Arsenal

MiG16

Big Sam's tactics remind me of American Football with regards to the offensive linemen 'holding'.

The saying goes if you hold on every play (which is against the rules) they are not gonna call it every time. It's a numbers game.

I like though how he is able to get under Arsene's skin so easily. :)

for once Im gonna keep quiet

or I may have to stop watching our games? might be my bad luck is rubbing off on them :D awwww

how about a poll :)

should MiGgy

1. watch the game in her Arsenal shirt and provide full support

2. stay well away from Arsenal and let their true form shine again

3. watch the game but with hidden support (no Gooner shirt) - so that the football gods dont realise she is wishing for a win, and might stop trying to jeopardise her wishes? :D

for once Im gonna keep quiet

or I may have to stop watching our games? might be my bad luck is rubbing off on them :D awwww

how about a poll :)

should MiGgy

1. watch the game in her Arsenal shirt and provide full support

2. stay well away from Arsenal and let their true form shine again

3. watch the game but with hidden support (no Gooner shirt) - so that the football gods dont realise she is wishing for a win, and might stop trying to jeopardise her wishes? :D

Option 3, if it means that you would be topless :D , the bar owner might be pleased as well (so killing 2 birds with one stone) :D and while you may not be a page 3 model it must be better than watching a game with Singhy topless.

Edited by alfieconn

haha

Im trying to think of some forum rule the above might break so I can give you a warning for even suggesting it!

for the record, no Gooner shirt does not mean Id be nud_e :) I do have other clothes you know...... HAHAHA

• 2 weeks later...

well from talking to a couple of mates back home, they think wenger is going to make a move for buffon(juve)

possibly toure(barca).

plus two reports over the last weeks in the tabloids, that there have been talks going on with arteta(everton) and wright-phillips(city)

seems like hes desperate to get a couple of new signings before the value of some players goes up after the world cup.

well from talking to a couple of mates back home, they think wenger is going to make a move for buffon(juve)

possibly toure(barca).

plus two reports over the last weeks in the tabloids, that there have been talks going on with arteta(everton) and wright-phillips(city)

seems like hes desperate to get a couple of new signings before the value of some players goes up after the world cup.

You don't want to be changing your keepers, they're great :D I don't think AW is going to be doing much until he is confident of where Fabregas will be playing next season :)

possibly toure(barca).

You don't want to be changing your keepers, they're great :D I don't think AW is going to be doing much until he is confident of where Fabregas will be playing next season :)

they also said that fabianski is believed to be unhappy at the arsenal, and has put in a tranfer request. after having secret talks with spurs last saturday morning :D:D

p.s. i thought you lot didnt do any form of business/work on the sabbath!

possibly toure(barca).

they also said that fabianski is believed to be unhappy at the arsenal, and has put in a tranfer request. after having secret talks with spurs last saturday morning :D:D

p.s. i thought you lot didnt do any form of business/work on the sabbath!

:D

Your best player is leaving but you will get a nice bit of cash to sink into the market!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...nal/8690067.stm

yep! looks like hes made his mind up, and good luck to him.

the question is though, how much will barca pay for him and will wenger finally get the message, with a bit of pushing from the board and start building a team that can put a decent challenge in at all levels of competition.

any gooners out there that feel that we can go on the same way we have been doing for the past 4-5 years are living in cloud cook-cu land.

the stakes are big and plenty of other clubs out there that are hungry for success. no more falling back and thinking about past victories and acheivements.

probably one, but maybe not the deciding factor of why fabregas wants out.

big mistake! with the likes of fab gone, if you were maybe thinking about a move to the arsenal, would you now be having second thoughts. also what about the domino affect of him leaving. what must the likes of players like van persie, walcott, arshavin, to name few be thinking now?

although i would be the first to admit that one player doesnt make a team.

Edited by tigerfish

Shooosh Tigerfish. You're making too much noise...remember which thread this is :D

I think in Fabregas' case no one's too blame and there's not a particular reason he's going other that he's catalan with the oppotunity to play in a fantastic Barca team. The most you could have done was keep him for one more season, but it appears barca have put their foot down and told him now is the time.

Fear not, you still got Eboue :)

Big Sam's tactics remind me of American Football with regards to the offensive linemen 'holding'.

The saying goes if you hold on every play (which is against the rules) they are not gonna call it every time. It's a numbers game.

I like though how he is able to get under Arsene's skin so easily. :)

Doesnt take much to get under Arsenals skin does it.The fans are a clone of WHINGER too.

Your best player is leaving but you will get a nice bit of cash to sink into the market!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...nal/8690067.stm

yep! looks like hes made his mind up, and good luck to him.

the question is though, how much will barca pay for him and will wenger finally get the message, with a bit of pushing from the board and start building a team that can put a decent challenge in at all levels of competition.

any gooners out there that feel that we can go on the same way we have been doing for the past 4-5 years are living in cloud cook-cu land.

the stakes are big and plenty of other clubs out there that are hungry for success. no more falling back and thinking about past victories and acheivements.

probably one, but maybe not the deciding factor of why fabregas wants out.

big mistake! with the likes of fab gone, if you were maybe thinking about a move to the arsenal, would you now be having second thoughts. also what about the domino affect of him leaving. what must the likes of players like van persie, walcott, arshavin, to name few be thinking now?

although i would be the first to admit that one player doesnt make a team.

