Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

17 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Unification does make a lot of sense to those of us unaffected. But the unionists in NI would disagree strongly. I think it's less than a third of the NI population that would support unification?

Anyway, we're not going to solve the Irish issue on here.

I don't they will over there either. Last year the Irish Times did a poll on reunification. only 13% were interested. Brexit of course might make a difference.

Edit. I have just read a report from the Independent that says 65% are in favour of reunification so it seems figures aren't reliable.

Edited by aright
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Unification does make a lot of sense to those of us unaffected. But the unionists in NI would disagree strongly. I think it's less than a third of the NI population that would support unification?

I do not think that Ireland could afford unification.

• Like 1

See TM has lost another minister.

Though not over brexit it is a problem she could do without and the spotlight will be on Boris now who also promised to 'lie down in front of the bulldozers' over a third runway.

https://news.sky.com/story/minister-greg-hands-resigns-from-government-to-vote-against-heathrow-expansion-11411989

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

One of the first things extreme right wing populists did in 30s was to assemble databases containing essential information on Jews, Roma and others. IBM won the contract based on Hollerith code punch cards

What has happened to you Grouse ?

Have you forgotten how this forum works ?

You are continually replying to my comments with completely irrelevant drivel; if you want to talk about issues that are unrelated to any comment I make, please post your own independent comment. I am now deeply concerned for your wellbeing

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

We're all affected. All Ireland want no border. Most NI want to remain. 90% of Eire are pro EU. NI counties Next the border are Rebublican. Next election, I think there will be change.

3 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

What has happened to you Grouse ?

Have you forgotten how this forum works ?

You are continually replying to my comments with completely irrelevant drivel; if you want to talk about issues that are unrelated to any comment I make, please post your own independent comment. I am now deeply concerned for your wellbeing

It was an off the cuff comment concerning the right wing antics in Italy that you were commenting on. It reminded me of similar early moves in the 30s

20 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

Macron going out of his way to turn people against the so called elite.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-france-macron/frances-macron-urges-europeans-to-fight-leprosy-of-populism-idUSKBN1JH1NM?il=0

Head so far up his own @rse he can lick his own larynx.

Do at least try and be courteous about other heads of  state. I know Tourette's is tough!

Edited by Grouse

6 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

Could they ?

The EU does not actually have any money of its own. Only what it can coerce member states into paying.

I would await the outcome of the next EU budget negotiations before making any predictions on what the EU can afford.

The UK really doesn't have any money of its own. Only what it can coerce its citizens and businesses into paying.

• Haha 2

On 6/19/2018 at 6:56 PM, nauseus said:

Well I guess it depends whose numbers you look at, Big Boy. Here's a few with chart from the FT JAN 22 this year:

https://www.ft.com/content/dec6968c-f6ca-11e7-8715-e94187b3017e

http%3A%2F%2Fcom.ft.imagepublish.prod.s3.amazonaws.com%2F54f66676-fc38-11e7-9b32-d7d59aace167?source=next&fit=scale-down&quality=highest&width=700

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2017/03/worlds-biggest-economies-in-2017/

Once the UK leaves then the EU will drop to 3rd again anyway. By the way it's still bullying and typifies the big EU cowardly bully. One of the many good reasons to bail out.

Nice way to chalk up the 10,000th post on this thread Nauseus.....?

1 hour ago, Jip99 said:

Nice way to chalk up the 10,000th post on this thread Nauseus.....?

I am humbled, thanks. But still waiting for my case of Dom. Missus is getting thirsty.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Renegade said:

Why should I be courteous about a @rse that calls people a disease ?

Head of State ?

Not fit to be a toilet cleaner coming out with remarks like that.

He wasn't comparing the people to leprosy, he was comparing the movement that those people follow, he was calling populism a contagious disease that results in us falling apart, which is the aim of the movement, a course comparison none the less.

It seems the party has started!

Fresh alarm in Italy as apostles of 'Italexit' take control of parliament

Hard-line eurosceptics have swept all the key posts in the budget and finance committees of the Italian parliament, shattering the brief calm in the bond markets and guaranteeing a showdown with Brussels over spending rules.

The cohort of anti-euro legislators from the Five Star Movement and the ‘Italy First’ Lega party will have a powerful say of over fiscal policy and may make it almost impossible for technocrat ministers in the new Italian government to enforce the EU’s draconian‘bail-in’ rules for banks.

The two leading apostles of the Italian anti-euro movement have been elected to pivotal posts. Claudio Borghi, the Lega’s economics chief, will chair the budget committee in the lower house. Professor Alberto Bagnai, a Lega convert from a Left-wing background, will chair the finance committee in the Senate.

Both are sworn foes of monetary union.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2018/06/21/fresh-alarm-italy-apostles-italexit-take-control-parliament/

2 hours ago, aright said:

It seems the party has started!

