Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

1 hour ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Tragic to see Brexit chipping away at the foundations of the Good Friday Agreement

I don't think the whole of the UK should be forced to remain under the control of a corrupt, constrictive, parasitic organisation in order to protect the Good Friday Agreement.

Instead we need UK and NI representatives, together with the RoI to tell the EU to wind their collective necks in, and let us resolve the border issue internally. Sadly I fear the current Taoiseach is too far up Juncker's ****

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

RoI

Well, I'm Irish and I'm proud to be an EU member. And I'm happy being in a unbeatable union. And....without an agreement concerning the border we will not agree to a Brexit. But you still got the chance to revoke your vote and stay with us.

• Like 2

It's been my experience in life that things always end up differently to what was planned or feared, no matter how many combinations of an outcome would go through my head the result was always something unthought of, something different, that will be the Italian problem,the Irish border and brexit, there will be an aha moment.

Just now, soalbundy said:

It's been my experience in life that things always end up differently to what was planned or feared, no matter how many combinations of an outcome would go through my head the result was always something unthought of, something different, that will be the Italian problem,the Irish border and brexit, there will be an aha moment.

That a-ha moment needs to come from the EU.

All these issue's that are stacking up, are issue's that have many roots caused by the EU. Not all of them, but a great many of them.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

What are you slobbering about ?

Barnier brought up the Irish Border problem, under the guise of protecting the EU Single Market from the UK who is in the process of leaving the EU & Single Market. ( The reality being it was another attempt at thwarting Brexit )

If Barnier and the EU want to protect the EU's Single Market, then they can build, fund and man the border that they can build in the ROI as an EU member Country.

The UK is under no obligation whatsoever to build a border.

I like your jokes.......

But please don't forget....YOU want to leave, nobody pushed or forced you. Could it be that you made some mistakes and didn't think the Brexit matter up to the end. But sure with T. May.......poor Brits....Pity you

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

It's not that. Probably she can feel the hostility and animosity around her. First the Poles were welcome, now they are forced to leave and go home. Similar to immigrants

I live in an area of the U.K with many Polish Immigrants. I see no hostility to them individually, as Most of them get along with the locals very well, and vice versa, especially when you consider that these E.U. Immigants are helping to keep the wages of the lower paid down.

The locals understand why these E.U immigants are here, they just simple want, a better life for themselves and their families, and for this the local respect them. The problem is that their presence in our country is helping to keep the wages of those at the bottom of the rung, down. 

3CCCB22B-11D5-4857-9E6F-AF77A3FE0CC7.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

I blame the global elites who control the wealth and have doubled their share in the past decade. That's the root cause of the impoverishment of the working / middle class. - not the hard working Polish couple down the road working hard and contributing to society. It's not them that's the problem it's an army of Brit born shameless types if we want to go down the road of victim blaming.

Image result for shameless channel 4

"I blame the global elites who control the wealth and have doubled their share in the past decade."

And you believe staying in the EU (as the global elites want) will reverse this trend?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:
1 hour ago, CG1 Blue said:

A fair point, but probably only 1-2% of Brits choose to live in another EU state, so it's not relevant for most.

nonsense!

There are already more than 30.000 Poms asking or begging for a EU passport in Germany. More will come.

But you are right. The ability of learning a second language is not widespread in UK.

Why use the word 'nonsense' when I was stating a fact?

I assume you're whinging Aussie then ("Poms") ?

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

What are you slobbering about ?

Barnier brought up the Irish Border problem, under the guise of protecting the EU Single Market from the UK who is in the process of leaving the EU & Single Market. ( The reality being it was another attempt at thwarting Brexit )

If Barnier and the EU want to protect the EU's Single Market, then they can build, fund and man the border that they can build in the ROI as an EU member Country.

The UK is under no obligation whatsoever to build a border.

Exactly right. The same as the EU are under no obligation to trade with us at all outside the EU if we do not fulfill WTO obligations of effective border controls.

My Scottish grandmother (died at 104) lived 80% of her life in Balham, London, never lost her Scottish accent.When I visited her 50 years ago prior to leaving the UK she had two Jamaican families as friendly neighbours and she had taken in an Italian lady and a Polish man as lodgers. She complained that she couldn't buy English food at the local supermarket as they mostly sold Asian food, the cinema nearby showed Indian films in Hindi and advertised in the Hindi alphabet and her doctor was a Pakistani, that was before EU so not much seems to have changed.

1 hour ago, dick dasterdly said:

"Just heard this week that a very popular EU doctor in our local practice is leaving to go back to Poland. Money's better there now , she can probably afford a house and has a welcome back home."

So the doctor is not going to be paid more in poland - you just made that up...

So why state it as

Money I should have said zloty - pound rate - I have no idea as to her inner motivations or why she is going back - just an anecdotal in my immediate sphere of vision. 

