Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

20 minutes ago, aright said:

I think you will find Remainers are a bit sheepish about that.

Do you know how Kiwi's practice safe sex?

They put a cross on the back legs of the ones that kick.

Plenty of new Zealand lamb here in the Netherlands.see some from Northern Ireland now and again.

7 minutes ago, adammike said:

Plenty of new Zealand lamb here in the Netherlands.see some from Northern Ireland now and again.

Indeed I see New Zealand lamb in France too - Though it's not hugely popular as it's all frozen and the French, being French, prefer fresh. 

So what is stopping it being sold in UK?

1 minute ago, tebee said:

Indeed I see New Zealand lamb in France too - Though it's not hugely popular as it's all frozen and the French, being French, prefer fresh. 

So what is stopping it being sold in UK?

Nothing it is readily available in the UK

1 hour ago, nontabury said:

So let’s sacrifice those millions of British workers who actually live and work in the U.K. in order that the few who work in the E.U. Can perhaps prosper.

”oh” I nearly forgot, you could also have mentioned how advantages the open boarder policy is, in allowing nearly half a million Romanians and Bulgarians to enter the U.K. in order to either undercut the local workforce or to increase the number of foreign criminals, that we are now plagued with.

So tell me, how are these Great British people who can't compete with a bunch of linguistically challenged East Europeans going to survive when our import barriers are demolished to allow in the cheapest, most hazardous goods the world can offer? Better buy an even bigger TV now while you still can

Edited by Grouse

1 hour ago, candide said:

Such as being able to prevent China from forcing UK companies to transfer technologies to Chinese counterparts if they want to succeed in China? Dream on!

Why do you think China can force us to do anything? We are an independent country - or at least we will be once we lose the shackles of the EU.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Grouse said:

So tell me, how are these Great British people who can't compete with a bunch of linguistically challenged East Europeans going to survive when our import barriers are demolished to allow in the cheapest, most hazardous goods the world can offer? Better buy an even bigger TV now while you still can

Do not ask so difficult questions.

Every brexiteer knows that the Uk is out in 10 months and that afterwards the paradise awaits them.

This is a little bit similar to the case of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Edited by tomacht8
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

Except we don’t go round remoaners houses trying to ram the fact down their throats....?

True. I forgot , what was the name of the sekt with the red bus?

Sorry i only joking.

You should never scoff at the harm of others.

1 hour ago, tomacht8 said:

Do not ask so difficult questions.

Every brexiteer knows that the Uk is out in 10 months and that afterwards the paradise awaits them.

This is a little bit similar to the case of Jehovah's Witnesses.

You forgot the 72 virgins waiting for each male brexiteer! ?

Saying Brexit will make us poorer:

97%  of academics
ALL of big business (CBI)

The TUC
Every former PM alive
IMF
World Bank
Every major bank
HM Treasury

Saying Brexit is great:

Boris Johnson (proven liar)
Nigel Farage (proven liar)
J Mogg (proven liar)
Steve Baker (proven liar)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CG1 Blue said:

Why do you think China can force us to do anything? We are an independent country - or at least we will be once we lose the shackles of the EU.

It is what actually is happening now. Trump may be able to avoid it for US firms (my God! I do agree with Trump for once). Do you think small UK will be more convincing?

I can imagine negotiations between small UK and big China: UK representative talking "you give us access to a market of 1.4 billion consumers, and in exchange we give you access to a market of 66 million consumers! But you are not allowed to force British firms to transfer technologies to Chinese firms or to impose any other condition!" Lol. ?

Disagree somewhat.

The terminology changed somewhere ( Lisbon Treaty ? ) from

'' Free movement of workers '' to '' The free movement of peoples '' 2 very different things.

Having said that, criminal records checks at the very least should be compulsory.

The term ‘free movement of people’ was around long before the Lisbon Treaty, indeed it was the first aim stated at the Paris Summit back in 1972 where Edward Heath represented the U.K. as a soon to join member.

“1. The Member States reaffirm their determination to base the development of their Community on democracy, freedom of opinion, the free movement of people and of ideas and participation by their peoples through their freely elected representatives;”

https://www.cvce.eu/content/publication/1999/1/1/b1dd3d57-5f31-4796-85c3-cfd2210d6901/publishable_en.pdf

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

31 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

I can understand this coming from a remainer - with the tendency to be subservient and accepting of bad deals for the UK. Thankfully history has proved we can more than punch above our weight.

Once we regain control our government will do what's best for the UK - or they will be voted out.

The general rule is that the biggest ones have more negotiating power than the smallest ones. It has been verified in most cases over time.

Of course, there are always exceptions to general rules. However, it seems that most arguments for a hard Brexit are based on the assumption that exceptions to general rules will prevail, instead of the generally expected outcome. I can understand that small countries want to believe in exceptions, but what if the big countries don't want to believe in exceptions?

Edited by candide

1 hour ago, tebee said:

Saying Brexit will make us poorer:

97%  of academics
ALL of big business (CBI)

The TUC
Every former PM alive
IMF
World Bank
Every major bank
HM Treasury

Saying Brexit is great:

Boris Johnson (proven liar)
Nigel Farage (proven liar)
J Mogg (proven liar)
Steve Baker (proven liar)

It's different this time.  Anyway, we've had enough of people who know what they're talking about, who've read books, who think before they speak.  It's our turn now.

Other people being clever never did me any good.  Let's see what happens when we rely on other people being mendacious cretins.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1