Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

They only let them have the run o' the glens aroond midnight. Used for extra haggis filling on maturity.

Ah! The famous haggis birds! One leg shorter than the other for running around mountains!

13 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Ah! The famous haggis birds! One leg shorter than the other for running around mountains!

Image result for haggis ostrichImage result for haggis ostrich

and the eggs looks like this...

Image result for haggis ostrich

Edited by nauseus
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Of course you can. But the argument was a rerun regarding the net contribution to the EU Budget (by individual members states). It was not about who can absorb what after Brexit. The Bristolian was just being obstructive.

As far as the effect goes we will see, I hope. Against national budgets then, yes, contributions are relatively small. But none of the net gainers will want to lose what they are used to having and the Germans and Dutch (public) don't seem too keen about paying more in either!

FWIW, it's the equivant to a penny on income tax. Can we get back to our beer now?

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

Of course you can. But the argument was a rerun regarding the net contribution to the EU Budget (by individual members states). It was not about who can absorb what after Brexit. The Bristolian was just being obstructive.

As far as the effect goes we will see, I hope. Against national budgets then, yes, contributions are relatively small. But none of the net gainers will want to lose what they are used to having and the Germans and Dutch (public) don't seem too keen about paying more in either!

Bizarre. You bring up CAP. I cite links that show the French were net contributors in 2014 and 2015 (So far I can find nothing for 2016 or 2017). You produce statistics that in no way establish whether or not France was a net contributor to CAP but only that it received a large amount from it. . Yes my characterization of the UK's contribution as infinitesimal compared to the budgets of the major player was hyperbolic ("very small" should be unobjectionable) but nowhere nearly so much as those, and they are numerous on this thread, who predict the death of the EU because the UK's contribution will be lacking, 

4 minutes ago, The manic said:

I looked at the article. Well skimmed it. I didn't see any mention of the Euro. That has been a disaster for a few members of the Eurozone, hurtful to most, and helpful to Germany. Bizarrely enough, the majority of even Greek citizens want to remain in it. Had the Euro project never been established, the EU would be in lot better shape than it is today. I just wish the UK had never adopted it. Oh wait...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bristolboy said:

Bizarre. You bring up CAP. I cite links that show the French were net contributors in 2014 and 2015 (So far I can find nothing for 2016 or 2017). You produce statistics that in no way establish whether or not France was a net contributor to CAP but only that it received a large amount from it. . Yes my characterization of the UK's contribution as infinitesimal compared to the budgets of the major player was hyperbolic ("very small" should be unobjectionable) but nowhere nearly so much as those, and they are numerous on this thread, who predict the death of the EU because the UK's contribution will be lacking, 

The

2 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

I looked at the article. Well skimmed it. I didn't see any mention of the Euro. That has been a disaster for a few members of the Eurozone, hurtful to most, and helpful to Germany. Bizarrely enough, the majority of even Greek citizens want to remain in it. Had the Euro project never been established, the EU would be in lot better shape than it is today. I just wish the UK had never adopted it. Oh wait...

How much of UK industry’s export trade is denominated in Euros, Pounds, dollars, other currencies?

Does the Pound vary more or less against the dollar compared to the Euro?

How significant is the effect of fluctuating exchange rates on business?

2 hours ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Hello Grouse, I hope you are well; forgive me for being a little confused by your comment, but I am not quite sure how a probability can be a statistic. ??  ✌️✌️

No, you are quite correct though a little pedantic. The two branches are of course inter-related

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Probability_and_statistics

Please don't turn into another sick sigma....

11 minutes ago, The manic said:

The title of the thread is "Nobody voted for this"...We voted for a common market. not a political union.

Oh no we didn't....

3 minutes ago, The manic said:

The Common market WAS voted for in a referendum. That's what it was called The Common Market. A trading block. Not a political federation.  Try reading the article i posted..It might inform you. We voted for a common market not a European Union. Not a common currency nor the unregulated movement of parasitical gangsters,  thugs and terrorists

Yes indeed.

You also never voted for the industrial revolution.

Just like Europe never voted for the import of British hooliganism.

And I can not remember even the import of Monty Pyton into Belgium.

Evolution can not be stopped.

For good or for bad.

Live with it.

14 minutes ago, The manic said:

The Common market WAS voted for in a referendum. That's what it was called The Common Market. A trading block. Not a political federation.  Try reading the article i posted..It might inform you. We voted for a common market not a European Union. Not a common currency nor the unregulated movement of parasitical gangsters,  thugs and terrorists

You can’t expect to be consulted about every tiny administrative change

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bristolboy said:

The death of the EU won't be caused solely by the UK no longer paying into the club.

But it could be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

And you could have voted straight away when you saw what was happening for the National Front, theUkip or any other fachist / nationalistic party.

No reaction = consent.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

The death of the EU won't be caused solely by the UK no longer paying into the club.

But it could be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

Maybe what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.

When an independent Scotland rejoins the EU, Northern Ireland will rethink its position, and the DUP, tarnished by their role in the betrayal of the democratic mandate handed down by the people of the six counties, will see unionism lose out to unification.

In this world, anything is possible

• Like 1

Just now, StreetCowboy said:

Tiny? You haven't bothered to read the article have you. Mega changes have taken place. . And we demand the right to be consulted on life changing decisions.  Even the remainers have now woken up to the horror of the reality of The Eurostate.

• Like 2

Just now, StreetCowboy said:

Maybe what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.

When an independent Scotland rejoins the EU, Northern Ireland will rethink its position, and the DUP, tarnished by their role in the betrayal of the democratic mandate handed down by the people of the six counties, will see unionism lose out to unification.

In this world, anything is possible

When there is an independent Scotland we can deny them all visas at every level from cabinet to street drunks..good riddance. Get rid of them all. They will be dependent on Eurostan not England.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tiny? You haven't bothered to read the article have you. Mega changes have taken place. . And we demand the right to be consulted on life changing decisions.  Even the remainers have now woken up to the horror of the reality of The Eurostate.

QUOTE: Even the remainers have now woken up to the horror of the reality of The Eurostate.

So you say.

So which decisions do you think should have been subject to referenda?

Which aspects of European policy do you think should be determined by the lay person, and which by our elected government?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, The manic said:

When there is an independent Scotland we can deny them all visas at every level from cabinet to street drunks..good riddance. Get rid of them all. They will be dependent on Eurostan not England.

Any others that you want to get rid off?