Why Im pulling the plug.

keithpa

14 hours ago, keithpa said:

About Oz, for sure, after 15 years here, nothing new for me to learn. Been screwed by TGF, TW, thought I had some good mates, but, when they got full of piss, they showed their true self. Back in Oz, most blokes would ;never admit they had ever been with a prostitute, here, that is who most blokes marry. Then they cry over getting screwed, I was one cept i didnt cry over it, best thing that ever happened to me.

Most? Get better friends. Only most if you keep bad company.

And did you marry one? Unclear from your post.

Your friends got drunk and showed you their true self? They married hookers so you should have already known their true self.

11 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

America is indeed a country. If you said it isn't, you're wrong. If Wiki said it, then Wiki's wrong.

I do believe that America is a continent and the United states of America is a country

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I do believe that America is a continent and the United states of America is a country

There are 2 continents with America in their name. North America and South America. The country America is located on the North American continent, along with Canada, Mexico, and the Central American countries.

"The United States Of" is merely a formal descriptor just like it is for other countries.  You know, like:

Mexico (Estados Unidos de)

Australia (The Commonwealth of)

Thailand (The Kingdom of)

Germany (The Federal Republic of)

China (The Peoples Republic of)

etc.

Edited by lannarebirth

32 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

There are 2 continents with America in their name. North America and South America. The country America is located on the North American continent, along with Canada, Mexico, and the Central American countries.

"The United States Of" is merely a formal descriptor just like it is for other countries.  You know, like:

etc.

The is no Country called "America"

America is a continent . 

There is a certain area of land in the American continent that is divided up into different states , all these states are unified under one Country , the United states of (the) American (Continent) 

11 minutes ago, sanemax said:

The is no Country called "America"

America is a continent . 

There is a certain area of land in the American continent that is divided up into different states , all these states are unified under one Country , the United states of (the) American (Continent) 

That is not correct. 

First of all North America and South America are two seperate continents. Just like North Dakota and South Dakota are two separate states There is no "Dakota", at least not anymore, just as there is no continent called America. 

How come no one calls Mexico the United States of Mexico?  You can call America the United States of America, that's the formal name. Most maps are labeled United States and that of course is incorrect.

I hope to Christ you are not a product of the American school system.

Edited by lannarebirth
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

That is not correct. 

First of all North America and South America are two seperate continents. Just like North Dakota and South Dakota are two separate states There is no "Dakota", at least not anymore, just as there is no continent called America. 

How come no one calls Mexico the United States of Mexico?  You can call America the United Staes of America, that's the formal name. Most maps are labeled United States and that of course is incorrect.

I hope to Christ you are not a product of the American school system.

OK , a quick question :

Is "South America" Texas and Miami or Brazil and Argentina  ?

53 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

etc.

Greetings to the pedants. Now - a reflection on common usage....  Most of us would understand the word "America" to mean - in common use - the US of A.  In the same way, reference to an "American" is never understood to extend to Canadians, Mexicans, Colombians etcetcetc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, lannarebirth said:

I'm sure it is hard to find ways to pass the time in the outback.

5555555 - can't remember (been a while...).  Rhyming slang is amusing, not malicious. 

Funny, but this thread reminded me of a plaque that I saw many years ago, on a painting that was hanging in the living room of the homestead of a very large cattle station in northern Australia (owned by an American).  It said "God Bless America and John Wayne" (who was depicted in the painting). 

3 hours ago, Justfine said:

Most? Get better friends. Only most if you keep bad company.

And did you marry one? Unclear from your post.

Your friends got drunk and showed you their true self? They married hookers so you should have already known their true self.

One  of the ex mates, has always been single, the other, married a decent woman.

8 hours ago, poanoi said:

IMO the most obvious reason to go back home to die is cremation chambers burn at a higher temperature so there's not so much un-burnt bones left,

i would do it myself if it wasnt so painful to travel.

rest easy mate

Im going back to start to live again.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, InMyShadow said:

Oh the irony of bashing social media only to go out of your way to create a thread about social media :thumbsup:

As I wrote earlier, that is what living here does to ya, and, Im still here. If you cant be bothered to follow this fantastic topic, word for word,  except for the few who tried to hijack it about the United States of the USA,  then  dont comment.

Edited by keithpa
add

18 hours ago, keithpa said:

About Oz, for sure, after 15 years here, nothing new for me to learn. Been screwed by TGF, TW, thought I had some good mates, but, when they got full of piss, they showed their true self. Back in Oz, most blokes would ;never admit they had ever been with a prostitute, here, that is who most blokes marry. Then they cry over getting screwed, I was one cept i didnt cry over it, best thing that ever happened to me.

Grow up <deleted> your 70 years old.

• Like 1

As I wrote earlier, that is what living here does to ya, and, Im still here. If you cant be bothered to follow this fantastic topic, word for word,  except for the few who tried to hijack it about the United States of the USA,  then  dont comment.
Oh and magically your new life will see you surrounded by amazing people and amazing hobbies so you will just wipe social media.

How old are you? 12?

Just another loser trying to out run his problems. Good luck with that and keep us posted... Oops that's right you don't do social media [emoji23]
  • Like 2

You have had enough of living in Thailand and you want to go back home .

Fair enough, maybe you are homesick, nothing wrong with that.

If you are bored with life , you will probably get bored with life in Oz , just that it will be more expensive to be bored there .

You should go back for a few months , to see how you like it there

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, InMyShadow said:

Oh and magically your new life will see you surrounded by amazing people and amazing hobbies so you will just wipe social media.

How old are you? 12?

Just another loser trying to out run his problems. Good luck with that and keep us posted... Oops that's right you don't do social media emoji23.png

Amazing people,no, just as many dickheads there as here. ;amazing hobbies, can do anywhere, wipe social media, time and place for that, How old, Im mature, and you?. Loser, no, Ive got plenty of money, loving family back home, problems, no, just everyday challengers  that one has no matter where they lay their head.