Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

3 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Should Nicola Sturgeon not be going with Liam Fax to the USA and Canada.

In the USA, he will visit Starbucks and will meet representatives from Scottish whisky distillers, Balvenie as both companies continue to export across the globe.

After all he is meeting with representatives from one of Scotland's biggest exports and I don't mean Starbucks.

I think I'll go too!

2 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

So at the time of WW2 would you have been fighting against nationalism (Churchill)?

Perhaps you would have been in the Neville Chamberlain camp, fighting tooth and nail to appease Hitler.

(I hate Godwin's Law)

A as I suspected, Brexiteer who doesn't know what nationalism is or appeasement come to that. I suspect youyou would have been ripe for sucking into the blackshirts.

The thing about the real study of history is we can learn from it, but those who think that sound bites are sufficient are ripe for manipulation in the same old tired way.

BTW  I think you should review the origins of Godwins law too....or try "reductio ad Hitlerum" for a change.....either way I'd learn about the expression before using it.

• Confused 1

I'm still convinced Brexit dies a little every day ( much like it's supporters) .

How it will end I don't know - maybe it's going to be like the end of the Lord of the Rings. The gestalt entity of Boris, Rees-Mogg, Davis and Fox etc. will plunge into the flames all the while clutching their Brexit prize. Even while gazing lovingly at it and gleefully shouting "Brexit, Brexit!" they will be consumed by the flames.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, tebee said:

I'm still convinced Brexit dies a little every day ( much like it's supporters) .

How it will end I don't know - maybe it's going to be like the end of the Lord of the Rings. The gestalt entity of Boris, Rees-Mogg, Davis and Fox etc. will plunge into the flames all the while clutching their Brexit prize. Even while gazing lovingly at it and gleefully shouting "Brexit, Brexit!" they will be consumed by the flames.

tebee or not tebee?  I expect you're half right or half wrong..but its 4:30 am

get some zzzs in!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, talahtnut said:

tebee or not tebee?  I expect you're half right or half wrong..but its 4:30 am

get some zzzs in!

Wish I could ! am at the age were I wake up too many times in the night to go to the loo, now can't get back to sleep so lurking here, trying to get too bored to reply and lull myself back to sleep... 

59 minutes ago, F4UCorsair said:

Exactly right, nobody voted for chaos because that question wasn't asked.   

The question asked whether voters were in favor of an exit or remaining, and the 'exit' vote won the day.

hence the chaos but one never knows, the British are famous for muddling through if only because they have a few good people where it matters.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, F4UCorsair said:

Not every contingency can be envisaged, but one that can is that losers don't like losing.   

If the losing side accepted the democratic outcome of the vote, any apparent chaos would be reduced by 95%.....at least.   It is they who are creating the chaos.

So if they accepted it and the chaos was reduced, then afterwards they could all go down the economics toilet together, that doesn't sound good.

• Confused 1

There are degrees of stupidity and pain and a hard Brexit would be the pinnacle of them. At least, if we are to do this thing it seems we're going to do it in a fairly sensible way, logical even!

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

So if they accepted it and the chaos was reduced, then afterwards they could all go down the economics toilet together, that doesn't sound good.

That won't happen.

Are you suggesting that those who voted against are the fonts of all economic knowledge?

Edited by F4UCorsair

3 hours ago, tebee said:

Maybe we could take it bit by bit.  Maybe the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man could leave the EU first.  Then some of the English extremities - perhaps the Scilly Isles, the Isle of Wight, the Isle of Dogs, and gradually extend the border, once solutions to the issues that arise are worked out.

4 minutes ago, F4UCorsair said:

That won't happen.

Are hyousuggesting that those who voted against are the fonts of all economic knowledge?

Voter demographics indicate an element of that:

"According to these results, areas where more residents had higher education skewed sharply to Remain, while areas where a more had no formal qualifications were slightly more likely to vote Leave".

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/staggers/2016/06/how-did-different-demographic-groups-vote-eu-referendum

LAUNCH ALERT....don steel hats and head for cover, multiple missile launches detected..

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, F4UCorsair said:

Perhaps a 'large percentage of the population feel that leaving is the wrong decision', but a larger percentage voted to leave.

End of story.....democratic process and all.

as is resistance within the law. End of story is when parliament accepts the outcome of the negotiations, not before.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, F4UCorsair said:

That won't happen.

Are you suggesting that those who voted against are the fonts of all economic knowledge?

If we left it to economists to vote on Brexit, the result would have been a ressounding REMAIN.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, tebee said:

Yes, but it looks like we are muddling through by by not really brexiting, just leaving in name only. A symbolic gesture, but at great cost. We have all the expense of being a member, but no influence and all the additional  costs creating the new environment. Some businesses will leave anyway and  many skilled people will relocate because of the uncertainty. 

The whole thing will end up being a terrific waste of time and money. 

"Yes, but it looks like we are muddling through by by not really brexiting, just leaving in name only."

"The whole thing will end up being a terrific waste of time and money. "

Sadly, I agree with these points.  Very few uk politicians have any desire to leave the eu, and they will do their best to ensure the above. :sad:

3 hours ago, Airbagwill said:

If we left it to economists to vote on Brexit, the result would have been a ressounding REMAIN.

6 minutes ago, F4UCorsair said:

Bold statement but no evidence to support it

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Most economists still pessimistic about effects of Brexit https://www.ft.com/content/c2b0359e-d0dc-11e6-b06b-680c49b4b4c0 via @financialtimes

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

Most economists appreciate that there is more to life than money, and poverty is a small price to pay for being British.

poverty is a small price to pay for being British".

Priceless, this should be framed.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, transam said:

And what happened after a broke WW2 UK....?

You're really drawing a parallel between the UK fighting Hitler and the Nazi's and Brexit, wow, that's pretty desperate!

• Sad 1