Kroger joins Walmart, Dick's, raises minimum age for gun buyers to 21

webfact

37 minutes ago, sukhumvitneon said:

"People are not forced to join the military in the U.S" is a  true statement at the moment, yes.  But to say that the U.S doesn't have conscription or a draft, as user Credo said, is dishonest.  Why does Selective Service exist?  Theoretically, it could be activated tomorrow, which is the point I'm making about the idea of banning gun sales to people age 18-20.

The point you are laboriously making is that anything could happen tomorrow and you'll happily use that ambiguity of the future to defend your position.

The Selective Service System is a often incomplete and out-of-date database of potential draftees should the US enact draft legislation at some point in the future. Nothing more, nothing less.

• Thanks 2

22 hours ago, mikebike said:

The point you are laboriously making is that anything could happen tomorrow and you'll happily use that ambiguity of the future to defend your position.

The Selective Service System is a often incomplete and out-of-date database of potential draftees should the US enact draft legislation at some point in the future. Nothing more, nothing less.

Keep up with that backpedaling, it's pretty amusing honestly.

Let me ask you something: Why do you love restricting and giving up your own constitutional rights? In any event, I really do think Jefferson said it best: "The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, sukhumvitneon said:

Keep up with that backpedaling, it's pretty amusing honestly.

Let me ask you something: Why do you love restricting and giving up your own constitutional rights? In any event, I really do think Jefferson said it best: "The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."

Danm the torpedoes. Yet to backpeddle n doubt I ever will. 

I am Canadian.

Edited by mikebike