Why Im pulling the plug.

keithpa

12 minutes ago, keithpa said:

Amazing people,no, just as many dickheads there as here. ;amazing hobbies, can do anywhere, wipe social media, time and place for that, How old, Im mature, and you?. Loser, no, Ive got plenty of money, loving family back home, problems, no, just everyday challengers  that one has no matter where they lay their head.

What city are you planning to move to? You sound jaded. Sometimes a change has to be done. You currently in Bangkok?

44 minutes ago, keithpa said:

As I wrote earlier, that is what living here does to ya, and, Im still here. If you cant be bothered to follow this fantastic topic, word for word,  except for the few who tried to hijack it about the United States of the USA,  then  dont comment.

Yeah, sorry about that.

Some guys are somewhat living in the past..... No need to sit in the condo all day. Most now have smartphones to tweet any time any place and which seems to drive a number of refuseniks clutching their dumb phones bonkers enough to up sticks and run back home apparently.

Edited by SheungWan

16 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Some guys are somewhat living in the past..... No need to sit in the condo all day. Most now have smartphones to tweet any time any place and which seems to drive a number of refuseniks clutching their dumb phones bonkers enough to up sticks and run back home apparently.

Hey!  I've still got a "dumb phone". I disabled the text function so you might even call it a "really dumb phone". I just call it a phone. I really abhor text messages, and if what someone has to tell me isn't important enough to call me about, IMO it doesn't deserve my attention.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, InMyShadow said:

Plenty of money my ass. Nobody brags about that and fun fact is most run home tail between legs to nanny state and government support.

But hey your different because your no longer on social media.. Right?

Dude just hit delete thai visa on your PC.. Your can do it.. And your life will be instantly amazing emoji3.png

Government support, not eligible, my company in Oz  pays me handsomely , and a lot of company tax. Running home, no,flying business class, as usual.

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Most now have smartphones to tweet any time any place

Seriously, that's the saddest thing I've read in a long time. The idea that humans would actually think it is a good idea to spend their time twitting instead of being involved in the life around them is a horrible concept.

Surely they can do both ?

52 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
2 hours ago, keithpa said:
Im going back to start to live again.

Good luck. Hope you feel happier. Probably coming off thaivisa will make you feel better pretty quick

Nothing wrong with thai visa, very useful at times.

19 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

While I don't wish to be unkind, that is what I thought when I read your OP.

I have no idea as to what you have had enough of, or what you want to do to counter it.

There is a reason 70 year olds don't wander off around the world looking for adventure or something- it's called old age and age related health problems.

Were I 20 years younger there is no way in the world I'd be spending as much time on this or any other forum, but, sad to say, this's about the most exciting thing I get to do now.

Young people communicate via mobile phones.

Tin cans and strings not trendy anymore.

Edited by Justfine

2 minutes ago, Justfine said:

Every Thai city is different. Why the secret?

Its Thailand I am getting away from. And as a sideline, since ive been here, 4 people know , knew, well have been killed in traffic accidents, injured, countless. Back in Oz, not one of my friends has been killed , or injured in traffic accidents. And, i have many more friends and rellies there.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, keithpa said:

Its Thailand I am getting away from. And as a sideline, since ive been here, 4 people know , knew, well have been killed in traffic accidents, injured, countless. Back in Oz, not one of my friends has been killed , or injured in traffic accidents. And, i have many more friends and rellies there.

It's Pattaya isn't it? Just say it.

On 05/03/2018 at 12:19 AM, keithpa said:

irrevelant

It's very relevant.  Issues of weather, welfare, medical support, law and order. freedom of rights etc. So where are you returning home to where you still have a family and a community? Why is it better? What makes you think you won't come back here. I may return to Europe one day when my libido finally dies but on my occasional returns home I have been bored senseless by the tedium of life, the expense, the politics and the weather was depressing. So where you plan to return to is very relevant.  You started the thread. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

No. Just thinking that twitting is a rational way to spend one's life is crazy, IMO. I understand about the seduction of the electronic medium. I myself spend too much time on TVF writing long posts that will be forgotten tomorrow.

However, there is no way I'll ever be one of those sad creatures that go eat in a restaurant and spend my time twitting with my imaginary friends, all the while ignoring the person that is with me. I don't even understand why people do that- do they dislike the person they are with so much they don't want to talk to them?

The problem with electronic medium addiction, is that most of us humans can't recognise that it is an addiction, and even if we do, sometimes we can't break free.

Better than drinking all day or drugs. Internet addiction isnt that bad.

1 minute ago, The manic said:

It's very relevant.  Issues of weather, welfare, medical support, law and order. freedom of rights etc. So where are you returning home to where you still have a family and a community? Why is it better? What makes you think you won't come back here. I may return to Europe one day when my libido finally dies but on my occasional returns home I have been bored senseless by the tedium of life, the expense, the politics and the weather was depressing. So where you plan to return to is very relevant.  You started the thread. 

He said Perth. Didnt say what the Thai base was.

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

You've spent your time on here personally attacking me and the OP. Do you have anything to add about the OP?

I won't be responding to any more of your baiting on this thread.

Oh the irony.