Couples lug AR-15 assault rifles to Pennsylvania church blessing

webfact

15 hours ago, steven100 said:

oh isn't that lovely   !   loonies doing their blessings ....    why not have every pastor in the US armed with an AK47 ...   :shock1:

A new dichotomy, Soft Targets. Churches, Hospitals and Schools etc.The only thing that stops bad people with guns are good people..Airports,Banks,Federal buildings,Concerts,Football Games  are all protected by people with guns.

7 hours ago, Get Real said:

If you open up your eyes and see all this in a wider perspective, you will soon find out that they actually are doing harm.

First we can just take the visual effect of this BS. How is the younger population going to see guns, when theese morons openly can show themselfs armed looking like clowns?
What message does that give about guns, to people that easily can be persuaded?

That was just scratching the surface of the big problem, though. It can almost be seen as amusing to some less intelligent humans.

The big problem is why we need to campaign so must about the right to own guns in USA, in particular? Is that because the people of the USA can´t feel safe without owning a gun?
When everybody owns a gun, that means that there are more people that actually can kill eachother in a simple and not so messy way. If they implement gun control and making it harder to own guns, that means that everybody can´t shoot eachother anymore. To me that is creating less harm. What is so special with the people of USA? Are they more scared than people in other western countries?

I know that everything of this has to do with the outdated bill. Here it also depends on how you will understand what it means when you read. For myself, I an totally convinced that it was not meant to be used like it is today. That is what creates a big problem, and that is why all theese people can continue their crazy PR for guns for all.

Do you think morality or the lack of has something to do with it?  How safe is it now compared to many years ago?..

Young kids can't go to the park anymore without a parent.House doors have to be locked.How many cars and houses have alarms.Kids can't trick or treat during Halloween  without a parent accompany.What's on the side of the exit doors of department stores! Airport security  is crazy,many years ago you could walk directly to your gate.Suicides rates are up. Divorces are going up and up. Parenting or lack of it.One parent families.

How simple it is to say that law abiding people who have guns are the problem. Hypocrisy at its best!! 

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, riclag said:

How simple it is to say that law abiding people who have guns are the problem. Hypocrisy at its best!!

Ok! It´s a part of the problem. I never stated that it was the only problem that existed. Just tried, in differens to you, to keep to the topic at hand.
There are many problems in every country all around in the world. Just sad to see that all of them seems to be flocking outside the Immigration of the United States, and all of theese problems seems to be granted long stay visa and green card and are welcomed with open arms. :cheesy:

Edited by Get Real

6 hours ago, riclag said:

A new dichotomy, Soft Targets. Churches, Hospitals and Schools etc.The only thing that stops bad people with guns are good people..Airports,Banks,Federal buildings,Concerts,Football Games  are all protected by people with guns.

In America maybe that's necessary. One mistake can ruin your day. 

46 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

Jesus wept.

Yes,indeed.

One is hoping that the entire 350 million of them are working on vast interplanetary spaceships and that they will all,one day,buzz off for intergalactic destinations unknown to mortal man,

Of course,they will then be intercepted by the Alpha Centaurans..who will stamp their passports.."Rejected-Cultureless Loudmouths"

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Yes,indeed.

One is hoping that the entire 350 million of them are working on vast interplanetary spaceships and that they will all,one day,buzz off for intergalactic destinations unknown to mortal man,

Of course,they will then be intercepted by the Alpha Centaurans..who will stamp their passports.."Rejected-Cultureless Loudmouths"

Not all 350 mil. I've met some very pleasant, intelligent and polite Americans in my travels.

I also watch a lot of You Tube machine shop and old vintage machine shop tooling videos, and the best are run by Americans, who are, again, witty, polite and knowledgable.

But yeah, there a LOT of wrong 'uns out there....

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

Not all 350 mil. I've met some very pleasant, intelligent and polite Americans in my travels.

I also watch a lot of You Tube machine shop and old vintage machine shop tooling videos, and the best are run by Americans, who are, again, witty, polite and knowledgable.

I am watching a lot of American re-enactors from the AWI-splendid-and their ACW compatriots showed me a great time in the USA.

But..

3 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

People talk of America as one monolithic people.

The USA is just that, United States of America , a huge country of 323 million people. geographically  varied from Alaska to Florida, culturally , economically,  educationally, racially and ethnically  diverse. 

A microcosmos in itself where if one looks hard enough one can find anything.

The good, the bad and the ugly. In this case the Comic Tragic.

Except for some remaining native indians, we are all immigrants

We are You.. 

Edited by sirineou
dyslexia with numbers LOL

11 minutes ago, sirineou said:

People talk of America as one monolithic people.

The USA is just that, United States of America , a huge country of 231 million people. geographically  varied from Alaska to Florida, culturally , economically,  educationally, racially and ethnically  diverse. 

A microcosmos in itself where if one looks hard enough one can find anything.

The good, the bad and the ugly. In this case the Comic Tragic.

Except for some remaining native indians, we are all immigrants

We are You.. 

I think it is 330 million-but I stand corrected if it  isn't.

None of them are me.

:smile:

Thank the lord Harry...(on both sides) 

But I  do  take your point.

Randy Newman-"Political Science"

Edited by Odysseus123

Just now, Odysseus123 said:

I think it is 350 million-but I stand corrected if it  isn't.

None of them are me.

:smile:

Thank the lord Harry...(on both sides) 

But I  do  take your point.

I am also wrong on my numbers  I transposed the 2 and the 3 and had got to go back and correct it.

It is not the Number that is important but the concept, of which you are correct my friend.

Given the Numbers and the Opportunity ,anything is possible,  But for the most part they are good people just like you are all also,

When I travel, I am always asked " why you people do  X,Y,or Z" I always reply, because we can, when you could , you did and if you can again you will, now we can and we do

. It is Human nature.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I am also wrong on my numbers  I transposed the 2 and the 3 and had got to go back and correct it.

It is not the Number that is important but the concept, of which you are correct my friend.

Given the Numbers and the Opportunity ,anything is possible,  But for the most part they are good people just like you are all also,

When I travel, I am always asked " why you people do  X,Y,or Z" I always reply, because we can, when you could , you did and if you can again you will, now we can and we do

. It is Human nature.

Yes-spot on...but I wish it wasn't so.

My weakness ,I guess but with 7-8 billion people on this planet of ours I cannot escape the impression that the whole shebang is gonna blow..

I am reminded of Robert Oppenheimer's quote..after the first Trinity test..

"Now I am become death,the destroyer of worlds.."

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

My weakness ,I guess but with 7-8 billion people on this planet of ours I cannot escape the impression that the whole shebang is gonna blow..

Not destroyer of worlds,

simply destroyer of the human infestation. The earth would be just fine!

If it notices that we are gone (if we are gone) it will be in a positive way. And after it heals from the damage we have caused, perhaps in a million years  it would be the octopuses turn or perhaps ferrets. 

I always liked ferrets, if only they did not smell so bad, well perhaps when they take over,  ferret smell would be a good smell ,and if you had a bad smelling ferret , other ferrets will say "Phew you smell like a human"

But I digress   LOL 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Odysseus123 said:

Wow, not seen or heard this one before.

That is some heavy shit dude...