Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

8 hours ago, bristolboy said:

And what is the net contribution of the UK to the EU. I'll give you a hint: It doesn't amount to much more than a rounding error in terms of the budgets of Germany or France. Put just those 2 budgets together and it's ludicrously small. Add in the rest of the budgets of the net contributors and it's infinitesimal.

You might need to check your facts bristolboy.

The UK net contribution is around 10bn, or 14% of the entire EU budget.  Hardly a 'rounding error'.

I believe Germany and France contribute 19% and 16% respectively.

• Like 2

Farage should be made a Knight and the EU ( The fouth reich) should be very careful they don't bring on another session of "Let's flatten Germany. "   The only problem we have now is the bunch of shysters in government who are trying to scupper the will of the democratic majority........ Out means out, and i'm fecked if i'm going to be governed any longer by a bunch of surrender monkeys from Europe.... Sold down the river by that Pedo Ted Heath to carry on his nasty little business on Jersey......... orchestrated by the EU ( Germany).........

• Like 2

Farage should be made a Knight and the EU ( The fouth reich) should be very careful they don't bring on another session of "Let's flatten Germany. "   The only problem we have now is the bunch of shysters in government who are trying to scupper the will of the democratic majority........ Out means out, and i'm fecked if i'm going to be governed any longer by a bunch of surrender monkeys from Europe.... Sold down the river by that Pedo Ted Heath to carry on his nasty little business on Jersey......... orchestrated by the EU ( Germany).........
Correct..just google..' the blair miranda "

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

The UK net contribution is around 10bn, or 14% of the entire EU budget.  Hardly a 'rounding error'.

I was referring quite clearly to the budgets of Germany and France. The 2017 federal budget of Germany was 329 billion euros. The 2017 budget of France was about 520 billion Euros. Throw in the budget of the other net contributors and you'r talking about a trillion euros more or less. So the net UK contribution amounts to about 1 percent of that. 

10 minutes ago, nontabury said:

I beleive that the UK is the 2nd or 3rd largest contributor to Brussels. And as you know most of the other countries do not contribute at all. Therefore in regards to the E.U budget, it’s a very significant amount.

However disregarding our contributions.So why are they so determined that we remain in this so called union?

I think they're prepared to see the UK go. But they are determned not to let the UK enjoy the privileges of membership whilst escaping the obligations.

Edited by bristolboy

1 hour ago, CG1 Blue said:

Except the French recover nearly all theirs as due to the Uncommon Agricultural Policy divvy. :shock1: 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SupermarineS6B said:

The deeper you get into Blair, Saville and especially Heath, you begin to understand how these lot were controlled to do all kinds of dirty work.... Heath was compromised by German Intelligence in the thirties when the Germans ran all the knocking shops and little boy clubs in England to ensnare deviants like Heath for further use.... The boys home in Jersey where Heath was abusing children and murdering them was financed from Germany...... 2+2 =     

This site attracts some strange people. You haven't started with the moon landings or flat earth yet, I suppose the lizard people are a bit much even for you.

• Haha 1

So we are not going to get a deal unless we sort out the Irish border.

" if there is no settlement of the Irish question, there will be no withdrawal agreement and if there is no withdrawal agreement, there will be no transmission period."

So what is the chances of us being able to do this ?

http://eureferendum.com/blogview.aspx?blogno=86851

16 hours ago, bristolboy said:

I was referring quite clearly to the budgets of Germany and France. The 2017 federal budget of Germany was 329 billion euros. The 2017 budget of France was about 520 billion Euros. Throw in the budget of the other net contributors and you'r talking about a trillion euros more or less. So the net UK contribution amounts to about 1 percent of that. 

