Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

2 minutes ago, transam said:

They are charging their dodgy folk cash to fix immigration questions....Some really must watch YouTube UK immigration stuff...

Which programmes do you recommend? I'll take a look

31 minutes ago, Swimman said:

Oh dear --- There are still more applicants than available places and if you check carefully there has been a fall in the number of applicants for most(all) types of course, not just nursing! 

More applicants than places, yes, but 3% less enrollments than last year.   Oh dear!

11 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Im lost here. Some Brits cant take their Thai Wives home because they have not enough money to support them. If so they got something right. The Man can go back alone amd get hadouts i suppose.?.

Brits have ways and means too, here and in UK..nothing is impossible.

14 minutes ago, tebee said:

She doesn't need any false documents , as an EU national working in another EU country she has an automatic right to family reunification. 

Simmerly as a British national living in France I have an automatic right to bring my thai wife and stepson there.

It's the British government that is mean and nasty with it's own citizens because it can be. 

"

Simmerly as a British national living in France I have an automatic right to bring my thai wife and stepson there."

She only has automatic right if she has the correct visa and you can meet the financial requirements and provide her with adequate medical insurance.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, vogie said:

"

Simmerly as a British national living in France I have an automatic right to bring my thai wife and stepson there."

She only has automatic right if she has the correct visa and you can meet the financial requirements and provide her with adequate medical insurance.

Nope she can move to France on a Schengen tourist visa and apply in country for a permanent one.

No financial requirement other than i have to be working or self employed.

She is covered by the state medical insurance as my wife - gets a card in her own right automatically  

5 minutes ago, Grouse said:

I think many feel that it is inequitable that EU spouses have much easier access to the UK than others. I agree. (My wife doesn't like the UK, or Germany, or me!)

Yes but it's equally easy for a UK citizen to take their wife to another UK country - you just have to be prepared to move in the first place. 

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Which programmes do you recommend? I'll take a look

UK Boarder Force 1&2 on YouTube...I have watched them all, there is no fixing just a film crew tagging along...Was a big learning curve for me n how stuff is "fixed" to get into the UK, the dodges, the "colleges" that are "fixing" stuff for cash...A big problem that the UK is spending zillions to sort.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, tebee said:

Nope she can move to France on a Schengen tourist visa and apply in country for a permanent one.

No financial requirement other than i have to be working or self employed.

She is covered by the state medical insurance as my wife - gets a card in her own right automatically  

Can you provide a link to your post.

When my wife chose to live with me in France I had to show the Prefecture the means of how I would support her and get medical insurance for her too.

Have you first hand experience of this?

11 minutes ago, vogie said:

"

https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/surinder-singh

Easy to get a Thai wife into EU then see attached.As I say, its inequitable. I trust the EU more than UK governments

Yes have done it - did have a few problems and at one point had to get Solvit involved.

Problem in France is that immigration is one thing that is devolved out to the regions  so each prefecture may have it's own rules which may or may not conform to EU rules.

9 minutes ago, vogie said:

Can you provide a link to your post.

When my wife chose to live with me in France I had to show the Prefecture the means of how I would support her and get medical insurance for her too.

Have you first hand experience of this?

It was easy for Germany

just fill out a Verpflichtungs  Eklarung (sorry for spelling). Which declares that you take responsibility and stamped by your employer. 

Edited by Grouse

2 minutes ago, Grouse said:

It was easy for Germany

just fill out a Pferflichtungs  Eklarung (sorry for spelling). Which declares that you take responsibility and stamped by your employer. 

The French are undoubtably more beaurocratic.

1 minute ago, Grouse said:

Easy to get a Thai wife into EU then see attached.As I say, its inequitable. I trust the EU more than UK governments

Yes and indeed we used that rule to visit the UK without further visas a couple of days after the UK changed the rules to match the Law. Was just a 2 week trip but we would have had every right to stay if we wanted.

7 minutes ago, tebee said:

Yes have done it - did have a few problems and at one point had to get Solvit involved.

Problem in France is that immigration is one thing that is devolved out to the regions  so each prefecture may have it's own rules which may or may not conform to EU rules.

Same in Germany

24 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

More applicants than places, yes, but 3% less enrollments than last year.   Oh dear!

Please name the universities who failed to fill all their available nursing degree course places 

9 minutes ago, tebee said:

Did you have to show the means of how you would support her or what would happen if she developed a medical condition, would the French pay for her, no questions asked?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vogie said:

Did you have to show the means of how you would support her or what would happen if she developed a medical condition, would the French pay for her, no questions asked?

No, just had to prove I was self employed.