Fresh alarm in Italy as apostles of 'Italexit' take control of parliament

Hard-line eurosceptics have swept all the key posts in the budget and finance committees of the Italian parliament, shattering the brief calm in the bond markets and guaranteeing a showdown with Brussels over spending rules.

The cohort of anti-euro legislators from the Five Star Movement and the ‘Italy First’ Lega party will have a powerful say of over fiscal policy and may make it almost impossible for technocrat ministers in the new Italian government to enforce the EU’s draconian‘bail-in’ rules for banks.

The two leading apostles of the Italian anti-euro movement have been elected to pivotal posts. Claudio Borghi, the Lega’s economics chief, will chair the budget committee in the lower house. Professor Alberto Bagnai, a Lega convert from a Left-wing background, will chair the finance committee in the Senate.

Both are sworn foes of monetary

union.https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2018/06/21/fresh-alarm-italy-apostles-italexit-take-control-parliament/

I think the writing was on the wall when Savona was rejected as Finance Minister and then installed as EU Minister

• Like 2

The aerospace industry is a good indication of the issues that non-tariff barriers will cause should we leave without a substantive deal partly because it is virtually unaffected by tariffs since the vast majority of aerospace goods are duty free worldwide and also are zero-rated for VAT in the U.K. for aircraft over 13000 kgs.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

39 minutes ago, tebee said:

Another take on the same story from Reuters

Airbus (AIR.PA) issued its strongest warning yet over the impact of Britain’s departure from the European Union, saying that a withdrawal without a deal on future trade would force it to reconsider its long-term position in the UK.

In a memorandum issued late on Thursday, Airbus said softer plans for a transition period ending in December 2020 were still too short for the planemaker to adapt its supply chain and would prevent it from expanding its UK supplier base.

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-airbus/airbus-says-no-deal-brexit-would-force-it-to-reconsider-uk-presence-idUSKBN1JH3EV

Which is a whole lot different from the Times headline

'' Airbus prepares to move business from Britain ''

• Like 1

19 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

As the saying goes, when all you can do is attack the man rather than the ball, it shows how weak your position actually is. 

Well okay then, in that case, let's examine the stunningly informative tweet from the literary genius, James O’Brien, that you think puts it very succinctly

He tweeted

***Yup. If you stop paying £20 for your pitch at the car boot sale where you make a profit of £200 every week, then you are obviously £20 a week better off ***

So, to show how weak your position actually is, if you can't write something more edifying than this yourself, and have to resort to posting this drivel from somebody else, you really do have much more to worry about than Brexit

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Much still depend on how we leave, those who want us to go to WTO terms next March should read this -

A no deal Brexit must be avoided, as it would force Airbus to reconsider its footprint in the country,
its investments in the UK and at large its dependency on the UK (with many potential undesirable
consequences such as repatriating competencies, patents, revisit Research and Development
footprint, reduce UK’s weight in the supply chain etc.…). Given the “No deal/Hard Brexit”
uncertainties, the company’s dependence on and investment in the flagship “Wing of Tomorrow”
programme would also have to be revisited, and corresponding key competencies grown outside the
UK.
This extremely negative outcome for Airbus would be catastrophic. It would impair our ability to
benefit from highly qualified British resources, it would also severely undermine UK efforts to keep a
competitive and innovative aerospace industry, while developing high value jobs and competencies.

2 minutes ago, tebee said:

A no deal Brexit must be avoided, as it would force Airbus to reconsider its footprint in the country,

tebee.

No business is, or should be, in a position to attempt to hold a Country or its people to ransom.

I hope that is simple enough, even for you to understand.

• Like 1

Here is one that will get you salivating tebee

The Government does not know what skills British businesses need or how Brexit will affect the flow of suitably trained migrants, MPs have warned.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2018/06/21/government-has-no-idea-skills-uk-economy-needs-mps-say/

Howl and squeal at the nasty Government.

It is not the Governments job to know what skills businesses need. That is a business responsible, not a Government responsibility.

Too many companies abdicating their responsibilities by relying on the flow of trained migrants rather than training in-house.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

tebee.

No business is, or should be, in a position to attempt to hold a Country or its people to ransom.

I hope that is simple enough, even for you to understand.

Oh I agree, but also people(and countries) must be aware that their actions have consequences and the one of the consequences of a hard Brexit will be Aerospace and many others turning their back on this country and moving production abroad.

I hope the "hard brexit " supporters can  look all the people made redundant after the day in the eye and explain how we "did it for their benefit£ by making modern manufacturing impractical to conduct in the UK.   

Be interesting too to see how many international companies start investor state disputes with the UK for changing the rules  and causing them losses.

• Haha 1