True Visions lack of customer care!

cliveshep

True Visions sent me a double bill this month saying last month's bill had not been paid. I am the one who pays True Visions because in their Big C mall shop the girls take the bill and my money and make payment for me. While I do this my wife pays AIS up the other end of the mall for cell phone bills, they also accept payments for Water and Electricity PLUS they give a proper A5 printed receipt for each bill detailing what it was paid for and the receipt. True Visions could learn a lot from AIS!

So somehow they lost the payment on their system?

They refused to accept I had paid it and to keep the peace - I was getting ready to deck someone as I was so angry and feeling cheated - my wife came along and paid it.

So we cancelled True and went with AIS because their internet is fibre, twice as fast, and their TV channels are like the Sky full Monty in the UK - hundreds of channels, loads of English movies, brilliant. Plus the connection including all wiring, decoder, router, cable from across the road etc all FREE.

What's not to like?

Meanwhile True collected the rest of their kit today but not the remote which is not a True one which one of the dogs ate but a fully functional brand new one nevertheless.  They wanted 155 baht for theirs, I told them as I felt cheated of nearly 1000 baht lost payment they could replace it out of that money. Put the entire story on their face book page advising folk that AIS were better, and in any event not to lose True's receipts. True counter staff did admit that losing payments in their system was a fairly common thing but were not prepared to give us the benefit of the doubt.

Afterwards I learnt that this had happened to my sister-in-law not once but THREE times and that as a result they too had cancelled the contract with True Visions and gone with AIS.

It's a given that I admit that I was a fool for not keeping the receipts safe and  I'm here warning all the Thai Visa readers not to fall into the same trap. However, I am curious if anyone else has had this problem with True Visions

They missed a payment and because you did not keep the payment slips safe could not prove it. That sucks, i guess I am like you trashing them too soon (expecting the system to work). But you have to look at it from their side.. they miss a payment and you cannot prove you paid... you wont be the first to try to cheat them. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

So somehow they lost the payment on their system?

Who knows? Maybe you just dreamed you'd paid it or you forgot about it when some hottie walked by.

But the fortunate fall, eh. AIS gets good buzz here so you should be happier anyway.

I have had two payments to True lost. They were paid online, so I had the receipts.
Another time I paid in advance; but they took it as a prepayment for the telephone, not the whole package. It took them 1 1/2 months to fix that.

On 3/3/2018 at 3:46 PM, cliveshep said:

I am the one who pays True Visions because in their Big C mall shop the girls take the bill and my money and make payment for me.

I've always paid my True bill online. Takes a few seconds and no sweat.

I don't watch True Visions myself (content sucks for us) but still have their broadband service and True Move services to watch my own TV provider with.

We are delighted with AIS although we pay 300 baht a month more the tv is brilliant and internet generally well over 115Gb sec although it slows down in the evenings.

i left a complaint on True's FaceBook page and they apologised and said they'd sort it out. Predictably that was the end of it apart from another bill coming in.

• Like 1

I have also been told by True that I had missed a payment which I had made. Now keep all receipts. Their movies suck and full of repeats. The only reason I still use them is I am a fanatical rugby union fan and their setanta channel has all the southern hemisphere competition on it. Never the less if I could find another service which has all this and better sports, movies and documentaries I would ditch them. True installed a fibre optic cable, my current service is a dish which freaks out in the rainy season, but when I tried to access the channels I had payed for previously for a gold package I was told I had to pay again with the fibre optic service. This did not sound fair to me so I stuck with the dish and do not use the fibre optic service. True already charge like wounded bulls.

16 hours ago, JaseTheBass said:

I'm still amazed anyone who has been in Thailand for more than 5 minutes would ever have anything to do with True.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Some people just don't have another option.

When I first arrived in my current place 7 years ago, True were the only game in town.

And the internet was only available via an aircard which made downloading stuff pretty much impossible.

Things have changed for the better now though.

• Like 1

"True Visions lack of customer care!"

That's old news!  I'm surprised they've any customers left!

I binned True years ago.  The monthly bills arrived after the pay-by date, so I couldn't pay them unless I made a trip to one of their shops.  I had a faulty router, after a lightning strike; the repair guy arrived about 4 days later, but didn't replace the router, just repaired it, leaving it with only 1 port working.  When I told him that I needed at least 2 ports out of the 4, it was, "Mai Bpen Rai, it works", and he then left.  Every time the engineers are working in the village, my internet goes down; they just switch everything off.

I now use TOT fibre, mainly because I had TOT when I lived in Bangkok, and had no problems at all.  Now is the same, no problems at all, excellent service.  When I asked TOT to install the fibre, they told me that they have ex-True customers applying every day.

