Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

30 minutes ago, aright said:

According to the Office of National Statistics, 85% of people in the UK of Pakistani and Bangladeshi origin earn less than the median income. Also, on average Bangladeshi women give birth to 3.9 children, Pakistani women give birth to 4.7 children whereas their British counterpart only bears 1.6 children on average.

As a stand alone fact, taken with overall immigration figures this means the demograph of our nation is gradually changing which may well result in a future with different social, political and judicial values. It also means this group of people as a result of birth outcomes and incomes use a disproportionate amount of public services whilst paying a disproportionately small amount of taxes to pay for these services.

I very much doubt that the positions that need to be filled at our job centers are waiters in Indian restaurants, mini-cab drivers and halal butchers. The only expanding job market that these people fill is that caused by mass unskilled immigration within immigrant communities. The rest of the country doesn't demand these services.

A much higher income threshold to live and work in the UK is needed that includes relatives.

Note! This is not a racist rant. I don't hate anyone, as a result of their religion, education or ethnicity, its a cry to put some common sense into our immigration policy.. 

Your views are entirely reasonable compared to the new "populists" here! I agree with you!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Very probably. I'm trilingual but my French is weak.

Yes Grouse, I think you meant to say n’est-ce pas …. it is an easy mistake to make, because when French words end in a consonant, the consonant is not pronounced unless it is followed by an ‘e’ which then renders it to be not the last letter, so very confusing, I admit  …… a good example if I may indulge you is: tout le monde (everybody)  you do not pronounce the ’t’ at the end of tout, but you pronounce the ‘d’ at the end of monde, because it is followed by an ‘e’

For clarity, your 'pa' is how it sounds when spoken, but not how it is written 

Nonetheless, you missed out the -ce you naughty petit garçon

Edited by Eloquent pilgrim
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Grouse said:

Sorry dad!

Running out of acceptable expletives! Can one still say spastic?

With your record of spelling and grammar, if rumbled, you could always claim dyslexia and say you meant plastic mastic, drastic etc ......you choose. ?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, aright said:

With your record of spelling and grammar, if rumbled, you could always claim dyslexia and say you meant plastic mastic, drastic etc ......you choose. ?

Don't tempt me ?

41 minutes ago, aright said:

According to the Office of National Statistics, 85% of people in the UK of Pakistani and Bangladeshi origin earn less than the median income. Also, on average Bangladeshi women give birth to 3.9 children, Pakistani women give birth to 4.7 children whereas their British counterpart only bears 1.6 children on average.

As a stand alone fact, taken with overall immigration figures this means the demograph of our nation is gradually changing which may well result in a future with different social, political and judicial values. It also means this group of people as a result of birth outcomes and incomes use a disproportionate amount of public services whilst paying a disproportionately small amount of taxes to pay for these services.

I very much doubt that the positions that need to be filled at our job centers are waiters in Indian restaurants, mini-cab drivers and halal butchers. The only expanding job market that these people fill is that caused by mass unskilled immigration within immigrant communities. The rest of the country doesn't demand these services.

A much higher income threshold to live and work in the UK is needed that includes relatives.

Note! This is not a racist rant. I don't hate anyone, as a result of their religion, education or ethnicity, its a cry to put some common sense into our immigration policy.. 

As this is a brexit thread what's that got do with the EU!

4 minutes ago, adammike said:

As this is a brexit thread what's that got do with the EU!

Any rational contribution on this threadbare thread is very welcome!

Funnily enough I was just booking a room at Novotel Tower Bridge. Speaking to an Indian woman. Not in Bangalore, London. Had to hang up! Will have to get on to Accor about it. Only £300 a night but still. I didn't ask for free papadums!

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Any rational contribution on this threadbare thread is very welcome!

Funnily enough I was just booking a room at Novotel Tower Bridge. Speaking to an Indian woman. Not in Bangalore, London. Had to hang up! Will have to get on to Accor about it. Only £300 a night but still. I didn't ask for free papadums!

Some good restaurants a few minutes walk away in Borough Market (Try Bill's if you haven't already...Peroni or Budvar and very pretty Polish waitresses and excellent fish pie). More to your taste most probably is the Mosque in Whitechapel (15 minute walk) Free food on a Thursday night. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, aright said:

Some good restaurants a few minutes walk away in Borough Market (Try Bill's if you haven't already...Peroni or Budvar and very pretty Polish waitresses and excellent fish pie). More to your taste most probably is the Mosque in Whitechapel (15 minute walk) Free food on a Thursday night. 