She has her own carte vitale so can go to dr when ever she wants 

6 minutes ago, vogie said:

If you are a worker
If you are working in another EU country, as an employee, self-employed or on a posting, your non-EU spouse, dependent children and grandchildren can stay there with you without having to meet any other conditions.

From https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/residence/family-residence-rights/non-eu-wife-husband-children/index_en.htm

13 minutes ago, Grouse said:

It was easy for Germany

just fill out a Verpflichtungs  Eklarung (sorry for spelling). Which declares that you take responsibility and stamped by your employer. 

Can you get a Grant to dig up your old employer and his little stamp. Most pisters are retired here, or if not should be,or they wont earn enough here to retire in comfort.

1 minute ago, tebee said:

No, just had to prove I was self employed.

She has her own carte vitale so can go to dr when ever she wants 

So I think it would be fair to say that your circumstances will not be the same as other peoples circumstances, and what met your criteria may not meet other peoples.

Did she get her Carte Vitale by you being self employed, I retired to France when I was about 55 and would have had to wait till I was 60 before I was entitled to the Carte. All medical bills I had to pay full whack. I think I'm correct in saying that the French Gov only pays a percentage of its French citisens medical expensives, the french have to make it up the full amount by their private insurance.

17 minutes ago, Grouse said:

It is not the Surinder Singh ruling which allows a, for example, British citizen to live in France with their Thai wife, it is the EU Freedom of Movement Directive.

However, the directive does not apply when the EU national is living in, or moving from outside the EU to, the member state of which they are a citizen. In such cases their non EU national family member, e.g. spouse, has to apply under and meet the conditions of the immigration law of their home country. So, for example, a Frenchman living in Thailand who wishes to return to France with his Thai wife would have to meet the requirements of the French immigration rules; whatever they may be, just as a Brit doing the same has to meet the requirements of the UK rules (or to be pedantic, their wives do!).

The Surinder Singh ruling means that the qualifying family member of an EU national who has been living with the EU national while they have been exercising a treaty right in a member state other than that of which the EU national is a citizen can use the directive to enter their family members home state when said EU national returns home.

Of course, as far as the UK is concerned none of this is likely to apply post Brexit as once we have left the EU we will no longer be subject to the directive. One hopes that British citizens currently exercising a treaty right in another member sate will retain their rights after Brexit, and vice versa, but I doubt very much that the directive will still apply to newbies.

Why should it? Leaving the EU means leaving, we can't dump the bits we don't like and keep the bits we do: even though that seems to be what many Brexiteers want!

That includes those Brits and their non EU family currently living in another member state so they can later use Surinder Singh to live in the UK. Will they still be able to do so after Brexit? Who knows.

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

I think it should be a human right to bring a spouse to live in the U.K. with you. However, they would have to leave after divorce; citizenship after 10 years?

No problem with the first sentence but the second raises a moral issue. In the event of a divorce if the court rules that fault lay with the British passport holder, unreasonable behavior, whatever, imo  it's reasonable that the foreign national be allowed to stay. The real bind is if the couple have British born children, or foreign born ,come to think of it, deporting a parent  punishes the children. 

Citizenship.......after 5 years but need to demonstrate  language and history assimilation. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, vogie said:

So I think it would be fair to say that your circumstances will not be the same as other peoples circumstances, and what met your criteria may not meet other peoples.

Did she get her Carte Vitale by you being self employed, I retired to France when I was about 55 and would have had to wait till I was 60 before I was entitled to the Carte. All medical bills I had to pay full whack. I think I'm correct in saying that the French Gov only pays a percentage of its French citisens medical expensives, the french have to make it up the full amount by their private insurance.

Ah yes, you only get 40-60%, but you get full cover if you have to go into hospital for something major. You can get a Mutual to cover the difference and get a better room in hospital if you want.

Too late for you now, but the trick is, if you early retire there, start up a little part time business under the Auto Entrepreneur scheme . Can just be selling on Ebay or something. You then become a worker and subject to EU law and can get state  health cover from day 1. I brought my wife there under EU law, you were doing it under French law. Very much like the people who want to bring their wives to the UK.

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 4:58 PM, CG1 Blue said:

I love it when Indians and people from other ethnic groups are proudly patriotic like this. It's multi-culturism and lack of integration that's a problem in the UK.  If every immigrant was a proud Brit like this fella we wouldn't have so many problems. I'll even forgive him for being Scottish...

One of the issues people have with EU migrants from Eastern Europe is that most of them are just here temporarily to earn as much as possible, then take the earnings back to their home nation. They have no need to lay down roots or integrate with the locals. That's fine if it's on a small scale, but not at the levels we've seen over the past 10-15 years.

That man's a Sikh, i wouldn't call him an Indian........ there's a difference....... Sikhs were loyal, Indians were not....... "Tales of the Raj"