Arsenal

MiG16

The Gunners had some real individual talent out there before Fabregas came on, but they keep trying to walk the ball into the net, so they get nowhere against organised defences. Fabregas brought a direct approach. Breathtaking 28 minutes.

Bellamy (rumoured to be leaving Eastlands) could be a good second best to Fabregas in galvanising that directness of approach if Fab is going to be injured for a while. We need somebody to take the initiative to run at defences and let the likes of the little Russian feed off the rebounds and late 1-2s. I would also favour a goalkeeper swap with Man City.

The title is there for the taking and will be taken if Rooney gets injured. I think Chelsea are losing the plot. Villa are still my choice for the 4th slot (if not higher). They did not deserve a 3-0 and are enjoyable for the neutral to watch - they nearly always make a great game of it against top sides

Heard about the Bellamy rumour too.

But The Prof is known to prefer younger players than the older one. But he did make an exception in pre-season when he talked about getting Vieira back in the team. Maybe he'll do that again this time. Heard that he's interested in Chamakh too.

Only time will tell. Can't wait. :)

Edited by Hazri

New Years eve tomorrow.

So, a happy and successful year to all gunners supporters and to the team.

And as it is the season of goodwill; a happy new year to all non-arsenal supporters too. :)

caf

Edited by caf

778,000 results when you google 'chamakh arsenal'! Wants to stick at Bordeaux per latest reports?

I agree that Wenger usually takes only guys he can train and use for the long term. Maybe 'needs must' a short term approach this time. Viera would be great to have back but he naturally sits a little deeper than Cesc and would not meet the full-on attack requirement

a little side track from the future direction

but he deserves a mention :)

Bergkhamp's goal has been chosen as goal of the decade by Arsenal fans :D

(2002, against Newcastle)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DNfgibZO5o

he was referred to as 'a Dutch masterclass' by the commentator :D

Thanks for the posting Mig (and for your earlier welcome to this thread), but what a cr@ppy choice by Arsenal fans. denis clearly fouls Newcastle's number 10. It should have been disallowed under the laws of the game, though refs often seem quite blind to the use of an extended arm to push away a defender.

Thanx for the vid Miss Mig. :)

But I personally think Fab's second goal against Villa last weekend worth a mention. Lightning fast counter attack provided by Walcott and beautiful finishing by Fab. By the way, I'm a fan of Bergkamp too. :D

I like Nasri's goal. The angle of the shot was marvellous. Very acute angle and not easy to pull off.

Ramsey caught my attention too. Give him a few more years and he will be another gem to Arsenal like Fab. Watch this space. :)

Another win in the bag. :D A great way to start the new year.

it is? :)

so what did I watch last night :D

Good 4U getting up at that time Mig. Personally I prefer my sleep if I think I can catch it the following day, although that does involve a certain amount of ducking and diving on media websites to avoid the score.

Good game from A, considering those who are injured. I didn't agree with the Sky Sports commentator, who said after 25 minutes that Arsenal are dominant - I thought Pompey were in it until the first goal. Arsenal were losing the ball in the final third just as regularly as Portsmouth. It seems like all the media now has a love affair with the Gunners and get over-heated with excitement sometimes! No doubt some Northener (which I am too) will say it's that old London bias creeping in again; Chelsea look half the team they were a month ago so bouquets are flowing a few kilos northwards to the Emirates

Don't know why Pompey don't play Kanu from the start - he looked capable of holding the ball up front unlike the others (though Belhadj looked useful and worth nicking for some team at the end of the season when Pompey go down). To my mind Portsmouth, Bolton and Wigan are doomed. Hull will stay up [all on present form - long way to go]

If I wasn't an Englishman who fuc_ked off to live in Thailand I might agree with you.

[Poster refers to the Portsmouth v Arsenal game being the first ever Premier League game not to feature an Englishman. I would also point out that the journalist's observation is a bit contrived - the Premier League is of England & Wales and Aaron Ramsey who played all 90 minutes and scored such a delicious goal is Welsh!]

Good 4U getting up at that time Mig. Personally I prefer my sleep if I think I can catch it the following day, although that does involve a certain amount of ducking and diving on media websites to avoid the score.

