Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

58 minutes ago, nontabury said:

It’s possible for those who live in France and for people who work in certain occupations in the U.K.  Unfortunately for the majority of Brits, it’s a very bad deal. But why should you think of others, that’s not what selfish people do.

There is around half a million Brits who work in the EU, often in senior or consultant roles. For all of them losing FOM is a very bad deal

1 minute ago, aright said:

Arguably so does staying. 

The popularity of anti EU and pro democratic Parties is rising rapidly to the extent that many EU governments are stalemated like Italy, Germany Holland and Belgium who cannot address their own countries priorities because of internal deadlock. Countries like Poland and Hungary have major problems with the ECJ. Austria is basically anti EU although it continues to sit on the fence. Spain and the EU has lost considerable credibility as a democracy  over it's treatment of Catalonia .Italy is totally frustrated at not being able to form a government after 3 attempts.

And to cap it all there is Brexit!

But the EU is brilliant. Remainers say so, so it must be true ??

• Like 2

but Most of the UK's problems are internal, of our own making, it's no use trying to blame the EU for them.Leaving is not going to solve them.

In Britain, Austerity Is Changing Everything

After eight years of budget cutting, Britain is looking less like the rest of Europe and more like the United States, with a shrinking welfare state and spreading poverty

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/28/world/europe/uk-austerity-poverty.html

• Thanks 1

And the Chinese think Britain may never fully recover.

http://www.scmp.com/comment/insight-opinion/article/2148052/whether-its-brexit-or-bremain-uk-long-term-economic-decline

"Britain has entered a netherworld of indecision and the longer it lasts the greater the chances the default option emerges – that a rational solution is beyond the government’s grasp and staying in the EU is the only plausible alternative"

Edited by tebee
  • Thanks 1

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 10:44 AM, soalbundy said:

why, they too are going electric, there is an interesting youtube video of an almost fully automated BMW factory in China producing electric cars, no British car firms though...oh of course,there aren't any left.

All this UK bashing - I'm curious to know which amazing and perfect country you come from, and what your interests are in this debate.

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 10:51 AM, candide said:

You can elaborate any explanation you wish but there is a lesson to draw from this case. It confirms, in case it has ever been needed, that a small country does not have much negotiating power against a large country or union. Do you think a stand alone UK will have more power when it negotiates directly with China, Russia or the USA?

Yes, because the UK will be one voice, not 28 voices. One country, and one set of interests. Much more efficient in negotiations.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

All this UK bashing - I'm curious to know which amazing and perfect country you come from, and what your interests are in this debate.

UK deserves Bashing - It seems to be trying to commit economic suicide without any idea of where it is going. It's done in the same way you would try to explain to a drunk friend that he can't really fly if he jumps off your roof.

One of the reader comments from the articles I mentioned earlier.

Because the UK has done little or no preparation for leaving the EU without an agreement, it is a near certainty that Maybot will climb down all the way to accept the terms of the EU's WA; No-one is interested in the party-political debate on whether we should go for Customs Partnership or Max Fac, simply because this is not up to us. For the reasons Barnier explains in his speech, the EU cannot take any other position, once Maybot agrees to the terms of the WA, I think it is more likely than not that the WA is ratified by the UK Parliament, even without any support from DUP, The only alternative is for the MPs to force Maybot to negotiate to remain in the SM. Barnier says the EU27 will be flexible, so the Article 50 negotiation period may be extended for a few months if the UK should change our red lines. An interesting time ahead. I think hard Brexiters know their game is up, if not now, then by the end of the summer, their numbers are not big enough to make Rees-Mogg or Bo Jo to replace Maybot. They can shout and scream, but that's all they can do, I think.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, aright said:

Arguably so does staying. 

The popularity of anti EU and pro democratic Parties is rising rapidly to the extent that many EU governments are stalemated like Italy, Germany Holland and Belgium who cannot address their own countries priorities because of internal deadlock. Countries like Poland and Hungary have major problems with the ECJ. Austria is basically anti EU although it continues to sit on the fence. Spain and the EU has lost considerable credibility as a democracy  over it's treatment of Catalonia .Italy is totally frustrated at not being able to form a government after 3 attempts.

And to cap it all there is Brexit!

Yep, and when the EU in it's current form does collapse, we'll hopefully be out already, or at least half way out and with a big head start.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Yes, because the UK will be one voice, not 28 voices. One country, and one set of interests. Much more efficient in negotiations.

Such as being able to prevent China from forcing UK companies to transfer technologies to Chinese counterparts if they want to succeed in China? Dream on!

8 hours ago, soalbundy said:

but I thought the electorate were in control ?

Well seemingly not in Italy where a coalition,between a so called left wing party and a so called right wing party are being constrained in their desire to create a government acceptable to the Italian electorate. By whom. Well according to statements from both of these political parties, by the establishment and their financial backers. Now where have we heard that before?

Add this to how the electorate in France,REpublic of Ireland and Holland were also ignored by our masters in Brussels, when they also voted against the interest of the establishment. And we think we live in a democracy555.

7C9CB117-F5C5-48E3-B893-5C6E0B085EA0.jpeg

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, tebee said:

UK deserves Bashing - It seems to be trying to commit economic suicide without any idea of where it is going. It's done in the same way you would try to explain to a drunk friend that he can't really fly if he jumps off your roof.

But the bashing only makes matters worse.  Surely you can see this.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, tebee said:

It's done in the same way you would try to explain to a drunk friend that he can't really fly if he jumps off your roof.

But going past the 1st floor, he can be heard saying 'So far, so good'.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Bring back 'New Zealand' lamb.

I think you will find Remainers are a bit sheepish about that.

Do you know how Kiwi's practice safe sex?

They put a cross on the back legs of the ones that kick.

Edited by aright
Add
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, The Renegade said:

And the idiocy continues.

How does all the other Brits, often in senior or consultant roles manage to find positions outwith the EU ?

FOM does not come into it. People who have the skills, experience and qualifications required for a position, will get that position, they get those positions because they are the correct candidate for the position, not because they have FOM.

FOM of movement only benefits the lowest skilled.

I found it very easy to work in Denmark and then in Germany. The red tape (green actually) required to work in the USA was huge hassle on each occasion. What about you?

2 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

Personally I'd be ok with a slower more orderly departure. Fine if it takes another 4-5 years to unpick everything and minimise the impact on businesses. As long as we eventually leave the EU, and we end up as simply a trade partner with the them.

But there are so many powerful people (globalist businessmen, wealthy politicians, Lords etc.) who seek to cancel the Brexit process all together, I fear the longer it takes the more likely they will succeed.

If I had the choice between a long drawn out departure process that ends up with us crawling back to the EU with our tails between our legs, or suffering the short term pain of a 'no deal' exit, I'd choose the latter.

You can blame the hard Remainers for pushing Leavers into wanting to leave without a deal.

Yeah! I'm reet 'ard me ?