If a True salesman ever knocks at my door, he will be told to shove his service where the sun doesn't shine.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, JaseTheBass said:

I'm still amazed anyone who has been in Thailand for more than 5 minutes would ever have anything to do with True.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I downgraded from Platinum to Gold in November last year. 4 months later, they still haven't got my monthly payment right and I have to go into their shop in Central to try to sort out every month (usually takes at least 45 minutes). I'm sure that if I upgraded the new payment would be immediate!

On 3/3/2018 at 4:16 PM, cliveshep said:

and their TV channels are like the Sky full Monty in the UK - hundreds of channels, loads of English movies, brilliant. Plus the connection including all wiring, decoder, router, cable from across the road etc all FREE.

I to have AIS and do not get hundreds of channels of TV. Could you explain this in greater detail.. As I see this and it does not seem worth it to me...http://www.ais.co.th/aisplay/en/package.html?Intcid=playapp-en-redirect

• Like 1

4 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

That's indeed an amazing speed.

Not half as amazing as my ability to cock things up writing - sorry, it's Mbps.

I downloaded the free Speedtest app from Oppla, it sits on my desktop and can be used as often as I like.

Right now says 98Mbps at 4.00pm when all the kids are home so not bad at all.

30 minutes ago, GLewis said:

I to have AIS and do not get hundreds of channels of TV. Could you explain this in greater detail.. As I see this and it does not seem worth it to me...http://www.ais.co.th/aisplay/en/package.html?Intcid=playapp-en-redirect

Don't ask me, I just pay 1299 baht a month for the package with internet, my wife sorted it in the AIS shop in the mall. All I know is we've got loads and loads of TV channels comparable to Sky in the UK.

3 hours ago, firefox999uk said:

Yes it is......Beats my speed on True

Speed Test 9.3.18.jpg

Sorry, my bad, see above. It's Mbps and I am the same as you now, before it was only 40 or less with True and frozen at times evenings and weekends. 

1 hour ago, GLewis said:

Can I have that with SIM card and a WIFI in my home deep in countryside?

What Internet speed is enough?

On 3/3/2018 at 4:16 PM, cliveshep said:

AIS because their internet is fibre, twice as fast, and their TV channels are like the Sky full Monty in the UK - hundreds of channels, loads of English movies, brilliant.

Aren't you talking this up a bit besides the download speeds? I just checked the AIS Platinum package and its 42 channels - unless I'm missing something. That's it? Nothing like Sky in UK at all really.

Yes, I had this problem few years back. I also cancelled. 

I bought one of those top boxs, MXQ. From shop in Tukcom Pattaya, it gives me everything I want, fully loaded.

all free movies, thousands of them and some sport apps.

True are crap. No customer care. They will go down like SKY in New Zealand and Australia, they have lost thousands of customers over the last few months. Pricing keeps increasing and more people using these apps. 

There is approx 90 channels that come free with the basic internet connection.  Then if a person adds on another premium package like say the Platinum package which has around 42 additional channels.    This would be the most channels a person would get which adds up to 132 channels.

See the free channels and add-on channels here.

http://www.ais.co.th/fibre/en/package_homeplus.html

Yeah, I am on the verge of giving True the big flick, had trouble with them when we shifted from our old house to the new one 35 Klms away. Went from Fibre Optics back to cable with the move. They are money hungry thieves not to be trusted. Their billing system sucks and most of their staff are not much better.

4 hours ago, cliveshep said:

Not half as amazing as my ability to cock things up writing - sorry, it's Mbps.

I downloaded the free Speedtest app from Oppla, it sits on my desktop and can be used as often as I like.

Right now says 98Mbps at 4.00pm when all the kids are home so not bad at all.

I know mate, my comment was tongue in cheek.

But to explain you, Ookla tests to Thailand based servers, and use multithread as test method.

This works same as a torrent, where they add connections ( threads) all the time until you get the maximum result.

You will also know that 90% of the content you visit comes from servers outside Thailand, even Thai websites are hosted on servers at the other side of the world.

Also with streaming you don't get multi connections, unless you stream from torrents, so if you want to know your real life speed click on below link, and in the green bar that pops up press download. Then report back.

https://testmy.net/mirror?testServer=uk

I think I gonna give them the boot as well, pay about 2700 per month for the gold package + 50mb/s + a sim card.

I like the documentary programmes I must admit but the movies are mostly old and replayed again and again.

I will check out AIS when I come back from overseas work.

Sent from my SM-C710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Why   do people still pay for True Vision    or AIS   movie  ,documentary ,or other TV  shows  usually  outdated  when you can get all  the latest movies  ,tv shows,documentaries   for FREE    via  internet download add ons  jusy pay for  your internet connection