Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

1 minute ago, Kieran00001 said:

Ok, but first address what I just said, you claimed the British public were no informed, I posted a few ways that they were, you squirmed and spoke of a paper, what paper is that and why do you think it is relevant considering the evidence I have already posted?

Let me post that again

5 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

Go ahead.

Make yourself look even more foolish. No skin off my back.

Crack on.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

Let me post that again

Crack on.

So are you not going to comment on why you ignored the overwhelming evidence of the British public being informed and continued to claim that they were not?  I assume that is out of inability.

• Haha 1

Just now, Kieran00001 said:

So are you not going to comment on why you ignored the overwhelming evidence of the British public being informed and continued to claim that they were not?  I assume that is out of inability.

What overwhelming evidence ?

See post directly above.

3 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

Here is a digitised version of the 1975 of the official Government Referendum leaflet that was sent out to every household and cost in the region of £2.4 million.

http://www.harvard-digital.co.uk/euro/pamphlet.htm

Key points

Nowhere in that leaflet does it mention

• The Common Market will merge Europe into one nation.
  • The 1986 Single European Act.
  • The 1985 & 1990 Schengen Act.
  • The 1992 Maastricht Treaty.
  • The 1997 Amsterdam Treaty.
  • The 2001 Nice Treaty.
  • Or most importantly the 2007 Lisbon Treaty that created the EU.

The only similarities between the 1975 Referendum and the 2016 Referendum are these words.

And here is a copy of one of the other three pamphlets sent to every British household, you know the one, its the one that rubbishes all that you claimed and you appear to just want to go away, well tough luck, here it is again.

https://brexiteu.files.wordpress.com/2016/01/1975-referendum-no.pdf

Unsurprisingly it does not mention future acts, but it does make very clear the issues that you felt the British public were not informed about, so do stop making things up, the British pubic were informed, end of.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

What overwhelming evidence ?

See post directly above.

See post above and also the two previous replies, all of this is here above for all to see, everyone can see your complete denial of the truth and your clutching at straws by only ever mentioning one of the three pamphlets that were delivered to every British household.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

99 is a good innings, shame he didn't make a century. I just don't find it appropriate to use the emotive issue of the possible opinions of our loved ones that saw service in the wars, and have since passed away, to add weight to either side of this debate. You think it's okay, fine, your call ...........pin a rose on you.

sorry no he would have been 99 if he had lived to the Brexit vote sadly he passed away at 72 in the era of John Major who was plagued by Euro-sceptics and the sound of "white flapping coats"...... 

15 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

Nationalist Austrians, Italians, Greeks, Germans, Swedes, Danes, Frenchies, Belgians and the Dutch are beginning to make their voices just like the British have done. The Eastern Europeans were having none of it from the begining and we now seem to be entering a new age of civil turmoil and unrest.

Whereas the majorities within the nations you mention are all recognising that, regardless of its flaws, better in the EU than out.

IMG_20180511_142559.jpg.2b43f7e3e5ab27a010387f4334263b24.jpg

3 hours ago, HAKAPALITA said:

I want to BREXIT. Anyone know how to Exit Notifications for this Yawnfest of a topic, once youve commented.?.I can clear notifications but not one topic only. ?

Dear Mr Hakapalita you have expressed a desire for Brexit and a falling pound to keep the British 'riff-raff' out of Thailand - you don't really have a dog in this race do you ? I think Brit's on both sides of the debate would like more baht's to the pound on that we can agree. 

22 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

I really have no idea what point you are trying to make.

Of course the leaflet you produced does not mention future acts.

For the simple reason that no-one knew that the Common Market was going to morph into the EU. Or if they did it was kept silent.

Try getting your head around that.

Hilarious, then how did the Vote No pamphlet know to warn the British public that the intention was to form a parliament?  That is what I can't get my head around, why you keep making these claims despite the evidence being presented to you repeatedly.  Go away and read the Vote No pamphlet before further embarrassing yourself. 

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Dear Mr Hakapalita you have expressed a desire for Brexit and a falling pound to keep the British 'riff-raff' out of Thailand - you don't really have a dog in this race do you ?

If the UK pension was half as good as other EU counterparts, the falling pound wouldn't be a concern.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Instead of publishing polls. I thing the EU should put their money where their mouth is.

Instruct all EU Governments that in their next National election an addendum is to be added.

Do you agree that the EU should continue on its current path to a Supra-National single state

Or

Should the EU revert back to a simple Trading Agreement, overseen by a Single Trading Commission.