Polish waitresses with fish pie would be splendid. Thank you!

2 hours ago, aright said:

Contribution is far more valued than pedantry.

It may have escaped your notice but immigration was high on the list of concerns by British voters when they voted to leave the EU...……...still is. For many people Brexit was all about immigration from countries outside the EU and freedom of movement from the EU. 

Indeed, many people were quoted at the time in the media as saying they would vote 'Yes' to stop immigrants from Pakistan!

Can you explain how leaving the EU will reduce immigration from non EU countries?

• Thanks 1

@aright, the above post only illustrates your ignorance of the rules and requirements non EEA national migrants have to meet in order to come to the UK to join family, work, study etc., etc..

Maybe you should educate yourself before commenting further on this particular issue; starting with the NHS surcharge for most migrants, the ban on most migrants claiming public funds, the financial requirement for family migrants, etc., etc., 

Opposition leader Jeremy Corbyn said on Tuesday that Britain must leave the European Union’s single market, disappointing some supporters who hoped he would support a proposal to retain membership ahead of a crunch vote in parliament next week.

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-labour-corbyn/jeremy-corbyn-rejects-pleas-to-stay-in-the-eu-single-market-idUSKCN1J123J

Even Jeremy Corbyn understands that staying in the Single Market means staying under the control of Brussels and the ECJ.

How desperate must you be to be pinning your hopes on Vince Cable and his 12 disciples ??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Norway model ?

But during a POLITICO interview in Brussels Tuesday, Norwegian Prime Minister Erna Solberg pointed out that it would mean Britain continuing to abide by the four EU freedoms, including freedom of movement, as well as having no decision-making power in Brussels. “Then I should just ask why … should you leave the EU if you’re accepting that?” she said.

https://www.politico.eu/article/norwegian-pm-uk-cannot-cherry-pick-eu-membership/

No thanks.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, The Renegade said:

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-labour-corbyn/jeremy-corbyn-rejects-pleas-to-stay-in-the-eu-single-market-idUSKCN1J123J

Even Jeremy Corbyn understands that staying in the Single Market means staying under the control of Brussels and the ECJ.

How desperate must you be to be pinning your hopes on Vince Cable and his 12 disciples ??

Depressing indeed. Any chance of Corbyn falling seriously ill? Anyone got any Novichok?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, aright said:

I'm ignorant? I'm uneducated? All I have done is describe my preferred system for legal immigrants.

You obviously don't want the system I have described. Do you want illegal immigration? Open doors? Catch as catch can? unlimited funds for illegal migrants etc. I don't!  You mutter but don't say; show us your erudition man.

How does the immigration system you want differ from the one I want?

You are, as I said, obviously ignorant and uneducated when it comes to UK immigration rules and requirements. What your knowledge of and education on other subjects is, I have no idea.

Start educating yourself by reading the immigration rules. I don't claim to be an expert on all of them by any means, but am very familiar with those dealing with family migration and have a working knowledge of those dealing with workers under the points based system.

All of which means that I can categorically state that the system you say you want is very much the one already in place! So your question is meaningless.

9 hours ago, nontabury said:

Perhaps you should educate yourself, on how non E.U immigrants can,and do obtain money from public funds.

Then perhaps you will provide that education, because they are banned from most public funds until they have ILR, which takes at least 5 years to obtain. See this document.

If any immigrants are receiving proscribed public funds then they are doing so illegally via fraudulent claims. If you know of anyone doing such then I urge you to do your civic duty and report them to the relevant authorities.

9 hours ago, nontabury said:

I think that what  @aright is advocating is something along the lines of the rules for entry into Australia. This is based on the requirements of the Australian labour market, irrespective of the applicants race, or religion.

I have very little knowledge of the Australian immigration rules and requirements; but those for the UK regarding work visas are very much as you describe. See Working in the UK (modernised guidance)

From what I have read in the Visas and migration to other countries forum here and on similar forums the Australian requirements for family migration are not dissimilar to, and in some respects less arduous than,  those of the UK.

Of course, despite what some people hope or believe, Brexit will have absolutely no effect on any of this as non EU, or to be accurate non EEA, migration is not and never has been anything to do with the EU nor the FoM directive; it has always been the responsibility, nay right, of member states to set their own rules and requirements for this.