I always have to watch it live. its not about avoiding finding the result, but if Im watching delayed game, no amount of cheering and support I send is gonna make a difference to the performance is it, considering score is already been settled

I always have to watch it live. its not about avoiding finding the result, but if Im watching delayed game, no amount of cheering and support I send is gonna make a difference to the performance is it, considering score is already been settled

OK - I'm convinced - might even stay up until 23:15 pm tomorrow for the West Ham fixture :)

The romance has long gone out of the FA Cup for me (since I stopped supporting lower division sides!) and I don't care that much if Arsene field the youngsters and we risk getting beat. Am I alone on this one?

Santi, you're not alone mate.

I'm sure our youngsters are up for the job. Good exposure for them too. This is the chance for us to see future stars of Arsenal in action.

I wouldn't want to miss that chance, that's why I'll watch it Live. :)

......and I don't care that much if Arsene field the youngsters and we risk getting beat. Am I alone on this one?

YES!!

Im not competitive

(really!)

but my team is.

and I want them to ALWAYS win :)

OK - I'm convinced - might even stay up until 23:15 pm tomorrow for the West Ham fixture :)

The romance has long gone out of the FA Cup for me (since I stopped supporting lower division sides!) and I don't care that much if Arsene field the youngsters and we risk getting beat. Am I alone on this one?

There is more chance of Thailand having a dry Songkran..

Most managers would have panicked far sooner and brought on the shock troops with at least 30 minutes left. I was certainly panicking.

Not Wenger - despite his frustrations he was keen to see if the youngsters could dig their own way out. A bit dissapointing that they could not, and I suspect Arsene learnt a lot about one or two of the young lads last night that will see a name or two added to the January outbound transfer list.

Even the feted Ramsey was losing the ball far too often from bad touches until Nasri and Diaby brought that confidence flow back into the midfield. [No of course I'm not suggesting he would be on such a list].

West Ham played better than I have seen them play in a long while in the first half. Like most lower table sides playing the top 4 they have to expend so much energy to match quality that they simply run out of legs in the last quarter.

hate to admit I missed this game

but more than happy with result

West Ham 1: 2 Arsenal

Arsenal now through to 4th round FA Cup :)

How dare you Miggy after all the grief :D you gave me about not watching matches live. And there's me setting the alarm to wake up at 11:15, sitting there in me slippers and with a cup of cocoa .... [just joking - I've given up on Isaan sleeping patterns of 9:00pm to 5:00am of late].

Stoke (did you miss the 4th round draw also? tut tut!) will be no push over either. Still at least we avoided my second team Leeds - I'll bet Tottenham would rather have Stoke, though regrettably Beckford will probably have transferred out by then.

Most managers would have panicked far sooner and brought on the shock troops with at least 30 minutes left. I was certainly panicking.

Not Wenger - despite his frustrations he was keen to see if the youngsters could dig their own way out. A bit dissapointing that they could not, and I suspect Arsene learnt a lot about one or two of the young lads last night that will see a name or two added to the January outbound transfer list.

No not Wenger, he brought Diaby & Nasri on with 25 mins to go.... :)

& sorry, are you saying that based on that performance, some of your Kids should be sold ??

Wenger's decision to replace Wilshere and Merida was spot-on.

Diaby has improved a lot since last season. Eduardo seems to be getting some of his old touches back. Vela tireless as ever. Nasri is Nasri. Fabianski producing better quality saves. Ramsey looks set to be a star one day. What a game! :)

game postponed due to snow :)

it hasnt happened in my fan lifetime. this is a first, I think?

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/bolton-postponed

hope those in the UK and Europe are keeping warm!

Nice pictures of the Emirates in snow. Am I glad I'm here rather than there?!

Hope you did not get up in the middle of the night Mig. I switched True Sports 1 on this morning about 10'ish and went 'oh no' I have missed the first 58 minutes of the (still billed as) Arsenal v Bolton game. At least we are 1-0 up. Took me 2 minutes before I thought, 'hang on I've seen that fine block on Eduardo before'. T'was the WHU v Aresenal re-run. Guessed it was a postponement but Beeb Sport on the web had no mention of a postponement so I was left thinking 'was I imagining that there was supposed to be a game last night'? Thanks for the confirmation there was and I am not senile.

Shame about the weather and the postponement - we were on a bit of a roll and it would have been nice to claim the catch up 3 points and take 2nd place. On the other hand oppositions whose backs are against the wall with a manager missing often pull off surprises, so I'd rather take on Bolton when their hopes for a new beginning have faded into false dawns.