How did i guess you were an Arsenal fan lol.After reading a few posts from you,i would have guessed you are a gooner and from Bangkok hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehhe.Your glass is always half empty aint it.

Fabregas has always made it known that playing for Barca is a life dream of his

yes I wouldnt want to lose him from the team....but this is part of football. People come and go

He will definitely be missed, but of course life goes on.....Arsene will need a few new key players - defense has been clumsy at best. While Campbell has his heart in the game, he is not fast enough anymore, and the goalkeepers - well.

but as with any team, key word being 'team' - old faces depart, but new ones take their place.

(although have to admit - I do miss the days of Tony Adams, Seaman, Keown etc)

Bring in Mourinho and get back to the 1-0 wins of old...no messing football.

I always suspected you lot preferred it this way...and now you've confirmed it...Cheers!

:)

Bring in Mourinho and get back to the 1-0 wins of old...no messing football.

I always suspected you lot preferred it this way...and now you've confirmed it...Cheers!

:)

I too am amazed that any Arsenal fan would miss those boring days of solid but totally uninspiring football. Sooner slash my wrists than watch a rerun of the old Arsenal.

I never found their games uninspiring

but watching the defense blunder and give away goals is certainly not the way to win games :)

and yes this fair weather fan will still watch all our games no matter how many of them we lose..... :D

There could be a major boardroom shake-up at Arsenal. The biggest in its history.

Lady Nina Bracewell Smith, who owns about 15% of the club's shares and is therefore vital to any negotiation or takeover, is now selling her stake. But she hasn't offered them in a block to to Stan Kroenke or to Alisher Usmanov, which was expected. She's flogging them on the open market via a broker. The share price is set extremely high, but most analysts are saying they're still pretty good value.

If she does sell successfully, it could cause a stampede of smaller shareholders to flog theirs too. And if Kroenke was to sell his at the the same high price, he would have made nearly 50% on his investment inside three years!!! At the end of the day he is a businessman, as is Ushmanov, so they might both decide to sell. That would leave it open for anyone to come in buy the club; there would potentially be about 50% of the ownership on the open market!

Fortunately, it won't be the Glazers or those silly buggers who bought Liverpool, or anyone like them. The new buyer has to have the actual cash, not promises.

So who? After the Dubai World fiasco and the fact that Man City didn't do nearly as well as quickly as was hoped for, the Arabs aren't quite so keen this year. And everyone in Europe's skint.

Hang on, I think that's a call - Beijing on line one.

Oh and by the way, according to the report I read, Arsenal are now so dam_n loaded, even though they're insisting on getting at least 40m for Cesc (and he's worth every penny as well) it's neither here nor there. And still Arsene won't get the chequebook out.

Doh!

There could be a major boardroom shake-up at Arsenal. The biggest in its history.

Lady Nina Bracewell Smith, who owns about 15% of the club's shares and is therefore vital to any negotiation or takeover, is now selling her stake. But she hasn't offered them in a block to to Stan Kroenke or to Alisher Usmanov, which was expected. She's flogging them on the open market via a broker. The share price is set extremely high, but most analysts are saying they're still pretty good value.

If she does sell successfully, it could cause a stampede of smaller shareholders to flog theirs too. And if Kroenke was to sell his at the the same high price, he would have made nearly 50% on his investment inside three years!!! At the end of the day he is a businessman, as is Ushmanov, so they might both decide to sell. That would leave it open for anyone to come in buy the club; there would potentially be about 50% of the ownership on the open market!

Fortunately, it won't be the Glazers or those silly buggers who bought Liverpool, or anyone like them. The new buyer has to have the actual cash, not promises.

So who? After the Dubai World fiasco and the fact that Man City didn't do nearly as well as quickly as was hoped for, the Arabs aren't quite so keen this year. And everyone in Europe's skint.

Hang on, I think that's a call - Beijing on line one.

Oh and by the way, according to the report I read, Arsenal are now so dam_n loaded, even though they're insisting on getting at least 40m for Cesc (and he's worth every penny as well) it's neither here nor there. And still Arsene won't get the chequebook out.

Doh!

blimey?? that was all quite contraversial, in fact it even got my attention for a coupla seconds :)

for the record, he is NOT French HAHA

Moroccan Chamakh joins Arsenal :)

meanwhile, Fabregas is still a bit unclear. but I read somewhere that Arsenal have put a tag of 80million pounds? to show we dont want to lose him

HAHA I had to read again too

from the Daily Mail.......Im not English, and cant remember what the Brits think of that news channel?