12 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

My Scottish grandmother (died at 104) lived 80% of her life in Balham, London, never lost her Scottish accent.When I visited her 50 years ago prior to leaving the UK she had two Jamaican families as friendly neighbours and she had taken in an Italian lady and a Polish man as lodgers. She complained that she couldn't buy English food at the local supermarket as they mostly sold Asian food, the cinema nearby showed Indian films in Hindi and advertised in the Hindi alphabet and her doctor was a Pakistani, that was before EU so not much seems to have changed.

Today there are 270 nationalities with 300 languages in London alone.

Today I think your grandmother's experience would be called a "behind the times" value.

• Haha 1

You're right to a certain extent.  Brits. are less than thrilled when faced with a doctor/nurse/teacher that they can't understand, and the doctor/nurse can't understand them either.

except she spoke excellent English far better than some of her British born patients. And she was a looker as well as Ali G said we should only let the fit one's in....#buggerBrexit

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, aright said:

Today there are 270 nationalities with 300 languages in London alone.

Today I think your grandmother's experience would be called a "behind the times" value.

It's a global truly international city - I love it even though I have cashed in and moved just over the border. 

1 minute ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

It's a global truly international city - I love it even though I have cashed in and moved just over the border. 

I was there for a week two weeks ago and it is absolutely buzzing.

Took a river cruise from Westminster to Kew Gardens. 90 minutes of good company and 2 pints of London Pride...…. fantastic.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, soalbundy said:

well I didn't know that but it shows genetic traits get passed on although they may miss a couple of generations. As you may have gathered I am not a royalist although Harry seems to be the best of the bunch, he seems normal with a sense of humour, what bothered me was the style of sentimental slavish reverence with which it was reported. We now have the pregnancy to look forward to, will she have morning sickness like kate, oh I do hope not.

Look on the bright side we won't have to see another wedding on that scale till George and Charlotte and the other one get married, hopefully that will be at least 25yrs 

2 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

A fair point, but probably only 1-2% of Brits choose to live in another EU state, so it's not relevant for most.

The figure rises to 5% when including those who live part of the year in Europe, and of course the majority of those people are adults so it is more like 6% of the electorate who live at least part of the year in the EU, hardly a small amount of people.  Then there are the far greater amount of British people who want to move to Europe, it is the dream of many millions, in a survey of 12,000 people, over 40% said that they would consider moving to one of 11 EU countries.

3 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

It's not brexit using Ireland as a bargaining chip - it's the eu....

Give over. The EU don't really care. Go for their proposal or re-unite Ireland or go for a clean break or remain. I promise you the EU doesn't mind any more

6 minutes ago, adammike said:

Look on the bright side we won't have to see another wedding on that scale till George and Charlotte and the other one get married, hopefully that will be at least 25yrs 

I'll be dead by then so all is well. There is still Fergi's two to go but they won't count for much. Mind you, we still have Harry's baby to fawn over, they have already started speculating in the press, 'she will be pregnant by christmas', Oh look, a baby.

"Just heard this week that a very popular EU doctor in our local practice is leaving to go back to Poland. Money's better there now , she can probably afford a house and has a welcome back home."

So the doctor is not going to be paid more in poland - you just made that up...

So why state it as

They didn't state that, you read that into it, obviously they meant the money is better there now than it was before.  The average salary for a doctor in Poland is about £1500 this year, it was £500 only 10 years ago.

1 minute ago, Kieran00001 said:

They didn't state that, you read that into it, obviously they meant the money is better there now than it was before.  The average salary for a doctor in Poland is about £1500 this year, it was £500 only 10 years ago.

Poland has prospered in the EU.

Agreed.
4 million containers go through Felixstowe annually, the majority of them from outside the EU, which means they need to be processed. It all happens painlessly and seamlessly. If it didn't both importers and exporters would be complaining. This trade is estimated to be worth £80billion which is £77billion more than trade across the Irish border and it happens without a hiccup.
Proven systems are already in place to handle non EU imports and exports in Felixstowe and other ports why can't the same solution (possibly modified) be applied to the piddling, in comparison, £3billion trade with R o Ireland...…….. the reason is the EU don't want a solution.

Having moved quite a few containers through Felixstowe I can assure you it is not seamless - we worked on 3 days from docking to delivery.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

3 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

Prosperous for whom?

The divide between rich and poor is growing ever larger as those at the bottom (and increasingly, the middle class) find their salaries falling as a result of cheap, foreign labour.

Edit - plus, of course, company hierarchies determined to pay ordinary workers as little as possible - so that those at the top can pay themselves more....

Inequality in the U.K. Is obscene, even approaching American levels

Cheap foreign labour is a small contributor to that but the main reasons are due to government policy.

BTW, what do you think tariff free imports will do? It will drive down existing standards and wages. You really want to compete head to head with Chinese labour and Nigerian meat producers? Insane.

I tell you, Brexiters have plenty to complain about but leaving the EU won't fix any of your real problems.  Wrong target. Beware of listening to demagogues 

• Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Then there are the far greater amount of British people who want to move to Europe, it is the dream of many millions, in a survey of 12,000 people, over 40% said that they would consider moving to one of 11 EU countries.

So now we're basing decisions on dreams are we?

• Like 2