Why are you comparing the budgets of Germany and France to the NET CONTRIBUTION of the UK to the EU. It makes no sense whatsoever, if you are to make comparisons, they must be like for like, budget v budget, or net contributions v net contributions; you may as well compare Tesco’s annual turnover with the net profit of Harry’s Newsagent in Skelmersdale

It is also a good idea to remember that a budget is a projection of intended  spending, and that the European commission has said that France’s fiscal plans for 2018 were at risk of not meeting the EU’s debt reduction target next year, and its efforts to shrink its structural deficit were falling short over the next two years.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Why are you comparing the budgets of Germany and France to the NET CONTRIBUTION of the UK to the EU. It makes no sense whatsoever, if you are to make comparisons, they must be like for like, budget v budget, or net contributions v net contributions; you may as well compare Tesco’s annual turnover with the net profit of Harry’s Newsagent in Skelmersdale

It is also a good idea to remember that a budget is a projection of intended  spending, and that the European commission has said that France’s fiscal plans for 2018 were at risk of not meeting the EU’s debt reduction target next year, and its efforts to shrink its structural deficit were falling short over the next two years.

I'm citing their budget to show how small a number the UK's net contribution to the EU is in real terms and how easily the lack of funds created by UK withdrawal would be to pay. In other words, I'm talking about the real world. It's very little money in terms of the size of the rest of the EU economy and how much taxes are paid. The way Brexiters go on about it you would think that the loss pf UK payments represents some kind of major disaster for the EU.

As for the French budget,  France has gotten such warnings before and has yet to be penalized. In addition, in 2017  France actually did better than the projections of how much it's deficit would be. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

“Why do you tell falsehoods here? Do you think you won't get found out?”

Well, I must say, that’s a bit rich coming from someone that claimed that the UK’s Net contribution to the EU was infinitesimal by comparing it to completely inappropriate and irrelevant criteria. Did you think that you wouldn’t get found out ?

I have given my data and and it is independently verifiable. It's your judgement that it is completely inappropriate and unverifiable. You seem unable to understand that the amount of the British contribution is small potatoes compared to what Germany and France, not to mention other nations, spend each year and is easily affordable even without cutting a bit of the EU budget.

But the fact is nauseus provided information that is verifiably false. No judgment call can change that.

7 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

No, you were asking what is the net contribution of the UK to the EU. You then tried to belittle the UK’s contribution, calling it infinitesimal, by comparing it with the budgets of Germany and France, which is a ludicrous comparison. Maybe you do not understand the difference between a country’s net contribution to the EU and a country’s budget.

Maybe you do understand and are just not prepared to admit that it was a completely senseless comparison.

In case you’ve forgotten, this is what you wrote.   

“And what is the net contribution of the UK to the EU. I'll give you a hint: It doesn't amount to much more than a rounding error in terms of the budgets of Germany or France. Put just those 2 budgets together and it's ludicrously small. Add in the rest of the budgets of the net contributors and it's infinitesimal”

Once again, and this is the last time I will try to explain it to you. Paying the shortfall created by the British exit is an easy matter for nations the size of Germany and France. And thanks for quoting me. If you'll note I wrote "the budgets of Germany and France" I didn't write the payments of Germany and France to the EU. Or do you think that Germany's payments to the EU and France's payments to the EU are 'budgets". Do you know what "budget" means? 

Edited by bristolboy

Just now, Eloquent pilgrim said:

What independently verifiable data have you provided to show that the UK’s net contribution to the EU is infinitesimal, when they have been the 3rd or 4th largest net contributor for many years ??

I didn't write that. I can't help you with remedial reading.

25 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Food stamp grabbers? Really?

The areas and demographics where the Brexit vote was won

The decision for the UK to leave the European Union was overwhelmingly supported in parts of England with low income and education levels.

Average educational attainment, median income and social class in English local authorities were the strongest predictors of how residents in that area voted in the referendum. The results indicate that the greater the proportion of residents with a higher education, the more likely a local authority was to vote remain.

Wandsworth, Richmond upon Thames, and Cambridge, where around half of the population has a higher education qualification, all gave over two-thirds of their votes to remain.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2016/jun/24/the-areas-and-demographics-where-the-brexit-vote-was-won

OK then, a group of English fed up with being swamped by emigrant stamp grabbers, still their democratic right.Or isnt that to your dictates .

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

OK then, a group of English fed up with being swamped by emigrant stamp grabbers, still their democratic right.Or isnt that to your dictates .

I see. When you believed "food stamp grabbers" were against Brexit you thought it reflected badly on them. . Not that I've shown that it's the opposite that is the case, you're saying it doesn't matter. Does the phrase "hoist with his own petard" mean anything to you?.. 

• Haha 1