Family Refuse to Post Bail for Murdered Minibus Driver’s Wife for ‘Her Own Safety’

snoop1130

Family Refuse to Post Bail for Murdered Minibus Driver’s Wife for ‘Her Own Safety’

by CityNews

murdere-wife.jpg

CityNews – The wife of a man who was brutally murdered next to his minivan who pleaded guilty to planning the murder of her husband with her secret boyfriend, is to remain incarcerated after her family refused to pay her bail.

Watita Boontom, the victim’s wife, pleaded guilty to conspiracy to murder after it was revealed she was having an affair with the murderer Bunlue Ubunta. They planned to kill her husband so he would not know about the affair and so Watita could claim his life insurance payout.

On February 28th, it was announced that Watita would remain under lock and key following her family refusing to post bail, fearing that if she was set free the family of the victim would do her harm.

Full Story: http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news/family-refuse-post-bail-murdered-minibus-drivers-wife-safety/

changmainews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Chiang City News 2018-3-2
  • Haha 1

On 3/3/2018 at 4:14 PM, Just Weird said:

It's not exclusive to Thailand.

What's not exclusive to Thailand? Where else is it done? Please enlighten us to any civilised country that would give bail to someone who's confessed to conspiracy to murder. 

4 hours ago, rkidlad said:

What's not exclusive to Thailand? Where else is it done? Please enlighten us to any civilised country that would give bail to someone who's confessed to conspiracy to murder. 

Bail for similar offences is not exclusive to Thailand.  Get enlightened by researching it yourself but, and here's a clue, one of those countries begins with the letter "U".

2 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Bail for similar offences is not exclusive to Thailand.  Get enlightened by researching it yourself but, and here's a clue, one of those countries begins with the letter "U".

Utopia? You don't have a point, do you? 

Just because something bad happens somewhere else doesn't make it right or acceptable. Look up 'whataboutism'. 

Offering bail to someone who's confessed to conspiracy to murder is stupid. It's stupid here and it's stupid anywhere else in the world. It deserves ridicule. 

8 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Utopia? You don't have a point, do you? 

Just because something bad happens somewhere else doesn't make it right or acceptable. Look up 'whataboutism'. 

Offering bail to someone who's confessed to conspiracy to murder is stupid. It's stupid here and it's stupid anywhere else in the world. It deserves ridicule. 

You know that I was referring to an actual country, not an imaginary state, don't you?

I wasn't justifying what happens here as being acceptable, I was merely pointing out that it does not only happen in Thailand as a couple of people have suggested it did.  Whether it is stupid or not, or deserves ridicule, is subjective and does not alter the fact that the facility exists here and in other countries.

4 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

You know that I was referring to an actual country, not an imaginary state, don't you?

I wasn't justifying what happens here as being acceptable, I was merely pointing out that it does not only happen in Thailand as a couple of people have suggested it did.  Whether it is stupid or not, or deserves ridicule, is subjective and does not alter the fact that the facility exists here and in other countries.

Yes, Utopia is made up like your reference. Either say it or wind your neck in. 

Oh, ridicule often alters things. No one likes being called out when they do dumb stuff. 

4 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Yes, Utopia is made up like your reference. Either say it or wind your neck in. 

Oh, ridicule often alters things. No one likes being called out when they do dumb stuff. 

"Either say it or wind your neck in". 

That's rich coming from you.

One country that can offer bail the same as in Thailand in certain circumstances, as is being discussed in this case, is the UK.  

"No one likes being called out when they do dumb stuff".

How does it feel?

6 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

"Either say it or wind your neck in". 

That's rich coming from you.

One country that can offer bail the same as in Thailand in certain circumstances, as is being discussed in this case, is the UK.  

"No one likes being called out when they do dumb stuff".

How does it feel?

How does what feel? You haven’t called anything out. 

The UK allow people who admit to conspiracy to murder out on bail? Wow! I’d love to see a reference to that. 

1 minute ago, rkidlad said:

The UK allow people who admit to conspiracy to murder out on bail? Wow! I’d love to see a reference to that. 

Look it up then, doing it yourself will help you remember it, I'm certainly not going to do it for you.  It has been discussed here before and it can be done in certain circumstances.

1 minute ago, Just Weird said:

Look it up then, doing it yourself will help you remember it, I'm certainly not going to do it for you.  It has been discussed here before and it can be done in certain circumstances.

I’m not looking it up because it doesn’t exist. 

Next......

Just now, rkidlad said:

No, because it doesn’t exist. 100% sure. 

You could always prove me wrong......

"No, because it doesn’t exist. 100% sure

100% dumb guess work.  And wrong.

I could and I can prove you wrong but you're not going to get me to do your work.  I don't care if you don't believe it.

Just now, Just Weird said:

"No, because it doesn’t exist. 100% sure

100% dumb guess work.  And wrong.

I could and I can prove you wrong but you're not going to get me to do your work.  I don't care if you don't believe it.

So show us all. You’re the one who said it. The burden of proof is on you. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

So show us all. You’re the one who said it. The burden of proof is on you. 

"So show us all".

When did you become "us all"?  No one else has disputed it.  There's no burden of proof on me, la.

Edited by Just Weird