Sort it one way or the other.

Bizarre that you are now advocating that the EU dictate how national elections are run and what questions must be put to voters.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

Instead of publishing polls. I thing the EU should put their money where their mouth is.

Instruct all EU Governments that in their next National election an addendum is to be added.

Do you agree that the EU should continue on its current path to a Supra-National single state

Or

Should the EU revert back to a simple Trading Agreement, overseen by a Single Trading Commission.

The only problem with that is it would not be reverting back to anything apart from your imagination, the concept of a single state has been the aim since Churchill envisioned the idea, you have repeatedly been told the truth, now its time for you to drop this absurd refusal to accept basic facts.

Churchill said in 1943, "We must try to make the Council of Europe…into a really effective League with all the strongest forces concerned woven into its texture; with a high court to adjust disputes and with forces, armed forces, national or international or both, ready to enforce these decisions."

The objectives never changed, you just became aware of them late, that's your problem for not bothering to read what was put through your letterbox.

3 minutes ago, Orac said:

Bizarre that you are now advocating that the EU dictate how national elections are run and what questions must be put to voters.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

There is nothing bizarre about it.

My suggestion does not in any way advocate the EU dictate how National elections are run.

Are you scared it might produce the wrong answer ?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

Or

Sort what out? The only ones complaining are the Brexiteers, meanwhile rising support across the continent for the EU continues to confound them all. I appreciate that it upsets many Brexiters to see that their goal of the EU in tatters seems to be receding by the day, but the reality is that it is not only the UK where they are in the minority.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Sort what out?

I thought that it was quite self explanatory. 

15 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

I think the EU should put their money where their mouth is.

Or

It really is not that difficult to understand.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

There is nothing bizarre about it.

My suggestion does not in any way advocate the EU dictate how National elections are run.

Are you scared it might produce the wrong answer ?

Is the UK the only country in the EU where political parties have a stated position on the EU? Surely the electoral process already confirms the respective population's position towards the EU?

Or simply look at the chart I posted.

4 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Surely the electoral process already confirms the respective population's position towards the EU?

Perhaps it does, perhaps it doesn't, Neither you or I know for certain.

So why not put it to a vote in each EU Country and get a definitive answer ?

What is the EU scared of ? The numbers, according to polls are in the EU's favour, so strike while the iron is hot.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

The only problem with that is it would not be reverting back to anything apart from your imagination, the concept of a single state has been the aim since Churchill envisioned the idea, you have repeatedly been told the truth, now its time for you to drop this absurd refusal to accept basic facts.

Churchill said in 1943, "We must try to make the Council of Europe…into a really effective League with all the strongest forces concerned woven into its texture; with a high court to adjust disputes and with forces, armed forces, national or international or both, ready to enforce these decisions."

The objectives never changed, you just became aware of them late, that's your problem for not bothering to read what was put through your letterbox.

This is from the Spectator published in February

It was true that Churchill came up with a plan for the pound sterling to join a common currency, but it was with the US dollar.

‘Where do we stand?’ Churchill asked the Commons in 1952:

We are not members of the European Defence Community, nor do we intend to be merged in a Federal European system. We feel we have a special relation to both. This can be expressed by prepositions, by the preposition ‘with’ but not ‘of’ — we are with them, but not of them.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2018/02/churchill-was-all-in-favour-of-a-united-europe-as-long-as-it-didnt-include-britain/

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, aright said:

I see your poll shows a significant increase in popularity of the EU in Italy. That's surprising considering almost 50% of the voting public voted for anti EU parties.

Was this poll you are hanging your hat on, an independent survey? I have been trying to find out the poll process . How many people/political parties/MEP's/MP's were involved, if any, and the question(s) they were asked ? Can you point me in the right direction?

Not forgetting that in the last UK GE just over 80% voted for Parties that had leaving the EU in their Election Manifesto.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, aright said:

I see your poll shows a significant increase in popularity of the EU in Italy. That's surprising considering almost 50% of the voting public voted for anti EU parties.

Was this poll you are hanging your hat on, an independent survey? I have been trying to find out the poll process . How many people/political parties/MEP's/MP's were involved, if any, and the question(s) they were asked ? Can you point me in the right direction?

It's there on the chart - Eurobarometer. I doubt they will release to you the names of the respondents, but you can ask them, I guess, although this site says that the surveys are undertaken for them rather than by them, so probably they have no idea either.