And I still think Xhaka is better than Elneny and him and Coq should be the first choice pairing in midfield.

Maybe that will be the case when PSG visit on Wednesday.

2 hours ago, Chicog said:

A tepid performance but I'll take the point.

Oxtail-Chamberpot did what Walcott appears to have forgotten, and took on his man, beating him easily, and Ollie did the rest, which considering he wasn't on international duty makes you wonder why he didn't start.

And I still think Xhaka is better than Elneny and him and Coq should be the first choice pairing in midfield.

Maybe that will be the case when PSG visit on Wednesday.

Wenger's an idiot. Why didn't he start with Giroud against, what was probably United 4th. choice centre back partnership? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jellydog said:

Fresh as a daisy he is.

I'm not 'after-timing' because Giroud scored JD. Before the game, I thought Giroud would have a field day against a pair of central defenders who have hardly played, yet Wenger, in his wisdom, decides on sticking a half fit,  travel fatigued Sanchez up front. With the starting line up he selected, Wenger went to Old Trafford to knick a draw. Job done. 

8 hours ago, oldgit said:

I'm not 'after-timing' because Giroud scored JD. Before the game, I thought Giroud would have a field day against a pair of central defenders who have hardly played, yet Wenger, in his wisdom, decides on sticking a half fit,  travel fatigued Sanchez up front. With the starting line up he selected, Wenger went to Old Trafford to knick a draw. Job done. 

Giroud fresh as a daisy OG. Seems Wenger either plays him to death or completely forgets about him.