• 3 weeks later...

I find this hard to believe... but...

Revealed: Joe Cole has signed a contract to join Arsenal after World Cup 2010

* Deal agreed in principal before player flew out to the World Cup

* England midfielder's move will be completed if he passes full medical

* Three-year, £80,000-a-week contract laden with incentives

10 Jun 2010 08:07:00

[/url]By Wayne Veysey | Chief correspondent

England midfielder Joe Cole has signed a contract to join Arsenal, Goal.com UK can reveal.

The midfielder put pen to paper on an £80,000-a-week, three-year deal before flying out to South Africa with England’s World Cup squad.

The sensational free transfer has been kept under wraps by both parties because the agreement is dependent on Cole being able to prove his fitness when he returns from the World Cup.

35283_hp.jpg

MORE...

Goal.com UK understands that Cole was put through his paces in a basic medical on Monday of last week, which was enough to convince manager Arsene Wenger to tie him to a deal that wards off other clubs.

But, in order to insure themselves from the England midfielder suffering a serious injury on World Cup duty, Arsenal insisted on inserting a clause that means Cole must pass a more stringent, full medical when he returns from South Africa for the deal to be officially completed.

The move has ended Tottenham, Manchester United, Manchester City and Liverpool’s hopes of signing one of the most coveted free agents on the market this summer.

Despite mixed messages from Harry Redknapp over the past week about making a move for Cole, it is understood that the player had talks with Spurs but did not receive an offer.

Wenger is a huge admirer of Cole’s technical skills and ability to play in any of the three advanced midfield positions in his favoured 4-2-3-1 formation.

The Arsenal manager’s only concerns were Cole’s wage demands and long-term fitness. The 28-year-old missed most of 2009 with knee ligament damage and has not completed a full competitive 90 minutes since February.

23868_hp.jpg

"I like Joe Cole - whenever he played against us he did a lot of damage" Although Cole will join second-tier earners Robin van Persie, Andrey Arshavin and William Gallas – in the unlikely event the Frenchman stays - as one of the best-paid players at Emirates Stadium, he will still be a long way short of captain Cesc Fabregas, who is on £110,000-a-week.

Arsenal made it clear in contract talks with Cole’s camp last week that they were unwilling to shatter their salary structure for a player with a chequered recent fitness record.

But the deal will include performance-related bonuses triggered by getting in the top four, winning the Premier League or the Champions League.

Ironically, part of the reason Chelsea let the midfielder go was because they would not bow to Cole’s demands for a 50 per cent hike on the £80,000-a-week he was earning at Stamford Bridge. The Premier League champions made one offer midway through the season which was rejected, and there has been no further offer made.

Cole’s signing is viewed by Arsenal in a similar way to the deal that brought Sol Campbell from Tottenham in 2001.

The club are willing to sanction such high-level wages because the deal does not involve a transfer fee and there is hope that Cole’s vast international experience and seven years spent with serial winners Chelsea will rub off on a dressing room that has not won a trophy in five years.

It is also a populist move because it increases the English contingent in a squad that has only one home-grown regular first-teamer in Theo Walcott.

• 1 month later...

Migsy, I didnt watch the video - has he signed? Apparently not the most liked member of the French Team - but a replacement for Cesc who I saw today sporting a Barca shirt while celebrating victory over the Dutch (are you over that yet btw?)

Migsy, I didnt watch the video - has he signed? Apparently not the most liked member of the French Team - but a replacement for Cesc who I saw today sporting a Barca shirt while celebrating victory over the Dutch (are you over that yet btw?)

fabregas was by all accounts forced by his spanish teams mate(puyol and pique) both from the barca club to wear the shirt.

no done deal yet james!

personally id be more worried about whats going on at your own club and the state its in, if i were you. whistling.gif

Edited by tigerfish

ofcourse im not over the WC result, and hence the need to turn my attention now back on Arsenal

(my facebook status says: disappointed, dejected and depressed. In short - devastated!. what it should infact say is: disappointed, dejected, depressed and devastated! In short - Dutch! :( )

and the rumours on Cesc continue

Barcelona prepare final £40 million offer for Arsenal's Cesc Fabregas

Wenger - Cesc stories have to stop

By Richard Clarke

Arsène Wenger insists that the stories surrounding Cesc Fabregas moving to Barcelona have to stop. The Spanish midfielder has been consistently linked with a move to the Nou Camp throughout the summer. Arsenal put out a strongly-worded statement when the issue first arose but the story has just not gone away.

Speaking after Saturday's 4-0 victory over Barnet, Wenger re-affirmed his desire to keep Fabregas and outlined that he and Sandro Rosell, the new Barca president, had found a common understanding.

"There was a lot of unneeded talk," he said. "It is not pleasant to read this every day. Now, the story has to stop. "Cesc is our captain, he is so important to us and we want to keep him, that is why we were not listening to any offers."

full story at Arsenal.com