Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

39 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

...but they don’t seem to have wised up to the remain campaign...

Project Fear.....anyone noticed the sky fall in yet?

we haven't left yet, at the moment the storm is only darkening the sky, give it time.

2 minutes ago, aright said:

Is there such a word? The best word is salivating. You are getting as bad as Grouse. Only recently I had to correct him on his spelling of the word  knuckle . I see he used the correct spelling in a recent post. Psst…….do you think he might be regarding me as his mentor? I do hope so, I have so much to teach him. ?  

you are correct but my spell checker didn't pick up on it so it was giving me the benefit of the doubt, if innit can be a word why not salivering? oh I see, now it is warning me. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

you are correct but my spell checker didn't pick up on it so it was giving me the benefit of the doubt, if innit can be a word why not salivering? oh I see, now it is warning me. 

It happens, especially if you use an 18 yr old Thai girl as your spell checker. 

Yes innit is a word but you will only find it in the Essex and Sarf London version of the OD. 

Just now, aright said:

It happens, especially if you use an 18 yr old Thai girl as your spell checker. 

Yes innit is a word but you will only find it in the Essex and Sarf London version of the OD. 

No such luck, the only other person in my house who can speak English is my 10 year old son. His teacher tells me though that he is brilliant at reading English but slow reading Thai so now I read Thai with him in the evenings which nerves me as all he wants to do is play online games with kids world wide. He has online friends in the UK, USA, SA, and Thailand but the Thais all write their comments in English.

11 minutes ago, Orac said:

Hannan was one of the founders of Vote Leave as well as being on its campaign committee.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Yes you're right - I stand corrected.

However, I felt he was more of a sideshow with slightly differing views to the main TV debating team. I think most 'ordinary' people would have listened more to bumbling Boris etc.

27 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

If anybody voted Leave as a result of CA manipulation, they would not be intelligent enough to now understand they were duped. Think about it.  If they are that detached from current affairs that they allow Cambridge Analytica to alter their opinions, they probably don't even know who Cambridge Analytica are!

You're grasping at straws.

And you mention polls again. You should know by now how useless polls are. Especially EU referendum polls.

We're leaving the EU and the majority just want to get it done.  A 2nd referendum would be 60/40 to Leave in my opinion. Unfortunately we don't have time for another one though.

Errr...what?  You're quoting Daniel Hannan. He was not part of the Leave campaign.

Perhaps you are correct regarding the Cambridge Analytica scandal, it will largely depend on how the tabloids run with it, and I haven't been following that so I can't comment.

I am surprised you don't know who Daniel Hannan is, he was more than just a part of the Leave campaign, he wrote it!

Hannan may have contributed more to the ideas, arguments and tactics of Euroscepticism than any other individual. It was Hannan, in 2012, who asked Matthew Elliott, the founder of the Taxpayers’ Alliance, to set up the embryonic campaign group that later became Vote Leave. Elliott, who is 38, describes Hannan as the pamphleteer who made Brexit seem like a reasonable proposition for millions of people. “I can’t think of anybody who has done more on this,” 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/sep/29/daniel-hannan-the-man-who-brought-you-brexit

1 hour ago, aright said:

Is there such a word? The best word is salivating. You are getting as bad as Grouse. Only recently I had to correct him on his spelling of the word  knuckle . I see he used the correct spelling in a recent post. Psst…….do you think he might be regarding me as his mentor? I do hope so, I have so much to teach him. ?  

Thank you aright! How perspicacious of you! I remember that you very upset about my poor spelling and I have tried hard to improve. We used to have Sgt Rock checking my spelling but I'm happy for you to take his place as he has been gone for some time ?

3 hours ago, The Renegade said:

I think you should read that yourself! I don't know if it's intentional but you have an aggressive tone. Let's hear what you have to say but let's keep it adult - adult. Can we at least agree on that? I appreciate your humour ?

Edited by Grouse

4 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Thank you aright! How perspicacious of you! I remember that you very upset about my poor spelling and I have tried hard to improve. We used to have Sgt Rock checking my spelling but I'm happy for you to take his place as he has been gone for some time ?

The good Sarge was such a stalwart of Brexit then he disappeared without warning. I genuinely wonder if he succumbed to the rage that he exhibited so frequently ?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Perhaps you are correct regarding the Cambridge Analytica scandal, it will largely depend on how the tabloids run with it, and I haven't been following that so I can't comment.

I am surprised you don't know who Daniel Hannan is, he was more than just a part of the Leave campaign, he wrote it!

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/sep/29/daniel-hannan-the-man-who-brought-you-brexit

I know who Daniel Hannan is, and I listened to his arguments in the run up to the referendum. I just don't think he was the one influencing the 'man on the street'.

Running neural networks over huge databases will produce all kinds of strange associations. The CA scandal is not at all understood by the general public. The technology is extremely pernicious and dangerous. It has nothing to do with Facebook apart from using their raw data. Hearing some of the comments reminds me of Zuckerberg in front of the senate. They didn't even scratch the surface!

Edited by Grouse
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

I've wanted out of the EU for decades, at least since John Major signed the Maastricht Treaty in 1992. I'm pretty sure CA didn't influence my vote.

If you have shown any interest in politics online then you would not have been targeted by CA, it was specifically set up to find people who didn't have an interest in politics and make them interested in Leave.  It was designed and is run by ex military psychological warfare operatives, its quite worrying and I would put money on if the result had been to remain and it had come to light that remain had employed the tactics of CA you would be calling for the result to be voided.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, aright said:

I gave up teaching pork years ago

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kieran00001 said:

He was one of the people influencing people, his book, Why Vote Leave, that came out a few months before the referendum was a best seller.  Anyway, back to the point, vote leave lied about many things, he was just one part of that when he said that we would stay in the common market, one of many lies that have been exposed.  It would be ridiculous to suggest that no one feels mislead enough to want to regret their vote, I expect there are millions.

And who do you think the customers were for Daniel Hannan's best selling book - the postmen in Blackpool? The labourers in Plymouth? No, I think you'll find they were already politically astute book reading types.

And both sides lied.  Can you not comprehend that people on both sides of the fence will be feeling aggrieved?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CG1 Blue said:

And who do you think the customers were for Daniel Hannan's best selling book - the postmen in Blackpool? The labourers in Plymouth? No, I think you'll find they were already politically astute book reading types.

And both sides lied.  Can you not comprehend that people on both sides of the fence will be feeling aggrieved?

The main objective of Putin's War on Truth is to destroy people's faith in existing sources of news and information, so that people will trust gossip, rumour and lies in preference to authority and experts.  

• Like 1