Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

12 hours ago, aright said:

Are you really advocating that sought of clout.

The EU Ceta deal would have eliminated 98% of the tariffs between the EU and Canada and would have saved the EU 500 million euros annually . 27 of the member states were for it . The population of Wallonia 3.6 million denied the population of the EU 500 million the benefits of that deal.

Is this your sort of governance and democracy? 

Of course not, so do not twist my words to suggest something contrary in order to make a cheap dig.

It was stated that Scotland in the EU would have no powers  I give you an example which proves that small countries can have a large impact.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

In the surreal world inhabited by remainers, the 28% who did not vote, abstained or were just too lazy to vote were remainers ??

Ergo, we should remain in the EU.

Please don’t throw percentages and facts at the intelligentsia, it will only serve to discombobulate them.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, The Renegade said:

My My My, showing your ignorance again. Wallonia has no clout in the EU, where it had its clout was within Belgium, when the Belgium Government voted on CETA.

100 lines

Must try harder.

Well even a BVreexiteer such as yourself managed to fill in the dots so I guess the message was basic enough for almost anyone to understand.

But I am glad that you finally accept that a small country in the EU has a lot of clout.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, aright said:

The Belgian government did support the region at the expense of 27 member states who wanted the deal  because of an estimated increase of 20 % in trade as a result of the elimination of 98% of the tariffs. The interests of 0.007% of the EU population prevented a deal which would benefit 500 million people

Belgium's Dutch-speaking Flanders region, Geert Bourgeois, said the blockage was "a real shame"."We're the laughing stock of the whole world," said the centre-right leader, quoted by Reuters news agency. "It's bad for Wallonia, for Flanders, for Belgium, for Europe, for the whole world."

How did Wallonia's stand steer EU policy?

The episode was a total failure of diplomacy and foresight, and should never have got to that stage, but the issue is not about CETA - it is about the ability for small countries within the EU to have significant influence over it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, RuamRudy said:

But I am glad that you finally accept that a small country in the EU has a lot of clout.

Squirm, twist and wriggle.

Your assertion was that a small region of Belgium ( Wallonia ) had clout in the EU

Post 7606

That a tiny region of Belgium, not even the country itself, can put a halt to the EU-Canada trade deal suggests that they have a lot more clout in the EU than Scotland has in the UK

Can you hear that noise ?

That is the sound of you going down in flames. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Disappointing to see that the traditions of Brexiteers misrepresenting the truth - or simply inventing their own reality haven't gone away. 

Have you now converted to leave ?

Post 606

That a tiny region of Belgium, not even the country itself, can put a halt to the EU-Canada trade deal suggests that they have a lot more clout in the EU than Scotland has in the UK

37 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

That tiny region that you mention ( Wallonia ) is not Belgium and it is not a small Country in the EU.

You are going down faster than the Belgrano. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

If we were playing Brexit bingo, I think you would have gotten a full house with that post. There aren't many of those well worn motifs you didn't touch upon.

I am not sure that I insulted anyone in my post - did I? You, on the other hand, have made reference to upsetting 'liberals and snowflakes' but, don't worry, I am not so thin skinned.  

To my surprise, this thread has been remarkably free of the G word which, I understand, is considered even more offensive than the N word.

P.S. Yogi mate, please familiarise yourself with the Forum rules - you are not allowed to edit anyone else's post in any way, and that includes making font bold.

Oh thank's for telling me. I don't want to get into any trouble.

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

Have you now converted to leave ?

Post 606

That tiny region that you mention ( Wallonia ) is not Belgium and it is not a small Country in the EU.

You are going down faster than the Belgrano. 

No need to derail this towards the Malvinas and Thatcher's war crimes.

• Confused 1

Did you actually read the article you refer to? Barnier’s position is clear and logical and the only way forward. If you leave the club you cannot at the same time alter the rules of the club.

Like you said: time to stop messing around. And good luck with WTO rules...... Enjoy the jump off the cliff.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Edited by Rimmer
incorrect quote
  • Confused 2