Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

For the remainers that still keep cheering about how open and democratic the EU is.

We all know that today there is an '' EU Summit '' that does not include 12 EU Leaders. How democratic ?

What we did not know, was

Italy’s prime minister, Giuseppe Conte, agreed to go to Brussels only after Merkel abandoned a set of pre-written conclusions. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jun/24/eu-leaders-migration-summit-offers-lifeline-to-angela-merkel

For sure, the EU is a beacon of democracy, honesty, transparency and club of 28 equal members.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, The Renegade said:

For the remainers that still keep cheering about how open and democratic the EU is.

We all know that today there is an '' EU Summit '' that does not include 12 EU Leaders. How democratic ?

What we did not know, was

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jun/24/eu-leaders-migration-summit-offers-lifeline-to-angela-merkel

For sure, the EU is a beacon of democracy, honesty, transparency and club of 28 equal members.

I see asylum seekers are down 50% on last year and 80% on 2016. More are now dying in transit. Are you happy with this?

10 hours ago, The Renegade said:

The only promise I listened to during the Referendum was

'' Leave means Leave '' I took that to mean in its entirety. Rip up the whole lot and start from scratch.

What you take Brexit to mean is irrelevant though you may wish it otherwise. It is for Parliament and Government to decide what it means in practice and that process is on-going. Wailings on forums by Hard Brexiteers are just so much mood music.

The thing about the referendum is that back then no-one really knew the sort of Brexit we were going for whereas now, 2 years later, thanks to the progress the government has made, no-one really knows what sort of Brexit we’re going for....

29 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Oh dear, some posters either have selective memory or are just lying to themselves and peddling nonsense that in the hope people might believe them. I find this thread like the others to be tedious and rarely comment. But when people are talking absolute nonsense. Same as the leaflet sent to every household which was extreme biased but people knew what they were voting for. Sprouting nonsense that they didn't is a lie. If the government did what the people voted for we wouldn't be in this situation. The EU are desperate to keep the UK  and its money in the EU.

The op, you sound like you work for Junker. ?

The biggest nonsense is the Hard Brexiteer one which rambles on and on, for ever and ever about how they hold the keys to the Brexit process, which of course they don't. The Brexit process is held by the Government of the day through Parliament and no amount of youtube videos and hysteria is going to change that, particularly when said Hard Brexiteers shot their bolt and hung themselves out to dry when they tied their colours to Royal Prerogative. Since that collapsed they have been headless chickens and nothing has changed.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

The biggest nonsense is the Hard Brexiteer one which rambles on and on, for ever and ever about how they hold the keys to the Brexit process, which of course they don't. The Brexit process is held by the Government of the day through Parliament and no amount of youtube videos and hysteria is going to change that, particularly when said Hard Brexiteers shot their bolt and hung themselves out to dry when they tied their colours to Royal Prerogative. Since that collapsed they have been headless chickens and nothing has changed.

OK if you say so. Maybe David Cameron just said them things for the fun of it or he was on an episode of Jeremy Kyle!.

Anyway as I have said the whole situation is becoming tedious.  Maybe this is agreeable to everyone. ?

39 minutes ago, tebee said:

The problem is there are no new opportunities opened up by brexit - unless you count becoming a third world country an opportunity.

36 minutes ago, aright said:

You just proved my point.

Name one then!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, nauseus said:

Yes, nonsense. Brexiteers here are not rambling on and on (at all) about how they hold the keys to the Brexit process. It seems that the hysterics are proprietary to the remainers

4 hours ago, aright said:

Agreed. 

Remainers seem to lack progressive views. They find it is easier to focus on the problems rather than address the opportunities. In my businesses, I ultimately make the  decision to follow a new path, but before I make that decision I try to involve all pertinent individuals and group representatives. I listen intently to their views and arguments prior to making my final decision. People who don't sign up to my decision root and branch don't last long in my employ.

Those who voted remain , need to look at how they can continue to hold their values and have a positive effect on the chosen outcome..

Other than the pointless splutterings from our Hard Brexiteer friends absolutely nothing in response to the legal fact that Brexit is the responsibility of the Government and Parliament. Oh! And the additional political reality that their previous political heroes (Ministers Johnson, Davis, Gove, Fox) are currently nowhere to be found other than hinting at bringing down the Government. Why? Because they at least know what will be the outcome and have the marbles to know when to pull back. Unlike our forum contributors who seem to have absolutely zero understanding of the meaning of process.

4 hours ago, The Renegade said:

So how many jobs have been lost due to Brexit tebee ?

Lets take a look at it 

JLR move has been on the cards pre - Brexit

Poundworld collapsed due to mismanagement.

NOT 1 SINGLE JOB in your article has been lost due to Brexit.

And remainers question why they get ridiculed ??

???

“This is a 10-year operation. In the short term it won’t be noticeable in terms of staff. Banks won’t be putting out press releases saying they are moving some of their operations because of Brexit because they don’t want the publicity. They are just getting on with it."

“Those who suggested that some business would move were accused of scaremongering,”

Asked whether the government was aware of the daily bleed of financial services to the rest of the EU, Boleat said: “Not enough, that’s the worry. It needs business to talk to MPs, not to give their view on Brexit, but to explain to them ‘this is what I am having to do because of Brexit’. This is not scaremongering, this is reality.”

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/jun/20/uk-could-lose-10bn-a-year-in-city-related-tax-revenue-after-brexit-mark-boleat

4 hours ago, The Renegade said:

- snip -

I agree.
The whole company leaders of global companies are all jerks.
The warnings about the planning uncertainty and the possible loss, or the relocation of jobs is only project fear.

Brexit is now the sacred cow.
Faith is known to move mountains.

Heil Brexit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, The Renegade said:

Great job.

A piece of absolute garbage gives you a laugh.

Another day, and another poster destroys the myth that remainers are educated ??

Sublime, keep them coming.

And still the huge chip won't stay down. What is so upsetting about education?

3 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

Yes, that sounds right to me

The big manufacturers with heavy capital investment will be the ones making a noise in the hope that parliament will hear and keep in the CU and SM and thus avoid them the expense of running down U.K. Facilities and ramping up elsewhere within the EU. What choice do they have?

• Like 2

On 2/28/2018 at 5:47 AM, Blackheart1916 said:

Ridiculous article. From the Guardian, so any semblance of reality is fleeting at best. So none of these problems existed before the Brexit vote? I doubt it. Anti Brexit people are like anti Trumpers - blame for any and all ills, real or imagined, are laid at the doorstep of Brexit and Trump. You got beat, get over it, carry on. If the quick Brexit had been started, it would almost be finished now, but the anti Brexit crowd seem to now enjoy being perpetually aggrieved.

You are right that people were sleeping on the streets before Brexit, but more will join them before long when trade is decimated and everything becomes more expensive. The turkeys have voted for Xmas to take back control of what ?With Mays Tories in charge it will  be supercharged austerity. The bright Europeans that were working in the UK and paying taxes, will be replaced by islamic riff raff, fine if you fancy some sharia law in a few years time, but I didn't, I moved with my wife to Thailand Bye bye Britain, it was great knowing you.

8 hours ago, The Renegade said:

So how many jobs have been lost due to Brexit tebee ?

Lets take a look at it 

JLR move has been on the cards pre - Brexit

Poundworld collapsed due to mismanagement.

And remainers question why they get ridiculed ??

???

I see that you are game for a laugh !