DSI Investigates Foreign ‘Agent’ For Threats To Reporters

webfact

DSI Investigates Foreign ‘Agent’ For Threats To Reporters

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

thierry-696x428.jpg 

Thierry Perenon in a still image taken from a live stream of the Feb. 25 at the Ibis Pattaya hotel.

BANGKOK — The Department of Special Investigation said Monday it was investigating a foreign man claiming to be one of its “special agents” and would prosecute him if he broke any laws.

The department said in a statement it was investigating the actions of French national Thierry Perenon, who over the weekend threatened reporters with a news agency. The DSI statement said it had confirmed with its office in east Thailand that he was not one of its agents.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2018/03/05/dsi-investigates-foreign-agent-threats-reporters/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-03-05
  • Thanks 1

Not very good reporting here by Khaosod...

Yesterday's reports quoted the DSI chief saying the guy was an official foreign VOLUNTEER in Pattaya...

Now today's report has the same DSI guy saying he's not one of their AGENTS, which would seem kind of obvious since he's not a Thai national, but is totally silent on the issue of whether he was an officially recognized volunteer with either DSI or the local police.

There's a big gap between him not being a DSI officer/agent, and him not having any recognized role with the local police or DSI. And as is usual here, that huge gap inbetween is left un-explained or clarified.

Thai foreign police VOLUNTEERs , as well as the Thai citizen police VOLUNTEERs, are taught what authority - IF ANY, they have, and IF, the limited time and scope of the authority and can NOT act in any way without direct police supervision

2 hours ago, webfact said:

The DSI statement said it had confirmed with its office in east Thailand that he was not one of its agents.

Does it mean the pic published in the first article of him in full police uniform next to another officer in uniform was a photoshop product?

• Like 1

Looking at his photo, I can see the 'wings'. Yonks ago, I worked as a police volunteer Thai translator in Pattaya, and I recall that I could have gone on a day course of 'parachute jumping' off a step (!) to earn these wings (I didn't go...).

Under the wings on his uniform are medal bars. I have no idea why/where he got these.

Finally, at the bottom is a black and gold lapel badge. I was awarded the same police badge for some radio-comms work that I did when I worked in Phuket for the Tourist Police.

The arm badge says 'Police...' We can't see the complete badge, but it needs to say 'Police Volunteer', not just 'Police'.

As for the shirt collar bling and white braiding, no idea at all.

The overall impression is that he is a Thai police officer, which he is not.

Edited by simon43
  • Like 1

investigating a foreign man claiming to be one of its “special agents” and would prosecute him if he broke any laws.

The DSI statement said it had confirmed with its office in east Thailand that he was not one of its agents.

Isn´t this like a classic contradiction?

i can confirm he got his wings by using the zip line at the Jomtien Tower, like most others who bear  the *PARATROOPER* FLAG, , sad how it has become so devalued. !! i would push the buggers out without a chute

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Regyai said:

If Pattaya was only half as despotic as some portray. Vermin like this would have their vitals ventilated by double edged steel some dark night.

You "talk" mean, but ....

the guy is clearly a fantasist wanna be cop, i mean seriously if your aspirations in life are to be a thai cop then you must have very low self esteem. as for the emails, i reckon he just had too much wine one night and sent a load of emails out then woke up next day and thought, oh <deleted>. if i were him i'd be seriously too embarrassed to stay in thailand

19 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

the guy is clearly a fantasist wanna be cop, i mean seriously if your aspirations in life are to be a thai cop then you must have very low self esteem. as for the emails, i reckon he just had too much wine one night and sent a load of emails out then woke up next day and thought, oh <deleted>. if i were him i'd be seriously too embarrassed to stay in thailand

Or scared. He just outted himself as a snitch.  

1 hour ago, Happy enough said:

This cretin is the epitome of the sort of creepy Frenchman who would get a thrill out of blowing up "Rainbow Warriors".

After seeing the pl++ker wearing a bs uniform, just shows hes a wanna be.

All farangs around Pattaya, you have now seen his photo, i suggest you give him a wide berth.

Do not allow him near you/into your conversations or he is likely to snitch on you.

There's shops selling police military dsi gear, they real deal, one in Pattaya thepprasit rd, any badge is 500 thb.

You can buy any gear there, any unit uniform, they supply cops.