Danish tourist falls to death from Pattaya condo room

webfact

18 hours ago, balo said:

He could have asked for help at his embassy, Denmark has a great welfare system so even if you run out of money there is help for Danish citizens abroad.
I think this is more a mental condition , someone with a mental illness that should never set his foot in Thailand.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Yes, Denmark has a great welfare system but this is written by an Ignorant person. If there in no money on your Danish bank account, or you don't have a bank guarantee from your Danish bank or got a sponsor, then there is no help to get from The Danish Embassy. Not like the old days. I do understand the Embassy. If that were the case with the help, then everyone would take advantage of this situation. And they did help in the past. That is why the stopped. People took advantage of this all over the world. I think this apply to most countries Embassies.

• Like 2

On ‎03‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 11:58 AM, lonewolf99 said:

For those that were upset about my comments - like the deceased I don't care - it was stated he was a tourist - so how was he staying in the condo a "long time".

I have personally seen the mess jumpers make twice in Jomtien. it is horrific and on the first occasion I had just walked passed the landing site 15 seconds before. Blurred out press photos do not do the mangled mess justice

Many people have jumped and landed on innocent people below. Damaged cars and property.

Jumping is not "the way to go".

I could suggest dozens of cleaner less hazardous to others methods - but I would be flamed as being callous again...but hey, I can move on. The dead guy can't and maybe some of his relatives will struggle to do so also.

3rd time lucky . . .

On 3/2/2018 at 9:48 PM, balo said:

I think this is more a mental condition , someone with a mental illness that should never set his foot in Thailand.

Maybe he went 'mental' after he decided to pitch his tent in Thailand?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Maybe he went 'mental' after he decided to pitch his tent in Thailand?

Thailand has that effect...causing guys to "pitch a tent"! :vampire:

Edited by Skeptic7

On 02/03/2018 at 10:00 AM, lonewolf99 said:

no tall buildings in Denmark then ? No money but buys a ticket to LoS and also rents a room then jumps.

That's about 800 to 1,000 Euros worth. Maybe he has left a credit bill hanging........?

There is also the cost of medical services, police, damage to property, embassy staff work....and he could have landed on someone else......well thought out plan.

You seem like a real sympathetic kind of guy, maybe if this guy had met more people like yourself he would still be with us?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rhodie said:

There but for the grace of god............. RIP Michael.

Yes.

"No man is an island unto himself,each is a piece of the continent

A part of the main......

...Every man's death diminishes me for I am of mankind

Therefore,do not send to ask for whom the bell tolls,

It tolls for thee."

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2561 at 4:44 PM, JSixpack said:

RIP. So glad he left a note to avoid (I assume) the indignity with which his demise would otherwise have been treated here.

Have you seen this note ... was it in Danish/English/thai ... ?  Does it exist ?

1 hour ago, Wallander4 said:

Have you seen this note ... was it in Danish/English/thai ... ?  Does it exist ?

I didn't know you have 2 TVF IDs. Why? But--police conspiracy, man. Fake note, planted last cigarette butt, planted chewing gum under the balcony railing! So knock yourself w/ fingering the gf, bg, lb, or wife who pushed him and the police covering it up. Yippee--CSI: TVF is back!

Edited by JSixpack
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

Those Nordic countries have very generous welfare handouts. Sounds like there was more to his demise than just  temporary money problems.

Pattaya is not a place to live .. imho.

Visit a few days and leave. No contact numbers.  Goodbye..

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

It's always sad when a person is taking his own life. But mostly I guess in there opinion this is the best way they can think of.

Even with his note that this was because of Money, this could have other reasons as well. I only think: would I do this if I have a very serious sickness? Maybe I not want others know about this sickness, so write it's about money? 

We never can be sure what we would do when we run out of money or have a really bad sickness which would end in death in a few months/year anyway. I can now tell I never would do this.. but I can't be sure 100% as I never was in this Situation.

It's always easier to say something without really knowing it. Same same as some person like to comment on thing which happened already as they always have better solutions. But they also would have the better solutions at that time, when the desicions had to be made???

• Thanks 1

On 3/3/2018 at 9:12 AM, RichardColeman said:

bottle of pills and whiskey would have sufficed !

Totally wrong.  More often than not your body's self preservation mechanisms kick in, and you puke out most of whatever you swallowed, leaving just enough to put you in a vegetative coma for the next ten years and becoming a hopeless burden on family and society.

At least do a little research.

And so we have another one who has joined the flying club. What the hell is going on?

It`s something about living in Thailand that can drive westerners into despair, I know, I`ve personally witnessed this happening to others. whether it`s financial, relationship problems or finding themselves living in isolation. Very sad and tragic reading about these deaths.

Some people struggle through life with crippling illness and real tragedies and this guy ends it all at 52 over money? If he went back to Denmark he could have found a way to get back on his feet ... mental health is so important. Pattaya is like a farang graveyard. Keep positive folks!

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 11:00 AM, lonewolf99 said:

no tall buildings in Denmark then ? No money but buys a ticket to LoS and also rents a room then jumps.

That's about 800 to 1,000 Euros worth. Maybe he has left a credit bill hanging........?

There is also the cost of medical services, police, damage to property, embassy staff work....and he could have landed on someone else......well thought out plan.

Ooohh we have some tall buildings here in Denmark, but maybe he choosed to live his life until the money ran out. Wonder why he didn't come back to Denmark and earned some money, so he could return to LOS and just enjoy holidays there…..Crazy way to end ones life, as you say, he could have hit somebody or some children could have seen it....New Member Of Pattaya Flying CluB….

• 3 months later...

mostly the same story in LoS.

Bragging at home how great it is and hiding the truth. Before taking the shame and telling in their home country "I am broke and had to return", its easier just to give yourself a bullet or jump.

My question would be, how many did knew him and left him alone with his troubles.

he definitely has met some people in a pub or bar and some must have been following his story which is mainly. Bar and fun, getting silent and stone table and last not seen for weeks until the story pops up he killed himself.

sad thing and I will be fairly honest, I just realize that there are a few lads I know in Pattaya I haven't seen for a while and also i didn't bother why they haven't been seen.

It might be good to do a visit and ask if they are ok before this happens.. 

It's really not just an 'expat in Thailand thing.'

Today I watched a BBC documentary on Montana USA where the suicide rate among males has increasd 25/30% in the past few years. 

Always sad to hear when anyone goes this way.

Edited by overherebc