Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

4 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Morning all!

TM is now saying we need to remain in the CU after Dec 2021, possibly for 12 months.

She will also appoint 20 new Tory peers undercover of the Royal wedding

Radio 4

Bye, for now! I'll drop in to see if there is some informed discussion later ?

If TM continues on her current route extending the CU to 2023  how far can we be from the chronometer chiming Mogg-o-Clock resulting in a leadership challenge  and likely another General Election.

Who knows which way the Labour party will go on the EU but they will certainly supply the electorate with 5 or 6 years of Marxist fiscal destruction. It would be foolish to rely on the electorate rejecting the least suitable candidate.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, aright said:

If TM continues on her current route extending the CU to 2023  how far can we be from the chronometer chiming Mogg-o-Clock resulting in a leadership challenge  and likely another General Election.

Who knows which way the Labour party will go on the EU but they will certainly supply the electorate with 5 or 6 years of Marxist fiscal destruction. It would be foolish to rely on the electorate rejecting the least suitable candidate.  

Correct! And neither JRM or JC is a joyful prospect ?

We really need to change our FPtP system. We have two extremes, NEITHER having the interests of average people at heart.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

No; the status quo ante has precedence unless there is a super majority. 

Ok, so the status quo ante (before the 2nd referendum) would be we are leaving the EU, having triggered article 50 already. So without a super majority for Remain we carry on then - right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, nontabury said:

Just check out the figures. E.U citizens gain far more financial help from the U.K.

——————-

In what one MP described as a "scandalous failure", it has emerged that the UK pays more than £670m to EU countries for Brits' healthcare abroad, while claiming back less than £50m from the EU, even though there are significantly more EU citizens in the UK than UK citizens in the EU.

—————-

and in addition many E.U countries charge the U.K for British citizens,who use their A+ E departments. While the U.K. for some strange reason do not charge foreign national.

is this another case of those stupid Brits?

6489DD46-3458-4EC1-A9B5-B609A29CA380.jpeg

Image result for brexit idiots

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, CG1 Blue said:

I know immediately this is BS, because Farage didn't try to get a German passport after the EU referendum. He has 2 kids with dual nationality from his marriage with a German.

You should really double check for fake news before posting memes.

err not so quickly we're not talking about his kids but about him  - fake news call unproven. ! Anyway I wouldn't believe a word that comes out of his fag stinking EU-pensioned mouth and getting Eu passports for his kids personally - jeez how much do they have to rub your noses in the dirt before you get you are being played. 

https://www.politico.eu/article/is-nigel-farage-applying-for-german-citizenship-brexit-consequences-ukip-europe/

Edited by beautifulthailand99
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, CG1 Blue said:

I assume you are joking? That link doesn't prove anything - so you must be joking.  Surely

Not joking as such but being lazy with my research - my smearing point above still stands though. Daddy wants his ridiculed Eu passports for his kids - nice work if you can get it. What's wrong with the classic blue one's made in France that are coming soon ?

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

You lucky fella you've got a rich country - the same amount of oil and gas as the UK but 1/10th of the population. And a strong currency. 

The Noggies have a lot more O&G.

And before I get binned again "Noggies" is a term of endearment!

Edited by nauseus
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, transam said:

Yet the UK DOES take care of Thais who have paid sod all with your contributions...:sad:

Yet when I die my state pension dies with me so my Thai wife gets nothing.

How does that work with what you posted?

Looks like everybody has started drinking  

1 minute ago, billd766 said:

Yet when I die my state pension dies with me so my Thai wife gets nothing.

How does that work with what you posted?

I've just paid 4 years NI contributions to get her over the 10 year limit to get 25% of the state pension. Less than 10 and you get nothing unless of course you have nothing then you get benefits. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, soalbundy said:

So you aren't worried about a second referendum then ? After all a decisive vote to leave could only strengthen the leave faction in parliament and make the negotiations far easier for the UK.

But if ther remainers won then that would allow the Brexiteers to demand a third referendum. If we win then the Remainers will demand another, ad nauseum.

Edited by billd766
edit for bad spelling after I had posted
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

So you're saying Nigel Farage tried to get a German passport, but you have no proof, but it's still true?

You're not a lawyer I hope...

His ex?wife is German and I believe two of his children have German passports,let's not let the truth get in the way of a good story,he was there to get a passport 

• Haha 2